Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(28-Aug-2018, 02:11)Pim Wrote: I haven't heard back from Devialet since I sent my email above, 2 weeks ago. I guess everybody is enjoying the nice summer in Europe  Huh

August in France is like January in Australia - don’t expect much to happen.
(28-Aug-2018, 04:53)Will Wrote:
(28-Aug-2018, 02:11)Pim Wrote: I haven't heard back from Devialet since I sent my email above, 2 weeks ago. I guess everybody is enjoying the nice summer in Europe  Huh

August in France is like January in Australia - don’t expect much to happen.

Yeah, So I'm told. No rush, I'm enjoying the D200 I kept for this very reason.  Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(14-Aug-2018, 08:50)Pim Wrote: I've packed the Od'A up and sent an email to Devialet to organise transport. They look pretty ordinary as I've never been able to clean them properly. I've asked for Devialet to see if they can fix that issue. In contrast, the old D 170 I took to of the box it's been sitting in ( for almost two years!) waiting for this moment looks mint. My wife even thought I'd bought a new one! It's quite obvious that the coating on the Od'A isn't as solid as the dark chrome. See what Devialet comes up with.

I'm quietly hoping that they come back Roon ready. It's about time for another firmware upgrade don't you think?  Wink

Hi Pim,

Don't know if you recall but I had similar issues with the copper gold finish. 

When my units returned after the 1k PRO update they were spotless, in fact I was pretty sure that the chassis' were brand new. 

Fingers crossed yours will be immaculate too. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Today, Judith let me know that my 220Pro has been shipped back and also provided the UPS tracking# Smile Should have it back for the weekend. Sorry Devialet, patience is not a real strenght of mine ;-)
Bauer LS 3.0 - Ortofon 7.8N SPK - Octave RE320 - 220 Pro - DH Labs D-110 - Mutec MC-3+ USB - ROON ROCK NUC - Sbooster MKII - Technics 1200 MK2 w/ Quintet Blue
I got a call today from someone who works at the Devialet support.

I was at work, really focussed on solving a big problem, and suddenly someone from Paris on the phone calling me w.r.t. my Expert Pro... I had to think for about 15 seconds what he was talking about before I snapped out of my professional world into this nice hobby.

The person informed me that the CI upgrade went indeed a bit slower the past weeks but now they are back on track. I also asked some other questions on how they were organized and much more: I received very well documented answers in my native tongue (Dutch). These guys are really trying to put the customer first.

I had mostly very good contacts with the support and am very happy with the amp. Thanks Devialet!!
(28-Aug-2018, 15:10)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(14-Aug-2018, 08:50)Pim Wrote: I've packed the Od'A up and sent an email to Devialet to organise transport. They look pretty ordinary as I've never been able to clean them properly. I've asked for Devialet to see if they can fix that issue. In contrast, the old D 170 I took to of the box it's been sitting in ( for almost two years!) waiting for this moment looks mint. My wife even thought I'd bought a new one! It's quite obvious that the coating on the Od'A isn't as solid as the dark chrome. See what Devialet comes up with.

I'm quietly hoping that they come back Roon ready. It's about time for another firmware upgrade don't you think?  Wink

Hi Pim,

When my units returned after the 1k PRO update they were spotless, in fact I was pretty sure that the chassis' were brand new. 

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume,

Yes I do remember that you sent yours back to get rid of a spot somewhere on the chassis and that Devialet didn't want to upgrade it to 1000Pro at the time. Are you saying that when you got your back after the 'fix' it looked less new than when it came back from the Pro upgrade? I wonder if they have worked out the original coating isn't any good and came up with a better one.

I've got an idea on what to do when it comes back looking (hopefully) as new and how to keep it that way. I've been using this coating on our ceramic cooktop that makes it really easy to keep it clean. It's made to handle cooking temperatures so I don't have to be afraid that it can't handle the heat of the Devialet. Gotta send it back for the upgrade first though and Devialet still haven't replied to my emails... Sad
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(30-Aug-2018, 02:54)Pim Wrote:
(28-Aug-2018, 15:10)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Hi Pim,

Guillaume

Hi Guillaume,

Yes I do remember that you sent yours back to get rid of a spot somewhere on the chassis and that Devialet didn't want to upgrade it to 1000Pro at the time. Are you saying that when you got your back after the 'fix' it looked less new than when it came back from the Pro upgrade? I wonder if they have worked out the original coating isn't any good and came up with a better one.

I've got an idea on what to do when it comes back looking (hopefully) as new and how to keep it that way. I've been using this coating on our ceramic cooktop that makes it really easy to keep it clean. It's made to handle cooking temperatures so I don't have to be afraid that it can't handle the heat of the Devialet. Gotta send it back for the upgrade first though and Devialet still haven't replied to my emails... Sad

No not really. They fixed it the first time and then some of the blotches and marks started to reappear.

When the units went back for the PRO update they came back looking perfect (and I think better than the first time). I sold it after that. 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
41 days later and they've picked the Od'A up today. I hope the return goes a little quicker.
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(24-Sep-2018, 08:11)Pim Wrote: 41 days later and they've picked the Od'A up today. I hope the return goes a little quicker.

Hello Pim

Yes, I hope so too!

Please post your experience with regard to Roon compatibility after upgrade. I am still scared to send my Od’A back in case they break something. It works perfectly for me these days. 

Good luck!
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
(24-Sep-2018, 08:59)Zappydev Wrote:
(24-Sep-2018, 08:11)Pim Wrote: 41 days later and they've picked the Od'A up today. I hope the return goes a little quicker.

Hello Pim

Yes, I hope so too!

Please post your experience with regard to Roon compatibility after upgrade. I am still scared to send my Od’A back in case they break something. It works perfectly for me these days. 

Good luck!

It's Roon over Ethernet that I wanted to be sure is working before sending them to France. It's my belief that they got that sorted now. With a bit of luck they have RAAT going before it returns  Big Grin
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.