Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
IsoAcoustics OREA isolation footers
(04-Mar-2019, 03:49)ICUDoc Wrote: With the new Oreas in my system, I am STILL noticing a big improvement.

(27-Mar-2019, 23:37)audio_engr Wrote: Trust me, in some more time as things settle in, you'll only discover 'good things' the OREAs are doing to your 250 ...

Friends, a quick question and follow up on the points quoted above. A few weeks ago, I bought three bronze footers and put them under my amp, with no other changes. Then, last weekend, I spent some time going through cords and things, removing every add-on, and then adding items one by one, and at one point put the footers in again. I also believe that I noticed changes and improvements similar to those described by others in this thread.

It seemed to me also that the sound 'settled' in after a day or two after the footers were put in place. Almost as if they adjust or get squished to the right point in supporting the amp. A minor change, but I noticed it both times after installing the footers.

Am I describing this in a way that seems familiar to others? Did/ do others feel that the effect of the footers improved with a bit of time with them in place? Isolation puck burn in? Compression coefficient? Crikey, I hope not. But they do make a nice difference even on a system at the level of mine. 

The degree of change in my system was modest, but noticeable and positive. My electronics are on wall-mounted shelves, and the speakers are bottom-ported, so the vibration circle in my room may be a factor in the impact the footers have.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
I had a 3 Orea Bordeaux footer under my stacked 250Pros for a while. When I placed them for the first time. I did not notice much of a difference, but I kept it under the stacked set.
Then I ordered Gaia-I feet for my speakers along with 4 Orea Indigo footers. I immediately wanted to place the Gaia's under my speakers when I got them yesterday, but the kit did not include M6 sized bolts. Gaia-I includes M12, M8 and 1/4-20 thread sizes, whereas Gaia-II include M6 and few other sizes. I called IsoAcoustics and they told me that the distributor would ship M6 bolt to me shortly. I was a little dis-appointed because my excitement was doused by another long wait.
After 30 minutes, I realized that I also have 4 Indigo footers in the box. I placed 3 of them between my stacked 250pro. I thought 4 would not have loaded them properly according to the chart.

What a marked improvement in separation and I thought music sounded a lot relaxed but with lot of details!!!

This could be psycho-acoustics, but I played at least 10 songs back to back, because I was enjoying the sound so much.
Which makes me think that the Bordeaux might not have loaded properly for a stacked 250pros? Anyways, these things are worth trying. I ordered 4 more Bronze footers for my other component and have to wait for the dealer to stock up. The dealer said that they are flying off the shelf. Now I understand why.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
(12-Apr-2019, 00:04)sam1000 Wrote: What a marked improvement in separation and I thought music sounded a lot relaxed but with lot of details!!!

This could be psycho-acoustics, but I played at least 10 songs back to back, because I was enjoying the sound so much.
Which makes me think that the Bordeaux might not have loaded properly for a stacked 250pros? Anyways, these things are worth trying. I ordered 4 more Bronze footers for my other component and have to wait for the dealer to stock up. The dealer said that they are flying off the shelf. Now I understand why.

Nice, thanks! It does appears that others have had an experience similar to mine; that once the isolation pucks 'settle', that the sonic improvement increases from the time of first install.

And a bummer about having to wait for the correct bolts. M6 seems like a pretty common size for speaker foot threads.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(12-Apr-2019, 00:33)Damon Wrote:
(12-Apr-2019, 00:04)sam1000 Wrote: What a marked improvement in separation and I thought music sounded a lot relaxed but with lot of details!!!  

Which makes me think that the Bordeaux might not have loaded properly for a stacked 250pros? Anyways, these things are worth trying.  I  ordered 4 more Bronze footers for my other component and have to wait for the dealer to stock up. The dealer said that they are flying off the shelf. Now I understand why.

Nice, thanks! It does appears that others have had an experience similar to mine; that once the isolation pucks 'settle', that the sonic improvement increases from the time of first install.

And a bummer about having to wait for the correct bolts. M6 seems like a pretty common size for speaker foot threads.

I've had so much change in my system in the past three months, it's hard to tell what's doing what, but I can say that the four Bordeaux at the corners are doing the trick;  the body of the Devialet remains absolutely inert to the touch, even at high volume, the sound is for the most part holographic, and just "right" - the Alpha SC overall has been the most profound change, not to get too far off topic - but any minor peeves I had, the veiled highs, bass bloom - it's just gone.  I think the Bordeaux centered under the feet of the unit are a great fit.
(12-Apr-2019, 00:33)Damon Wrote:

Which makes me think that the Bordeaux might not have loaded properly for a stacked 250pros? Anyways, these things are worth trying.  I  ordered 4 more Bronze footers for my other component and have to wait for the dealer to stock up. The dealer said that they are flying off the shelf. Now I understand why.

I've had so much change in my system in the past three months, it's hard to tell what's doing what, but I can say that the four Bordeaux at the corners are doing the trick;  the body of the Devialet remains absolutely inert to the touch, even at high volume, the sound is for the most part holographic, and just "right" - the Alpha SC overall has been the most profound change, not to get too far off topic - but any minor peeves I had, the veiled highs, bass bloom - it's just gone.  I think the Bordeaux centered under the feet of the unit are a great fit.
I'm on my third day with 3 Orea bronze's under each of my 440 Pro sitting on a Hutter Rack. I agree with all the feedback given so far but two things in particular stand out for me. First how natural and engaging the music is. The other, and a totally unexpected outcome, is how they have improved the sound of my turntable, just so much more presence and a more tuneful bass. Anyone else found this? Considering trying the GAIA under the Olympica's ii's later in the year.
(12-Apr-2019, 15:40)NickTMS Wrote: I'm on my third day with 3 Orea bronze's under each of my 440 Pro sitting on a Hutter Rack. I agree with all the feedback given so far but two things in particular stand out for me. First how natural and engaging the music is. The other, and a totally unexpected outcome, is how they have improved the sound of my turntable, just so much more presence and a more tuneful bass. Anyone else found this? Considering trying the GAIA under the Olympica's ii's later in the year.

Sorry that this is a bit off topic but...I’d be interested in your results if you try Gaias under your Olympica lls.  I thought the reason that the Olympicas were tilted back was to time align the speaker units. Fitting Gaias would eliminate any back tilt and I’m wondering if this will impact sound quality/imaging.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
Hi, There is a calculator on the IsoAcoustics web site that advises which GAIA's are best suited for your speakers. For the Olympica's you need standard sizes for the back and longer threaded GAIA's for the front. Here's the link
http://www.isoacoustics.com/calculator/#/step2
(13-Apr-2019, 05:42)NickTMS Wrote: Hi, There is a calculator on the IsoAcoustics web site that advises which GAIA's are best suited for your speakers. For the Olympica's you need standard sizes for the back and longer threaded GAIA's for the front. Here's the link  
http://www.isoacoustics.com/calculator/#/step2

Because the spike mounting plate on the bottom of the Olympicas is parallel to the base of the speaker, if you try to tilt the speaker, the Gaias won’t sit flat on the floor, unless they are articulated in some way.
The thread of the Gaias doesn’t appear to be articulated, but is the bottom pad that connects with the floor?
Edit: Good news! I’ve just looked at a video by Streaky, on the Isoacoustics site, and the bottom pad is indeed articulated which means that you can preserve the back tilt of the Olympicas. There is also another very persuasive demo on the same site. I could hear the difference just listening on my iPad.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(12-Apr-2019, 15:40)NickTMS Wrote: I'm on my third day with 3 Orea bronze's under each of my 440 Pro sitting on a Hutter Rack. I agree with all the feedback given so far but two things in particular stand out for me. First how natural and engaging the music is. The other, and a totally unexpected outcome, is how they have improved the sound of my turntable, just so much more presence and a more tuneful bass. Anyone else found this? Considering trying the GAIA under the Olympica's ii's later in the year.

They are amazing.  Equally refreshing is their accessible pricing rather than the Ted Denney price points...