Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers
(04-Dec-2019, 17:41)audio_engr Wrote: met the Isoacoustics guys at the Capital Audio Fest 2019 (Nov 1-3) Washington DC and picked up OREA Graphite (3 pcs) with 33% discount for my Roon Nucleus. Made a nice SQ change for the better. Well worth the $$ spent.

WOW...the Graphite are news to me...thanks for the post.  
Have OREA under almost all of my gear, excepting my 100 pound Pass Labs amp
(it is sitting on a 19x18x1-3/4" edge grain Butcher Block Acoustic shelf and this is screwed to four IsoAcoustic Stage 1 amp footers)
GAIA under Wilsons Tune Tots.
Extraordinary company and line of products.
Now off to get three Graphite...for my ROON ROCK server (homebuilt)......dam it!!!!

Best to all for the New Year.
WDW (Devialet less)
I've gone back to using USB from my Surface Pro X. It won't even load the Devialet USB driver properly, but can do 24/192 via the generic driver. Very reliable. I miss using Roon for the convenience, and could always install it as a server on the Surface. Either way, keeping it copper with the 10ft Wireworld Chroma 8 buffering a carbon AQ USB-C tail sounds great. May try the Venoms. I'm wondering if doing some cable fidddling might help, but very happy with system as is—Evoke 10s on the matching stands filled with two types of kosher salt on GAIA IIIs, Ohno III SC, and the Dremel is coming out (on the unit not the plug) to make the Anticables Reference mains fit with the hood on. Expert Pro is on four of the big oreas. It does just fine. Will experiment with maybe a single puck under the NUC?

Speaking of vibration...what's the goal with outlets? I have an unusual setup right now that I'm liking, take a guess.

onejobaudio in Southern California /
Expert 140 Pro
(05-Dec-2019, 20:57)mdconnelly Wrote: You don't see the IsoAcoustics products discounted much so kudos to you, @audio_engr for swinging the 33% discount.  Discount for CAF attendees only?

Apologies for the late response ..

Yes, IsoAcoustics was running a promotion of their entire product lineup for CAF attendees. As for the Graphites x 3 under NUC or Roon Nucleus/+, I did ask them that the Server is very light but they insisted that use 3 x Graphites and it will bring forth a level of smoothness along with soundstage dimensionality and better portray of dynamics and indeed! I do observe it in my system.
Roon Nucleus w/ Hypsos PSU & AQ Tornado + Roon RAAT  >  AQ Diamond ETH > etherREGEN using SFP + Hypsos PSU | CEC TL-5 CD Transport + AQ Z3 + 3 x Orea Indigo > AQ Diamond AES/EBU 
Devialet 440-Pro CI >  AQ Wel Sig  RCA-XLR | 6 x Orea Bronze, 2 x Synergistic Research Atmosphere PC | B&W 802 D3 {Bi-wired}  >  AQ WEL Signature (Biwire)
REL G1-Mk2 pair | PS Audio PP 12 + AQ NRG-1000 | Puritan GroundMaster + RouteMaster | SAM DISABLED - DPM OFF - Northern Virginia - US
Hi i have a tip when it comes to IsoAucoustics!
I did see this ones on thoman.de for really nice price for a set of 8 pcs https://www.thomann.de/gb/isoacoustics_i...ni_set.htm
I did order them and they works really nice under my Devialet 1000 PRO I don't know if there is a big diffrens with the Oreas beside that the Oreas has a metal casing while this ones has casing of plastic! The best part is the price that is a fraction against the Oreas!
And I love how they keep my Devialet in place those I have quite heavy power cables that did make them move before!
Devialet 1000 PRO CI, Franco Serblin Ktema. Power Distribution Purist Audio Design AC Extension LE, Purist Audio Neptune speaker cable, Purist Audio Neptune Diamond power cable to Devialet, Purist Audio Aquila Digital Power Cord to Innuos Statement, Innuos PhoenixNET, Purist Audio Dominus digital For link between Devialet 1000 PRO. Purist Audio CAT 7, AVID - Sequel SP with SME 309 and Soundsmith - The Voice, IsoAcoustics Gaia II , Innuos Statement, Innuos PhoenixNET, Router with Ferrum Hypsos PSU.
(27-Jan-2020, 11:07)JFX Wrote: Hi i have a tip when it comes to IsoAucoustics!
I did see this ones on thoman.de for really nice price for a set of 8 pcs https://www.thomann.de/gb/isoacoustics_i...ni_set.htm
I did order them and they works really nice under my Devialet 1000 PRO I don't know if there is a big diffrens with the Oreas beside that the Oreas has a metal casing while this ones has casing of plastic! The best part is the price that is a fraction against the Oreas!
And I love how they keep my Devialet in place those I have quite heavy power cables that did make them move before!

according to the IsoAcoustic site, are the Oreas a better choice for this purpose.

I have placed the IsoAcoustics Gaia 3 under the devialet phantom branches and the result is outstanding.
There is only one patent for ALL IsoAcoustics products - both Hi-Fi and Pro-Audio.
https://pdfaiw.uspto.gov/.aiw?PageNum=0&...vid%252522

They obviosly had a great proven product with OK price for Pro-Audio purpose and they have seen an opportunity to make some more money from Hi-Fi crowd who is willing to pay a shiny package Smile

Is Orea better - maybe. But I'm pretty sure that Pro-Audio products including ISO-Pucks are very close - they made a name for themselves with Pro-Audio pruducts.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

(27-Jan-2020, 11:07)JFX Wrote: Hi i have a tip when it comes to IsoAucoustics!

Thanks for the tip, JFX. I ordered a set of these from Thoman because, as you say, at that price they are a steal. I popped them under my Od’A and at first I thought Wow! - that has really widened the soundstage.  However, once I sat down and started listening, I was pretty horrified at the result. I couldn’t believe what a difference they made, and not for the better. Then I realised that I had connected one set of speaker cables bass-ackwards, and I was out-of-phase.  Confused  Once I had fixed that, everything was fine once again, and I have convinced myself that there is indeed a small improvement   For the money spent, I am well pleased, so thanks again for the heads-up.
NUC i5/ROCK/Roon Lifetime =>  Original d'Atelier CoreInfinity #066 => Transparent MusicWave+ =>Wilson Sophia 3
Hi, I have been using the Orea"s for a while now. I have them under my 440's but not direct. Instead they are placed under a wooden shelf for each amp with the devialets then placed on top. Same for my turntable. I found going backwards and forwards that it could sound a bit hard direct under the amps. However, I also think the combination of upgraded cables to the AQ Z3 cables with the isoacoustics contributed to a harder sound in my system. My SF Olympica 3s also have the isoacoutics feet on too with good effect. All sounds fantastic now.
Roksan TMS3 - Vertere arm and motor drive - Dynavector XV1 - Devialet 440 pro - AQ NRG Z3 power cables - Sonictransport i5 - AQ Diamond - etherRegen - isoacoustic Oreas -  Sonus Faber Olympica 3s
I tried to build some DIY isolation platforms for my D440ProCI.
Ended up with:
three BDR cones under
two large floor tiles welded together with silicon sealant under
a thick and heavy rubber pad under
an MDF sheet epoxied to a carbon fibre veneer sheet under
3 IsoAcoustic Orea Bronze under
each Dev Expert Pro 440CI.
My idea was to have a stack of materials with vast impedance mismatch to minimise vibration transfer.
The result? Sonically, not much better, maybe no better, than IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze alone. I did some tests with an iPhone vibration meter- not calibrated but it gave the impression that the whole stack wasn't doing much. I was surprised by these two findings.
Then, just because they were literally lying on the floor next to the amps, I tried four IsoAcoustics Puck MiniMonitor Isolation pads, one under each of the Devialets' feet, replacing the 3 Orea Bronze which had been under the amps in a triangle configuration..
And suddenly, everything improved again- spaciousness, holography, separation.
So now I need to buy two more Orea Bronze to make four under each amp, to see if that is a further step up.
Very surprising, but if you have both Orea Bronze and Mini pucks I urge you to try them to see what you think.
Happy listening!
Kind regards,
David.
Shy
Currently: MacMini with Tidal, Qobuz Roon via RAAT / Cat7 Ethernet cable / Devialet 1000 Expert Pro CI (the BIG dogs!)/ Analysis Plus Oval 9 cable / Hyperion Audio 968 / Cheap cable to homemade, 12 inch powered subwoofers.
(09-Jan-2021, 02:40)ICUDoc Wrote: I tried to build some DIY isolation platforms for my D440ProCI.
Ended up with:
three BDR cones under
two large floor tiles welded together with silicon sealant under
a thick and heavy rubber pad under
an MDF sheet epoxied to a carbon fibre veneer sheet under
3 IsoAcoustic Orea Bronze under
each Dev Expert Pro 440CI.
My idea was to have a stack of materials with vast impedance mismatch to minimise vibration transfer.
The result? Sonically, not much better, maybe no better, than IsoAcoustics Orea Bronze alone. I did some tests with an iPhone vibration meter- not calibrated but it gave the impression that the whole stack wasn't doing much. I was surprised by these two findings.
Then, just because they were literally lying on the floor next to the amps, I tried four IsoAcoustics Puck MiniMonitor Isolation pads, one under each of the Devialets' feet, replacing the 3 Orea Bronze which had been under the amps in a triangle configuration..
And suddenly, everything improved again- spaciousness, holography, separation.
So now I need to buy two more Orea Bronze to make four under each amp, to see if that is a further step up.
Very surprising, but if you have both Orea Bronze and Mini pucks I urge you to try them to see what you think.
Happy listening!

That is interesting.   I'm currently using 3 Orea Bronze under each Expert Pro in my 440, but now you've got me wondering about how well isolated the 4 Expert Pro feet may be and how that might be the place to put the Bronze.    Please keep us posted on your findings.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA