Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Invitation to send your PRO to Paris
And I as an Od'A owner am still waiting for the email.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(21-Oct-2017, 04:49)Pim van Vliet Wrote: And I as an Od'A owner am still waiting for the email.

Sorry to hear that, 
have your submitted the upgrade regiatration web page before?
any comment from your dealer?
nick.

Qobuz Sublime/Roon on Synology DS3617xs --> Od'A (#82) --> B&W 802D3
Roon --> Dante --> Devialet Opéra de Paris Gold Phantom (pro mode)
(21-Oct-2017, 04:56)nicknick Wrote:
(21-Oct-2017, 04:49)Pim van Vliet Wrote: And I as an Od'A owner am still waiting for the email.

Sorry to hear that, 
have your submitted the upgrade regiatration web page before?
any comment from your dealer?

I'm a bit more patient than that. It's not November yet and by the time I'll have organized to send my Od'A back I'll probably be back at work for 3 weeks. So I'm mentally prepared to read all about how great the new streamer board is long before I get mine.

I sure hope I'll be jealous for a few weeks. I'd rather be jealous than read about problems occurring.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Well here we are at page 15 of a thread intended only to track the invitations to return our amps for the OS board upgrade and subsequent process, and the process has yet to stutter into life. I too was interested in Greg's post, simply because of the fact that he as a recent Pro purchaser has received the email. Like many others, I have not. One thing I do know is that Devialet have my email address. I can use it to log onto Devialet's website, so Devialet have it somewhere. Indeed, I received an email from Devialet about two weeks ago regarding the 'Lost Recordings'. (surely an oxymoron, as they are now found recordings) I also received the 'Core Infinity' upgrade email back in July. It's perhaps worth noting that the more important emails come from Devialet 'customercare@devialet.com', whereas the mailshot type messages come from '[email protected]'. They key point is that I have emails from Devialet going back over four years now, but nothing from them so far in October regarding the OS board. So informed speculation from myself, I would presume that Devialet have been a little disorganised trying to send different emails to O'dA and Pro owners but not non Pro owners, and have made a mess of the whole process. Like Pim. I am pretty relaxed about this, I am not that bothered about being first in a queue that has not even started yet. I am sure Devialet will get everything sorted out eventually.

As for NickB's 'how this forum works' post, I suspect that a few of us have missed the humour in this post. OK, there is some truth in his post, but I have the pleasure of meeting Nick on a couple of occasions and I can advise that he does have a very quick but cutting wit which is great fun, although this may not always be obvious in written posts. I might be wrong, but I suspect he might be having a bit of a chuckle to himself over all of this, he is a big boy though and can speak for himself.

As a final thought from myself, without this forum I would not even had known the said email existed and I would have vastly less information and insight regarding the OS board. OK, there has been some misinformation along the way, but this is a public forum, not pear reviewed scientific publishing. Long may the mostly correct information and occasional rumour with some truth in it continue. It's all good.
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Next message from Devialet: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...tober-20th
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
(21-Oct-2017, 09:47)maxijazz Wrote: Next message from Devialet: https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...tober-20th

See, the info machine is running Big Grin
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Wohoo

What does this actually mean? AIR and its native ROON integration...
(21-Oct-2017, 10:11)Waiski Wrote: Wohoo

I asked. Let's see what the answer is. I really have no idea. All I can think of is that they may have forgotten to mention Roon initially so they decided to mention it this way.
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I see that we’ve still got the three dots and no information about what lies beyond. Huh
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(21-Oct-2017, 10:11)Waiski Wrote: Wohoo

Sounds like what already exists?

It doesn't sound like RAAT or being a Roon Ready endpoint.

Which sucks.