Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers
(28-Dec-2018, 02:43)Wdw Wrote: All,
Just had these delivered.  Only the Indigo as the Bronze are to released in January but have to say they are f#.king amazing...definition we had never expected, faster resolution of a strong musical line as in the stop and start of a instrument, better definition within complex musical lines, etc...I have posted here about the clear improvements offered by the AQ Z3 power chords but these little devices far exceed the improvement given by the power chords.  

Sigh. I hate it when Wdw posts things like this. Even though I'm not in the market for anything, I usually end up trying something he tries, and then, pitifully, I end up keeping it. If these are a bigger and better change than the AQ Z3 cord, well, I guess I may as well get out the VISA card now.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
@Damon , if you're looking for a cheaper alternative the following might be an option.  Although it doesn't look anywhere near as nice...

Yesterday I received my Od'A back from Paris and the shelf on my temporary rack wasn't wide enough. So I cut a larger piece of form ply and instead of screwing it on I glued it with 5 small dots of silicon. I put some temporary 4mm packers in between so it dried without sagging so now the top shelf is vibration controlled. All for the price of 5 small blobs of silicon.

I also have silicon feet under my Mac mini but that one took some 'preparation'. A few years back I used silicon to glue in some large timber windows in a steel frame. It took multiple tubes and I had a mate helping me. He handed me the new tubes and he put the old ones upside down in the box, with the nozzle removed. When a while ago all 12 tubes were finally used, I threw the box out. Since the box is cardboard and the tubes are not, I had to separate them. As I pulled the tubes out, there turned out to be a small perfectly cylindrical bit of silicon stuck to the box. It was the leftover bit in the screw part of the tube. I had 3 that I could use so I cut them to size and put them under the Mac. Again, cheap as chips but it does the job.

I have no idea whether it makes any difference in sound quality. I do know though, that the Od'A sounds incredible after upgrade and the Mac has a little more room to breathe and stay cool.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(28-Dec-2018, 23:21)Pim Wrote: @Damon , if you're looking for a cheaper alternative the following might be an option.  Although it doesn't look anywhere near as nice...

(28-Dec-2018, 21:21)Damon Wrote:
(28-Dec-2018, 02:43)Wdw Wrote: All,
Just had these delivered.  Only the Indigo as the Bronze are to released in January but have to say they are f#.king amazing...definition we had never expected, faster resolution of a strong musical line as in the stop and start of a instrument, better definition within complex musical lines, etc...I have posted here about the clear improvements offered by the AQ Z3 power chords but these little devices far exceed the improvement given by the power chords.  

Sigh. I hate it when Wdw posts things like this. Even though I'm not in the market for anything, I usually end up trying something he tries, and then, pitifully, I end up keeping it. If these are a bigger and better change than the AQ Z3 cord, well, I guess I may as well get out the VISA card now.

Ha !  Knew I'd get your attention.  Just our experience but we were positively surprised by these devices.  Quite surprising when considering the solid case work of the D's so I really thought we'd have to strain to determine if there were any positive effects but it was easily apparent.

Price point for the Indigo is $89 CAD / £54 / $65 USD and without the very cynical audiophile tiered pricing for upmarket units as per Nordost and others.  Well made and packaged.  On-line from Montreal with free shipping if you are considering the jump. The Bronze used for a single stack is priced at $59 CAD. I will be placing Bronze between the two units once they are available in the New Year.
@Wdw , That looks way better than silicon. Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(29-Dec-2018, 01:32)Wdw Wrote: Ha !  Knew I'd get your attention.  Just our experience but we were positively surprised by these devices.  Quite surprising when considering the solid case work of the D's so I really thought we'd have to strain to determine if there were any positive effects but it was easily apparent.

Price point for the Indigo is $89 CAD / £54 / $65 USD and without the very cynical audiophile tiered pricing for upmarket units as per Nordost and others.  Well made and packaged.  On-line from Montreal with free shipping if you are considering the jump.  The Bronze used for a single stack is priced at $59 CAD.  I will be placing Bronze between the two units once they are available in the New Year.

See, this is the problem I have. Because I've heard Wdw's system, and I know how it sounds (or did, pre-pucks and Z3 power cable), if he posts that he and the boss are both convinced by these items, I tend to accept that there is indeed an improvement. And there is no doubt that his system was already producing captivating music. The AQ Z3 cable was just the most recent example of this terrible, pernicious, highly-contagious condition.

OK, as I feared, I'm going to look into these magical mystery pucks and see how they will fit into my modern lifestyle. I am so, so weak.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
anyone get the bronze footers yet?
i'm contemplating getting the indigo for my power supply and bronze for my other components

funny thing is that most of us who are interested in this are all located in vancouver
Smile 
(08-Jan-2019, 20:25)honeymustardsteve Wrote: anyone get the bronze footers yet?
i'm contemplating getting the indigo for my power supply and bronze for my other components

funny thing is that most of us who are interested in this are all located in vancouver

Well, we do live in a high seismic zone... Smile      

To your query, I have just ordered three Bronze which were just released this week and to be shipped tomorrow the 9th.  
I ordered from Dan at Audio W3 based in Montreal.  Recommended for prompt service, free shipping and response to orders.
AudioW3
Let us know your impressions once to have them. I have ordered a set of Bordeaux to go under a stacked 250pros. Not sure if I can place a set between them since the surface area is not flat for 250pro.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
(09-Jan-2019, 01:42)sam1000 Wrote: Let us know your impressions once to have them. I have ordered a set of Bordeaux to go under a stacked 250pros. Not sure if I can place a set between them since the surface area is not flat for 250pro.

My impressions of the Indigo are posted further up in this thread.
Wondering if the Bordeaux may not be the ideal choice as they are intended for a heavier load....see below this email from Sean, technical support, at IsoAcoustics: Edit....I now see 1000 is a heavier set so the Bordeaux seems correct

I would suggest 3 of the OREA bronze between the stacked mono-blocks. You can position 2 in the back and 1 at the front in the middle.
I would recommend 3 of the Indigo for underneath the stack.