Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Last Fault A 4098 OVER VOLTAGE
(12-Feb-2019, 17:37)AlexS Wrote: @David A, thank you for your advice. So, it sounds like, when using an isolation transformer, it's a good idea to "over-provision" wattage (that is, buy a device with more generous wattage specs).
Regarding trying other type of filters, I did and the following power conditioner did not help me much:
https://www.amazon.com/Furman-AC-215A-Co...127&sr=8-4
I can't bring myself to spending $5000 on a power regenerator.

Alex, are you still getting the voltage problem on the latest firmware?

Whilst raising another case with them I noticed I raised this over 2 years ago with them.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(13-Mar-2019, 17:46)Soniclife Wrote:
(12-Feb-2019, 17:37)AlexS Wrote: @David A, thank you for your advice. So, it sounds like, when using an isolation transformer, it's a good idea to "over-provision" wattage (that is, buy a device with more generous wattage specs).
Regarding trying other type of filters, I did and the following power conditioner did not help me much:
https://www.amazon.com/Furman-AC-215A-Co...127&sr=8-4
I can't bring myself to spending $5000 on a power regenerator.

Alex, are you still getting the voltage problem on the latest firmware?

Whilst raising another case with them I noticed I raised this over 2 years ago with them.

I can not speak for Alex, or others, but luckily I have so far not experienced the over voltage problem on the latest firmware. I cross my fingers...
Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Bryston BCD-3 , Roon, Technics SL 1500C, PMC Twenty5.24. Isotek, Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital, Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro
@Soniclife and @haber, so far so good with the latest FW. But since I was getting the fault rather infrequently (except in the summer), it's too soon to tell.
@haber, were you getting it frequently enough (with the older FW) for the fact that you've not been getting it with the latest FW to have any significance?
I wish Devialet had been more transparent with their FW release notes.
JRiver MC20 --> Devialet 250 Expert Pro --> KEF Blades II
@AlexS , No, I can't say for sure. However, I bought my Expert Pro 220 CI in December 2018. From then until the update in mid-February this year, I experienced this error 6 times I think. After the update I have not experienced it for a single time so far, fortunately. And lately I have used the amplifier a lot. Hope it stays stable now. And... I also hope that I don`t jinx this now ;-)
Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Bryston BCD-3 , Roon, Technics SL 1500C, PMC Twenty5.24. Isotek, Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital, Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro
That sounds promising. I've not had it since the recent firmware, but wasn't getting it often before.
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution