Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
(24-Sep-2018, 10:22)Pim Wrote:
(24-Sep-2018, 08:59)Zappydev Wrote:
(24-Sep-2018, 08:11)Pim Wrote: 41 days later and they've picked the Od'A up today. I hope the return goes a little quicker.

Hello Pim

Yes, I hope so too!

Please post your experience with regard to Roon compatibility after upgrade. I am still scared to send my Od’A back in case they break something. It works perfectly for me these days. 

Good luck!

It's Roon over Ethernet that I wanted to be sure is working before sending them to France. It's my belief that they got that sorted now. With a bit of luck they have RAAT going before it returns  Big Grin

I hope it works for you. I have heard that it works just fine for many, but I wasn't so lucky. I haven't been able to use Roon/AIR for weeks, it's totally useless for me. I hear crackles every minute or so. I haven't got any help from Devialet's support or from Roon's support.

I certainly hope that we get RAAT someday in the future.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(24-Sep-2018, 11:26)petrik Wrote:
(24-Sep-2018, 08:59)Zappydev Wrote: Hello Pim

Yes, I hope so too!

Please post your experience with regard to Roon compatibility after upgrade. I am still scared to send my Od’A back in case they break something. It works perfectly for me these days. 

Good luck!

It's Roon over Ethernet that I wanted to be sure is working before sending them to France. It's my belief that they got that sorted now. With a bit of luck they have RAAT going before it returns  Big Grin

I hope it works for you. I have heard that it works just fine for many, but I wasn't so lucky. I haven't been able to use Roon/AIR for weeks, it's totally useless for me. I hear crackles every minute or so. I haven't got any help from Devialet's support or from Roon's support.

I feel for you. So far, I've been pretty lucky with the old AIR and now Roon AIR. It just seems to work, hence my initial hesitation to 'upgrade'.

I'm also in the process of upgrading my network. I'm looking at Ubiquiti Inifi gear. That should all be up and running when the Od'A comes back so anything can happen then.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(24-Sep-2018, 08:59)Zappydev Wrote: Hello Pim

Yes, I hope so too!

Good luck!

Hi,
I use Roon Rock on NUC7i7 with RoonAir. I have had crackles and Devialet disappearing from Roon until  Roon or Devialet, or both are restarted. But it worked flawlessly for weeks, before. 
Then I downgraded DOS from latest, stable one to last beta. And it again works perfect. No single disruption since over a week. I suggest you use the latest beta firmware.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
(24-Sep-2018, 18:18)maxijazz Wrote:
(24-Sep-2018, 10:22)Pim Wrote: It's Roon over Ethernet that I wanted to be sure is working before sending them to France. It's my belief that they got that sorted now. With a bit of luck they have RAAT going before it returns  Big Grin

Hi,
I use Roon Rock on NUC7i7 with RoonAir. I have had crackles and Devialet disappearing from Roon until  Roon or Devialet, or both are restarted. But it worked flawlessly for weeks, before. 
Then I downgraded DOS from latest, stable one to last beta. And it again works perfect. No single disruption since over a week. I suggest you use the latest beta firmware.

Thank you for this information. I wonder what did they change in the latest FW regarding the AIR and why. Nothing related to this was mentioned in the release notes... The AIR was working very well earlier during all the beta FWs, even when using WiFi. I didn't experience any crackles at all during the last 6 months or so.

Let me ask from support would they have any idea what's going on.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Thank goodness RAAT will come with Roons QA standards that’s all I’ll say. Might take a while to get released, but at least it will work and better still we won’t have to be unacknowledged and largely ignored beta testers.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Just got a mail from Judith that they've shipped back my upgraded 440-Pro CI back to me at DC in the US ... Should get it early next week .. Surprising that Devialet did the upgrade from 400 - -> 440-Pro CI in 48-Hrs ... WOW !!  Hope they did their work properly  Rolleyes

Once I get it, any special recommendations as to setup ?
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
(26-Sep-2018, 18:17)audio_engr Wrote: Just got a mail from Judith that they've shipped back my upgraded 440-Pro CI back to me at DC in the US ... Should get it early next week .. Surprising that Devialet did the upgrade from 400 - -> 440-Pro CI in 48-Hrs ... WOW !!  Hope they did their work properly  Rolleyes

It probably takes far longer to open the boxes, get everything out and then box it back up again and do shipping labels, than it does to do the upgrade - unscrew, throw innards in bin, insert new and close. The polish is probably the longest part of the process. Smile

Very limited setup choice now - the latest non beta firmware is probably the most working, and using dhcp gives Spotify connect a chance of working if you want to use it. Just check firmware they have a tendency to send back without the latest (well they did when I got mine done).

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(26-Sep-2018, 18:42)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(26-Sep-2018, 18:17)audio_engr Wrote: Just got a mail from Judith that they've shipped back my upgraded 440-Pro CI back to me at DC in the US ... Should get it early next week .. Surprising that Devialet did the upgrade from 400 - -> 440-Pro CI in 48-Hrs ... WOW !!  Hope they did their work properly  Rolleyes

It probably takes far longer to open the boxes, get everything out and then box it back up again and do shipping labels, than it does to do the upgrade - unscrew, throw innards in bin, insert new and close. The polish is probably the longest part of the process. Smile

Very limited setup choice now - the latest non beta firmware is probably the most working, and using dhcp gives Spotify connect a chance of working if you want to use it. Just check firmware they have a tendency to send back without the latest (well they did when I got mine done).

Thank you .. I'll put the FW Check on my priority list ... Hope they'd sent me the SD cards ...
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
If I recall prior to getting the 440-Pro CI upgrade and my D being a 400, I used to use Roon Air for streaming directly from my Macbook Air to the D400 using Ethernet.

1. With the 440-Pro CI, does Roon Air still work ?
2. If not, then we'll have to revert to Devialet AIR v3.0.4 ?

On the time it takes to actually perform an upgrade: Devialet sent an engineer from their Hong Kong office to Australia to do the CI board upgrades for Australia. He travelled around the country doing the upgrades in various dealer premises. It took around half an hour to do a CI board upgrade. People were taking their amps in, waiting for the upgrade to be done, then taking their amps home in Brisbane. An upgrade from a 400 to a 440 Pro CI is a bit more complex than a CI board upgrade to a Pro amp but I wouldn't expect the actual upgrade to take all that long since they're set up to do them and they're doing them regularly. A large part of your 48 hour turnaround time was probably your amp sitting around while the person who did the upgrade was dealing with amps that arrived before yours.

(26-Sep-2018, 19:57)audio_engr Wrote: If I recall prior to getting the 440-Pro CI upgrade and my D being a 400, I used to use Roon Air for streaming directly from my Macbook Air to the D400 using Ethernet.

1. With the 440-Pro CI, does Roon Air still work ?
2. If not, then we'll have to revert to Devialet AIR v3.0.4 ?

Roon AIR works at least as well with the CI board as it did before, and maybe better,
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia