Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of useful functions to be added.
Hi,
We all know there is a lot still to be added in future software releases but listing somewhere what we want to see might be a good idea (as the PRODUCT TEAM is reading...Smile. I mean, apart the big things (surround, Spotify connect, airplay, etc ) there are lots of useful things:

Personally i would like to have:

- a max volume limit set (as most of the AV receivers have). Either with password or simply in some submenus.

- a power off or stand by software key to reduce consumption/heat. I measured that the standby consumption of 2 silver 1 dialog is slightly more that 20 watts @ 240w 50z (UK) . Far too much (i guess there are UE standards on stand by wattage) and they generate heat when not playing.

More to come.
And please add!

!!!!!! Please all lets try to stick in software based kind-of-easy to implement functions/options. Something to include in the next update.... Not in the next model Smile Thanks!
The best thing would be able to mute/control the volume by touching the Phantom!
and not have to go looking for you iphone, ipad, computer when needed
I would like an equalizer with a way to store different curves.
And the possibility to easily change my curent curve with an other one I stored.
Great idea. 

I really like what the developers have done so far, but hey, there is always room for improvement. Here is a list of things that come to my mind first:

Software iOS:
-faster reconnection to network (especially for volume control)
-source renaming
Phantom Remote App iOS
-"real" source and devices selector (Spark, Devices etc) in addition to the link to the Spark App
Spark iOS:
-Playlist editing (touch & move, reorder)
-permanently visible Volume control from first screen before the music plays. Sometimes when switching from optical to Streaming it keeps the same volume which could be a problem as most times the optical sources deliver a "lower" signal then Dialog sources (Streaming, HD).

WatchOS
An additional nice feature for the iOS Remote App would be Apple Watch integration. Would be nice to remote control the basic functions of Phantom (Volume, Play/Pause, Skip Forward, Skip Back, Source and Device select).

Remote Control (Physical):
I haven't seen it yet, but it should provide (with visible feedback):
-Volume control
-Source switching
-Skip Forward, Skip Back, Play, Pause

Remote Control (Generic)
- Would love to be able to remote control the basic functions of the Phantom Remote App via Bluetooth with a Harmony Smart Remote. I don't know though if this would be technically feasible.

Spark App (Desktop, OSX)
! API for other software and compatibility to Mac OS X MIDI Plug Ins. I would love to use Roon and connect directly to Spark/Dialog using the Dialog distribution system as backend, but Roon or any other App etc. as frontend. Roon should be able to choose Spark from OS X as an output device and should be able to control the Phantom volume directly.
- Maybe an input adjustment for the level would also be useful, e.g. for Optical and Bluetooth +/- XY db. Both are from my experience (much) lower than Streaming or HD from Dialog.
- Grouping of playlist songs to be able to move/delete them

Innuos Zen Mini MK3 -> (Ethernet / Audioquest Optical) -> Dialog & 2x White Phantom
Pro-Ject Carbon Debut Esprit Turntable with Ortofon Red -> (Cinch/RCA) Musical Fidelity Merlin -> (AudioQuest Optical) to Phantom
Master & Dynamics MH40, Audeze Sine, AudioQuest Dragonfly Red; Remote Control via macOS and iOS devices (Devialet App / Innuos Sense /iPeng / Audirvāna Studio)
Are you sure the Product team is reading?

Here are some of my requests/ideas:
-Show in Spark the clock, bit depth and bit rate of the signal being sent to the Phantoms.
-Being able to apply RIAA correction like the Expert line does. This way we could rip our vinyls directly to digital without having to use a pre-amplifier for correcting the signal.
-Being able to operate the whole 24 Phantoms without using Dialog, in case we would prefer to have the Phantoms connected using ethernet cables, which have much higher bandwidth than wireless.
-Being able to use Spark as a sound device in Windows (like if it was a soundcard), so that we could route all software playback channels for each Phantom we have, including respective mixing. This way we could set up our home cinema ourselves.
Great points above.
One function that I would like would be to link the clock/ alarm to the spark, so as to get the phantoms singing at a preset time. Would be ideal for a whole house audio set up that I am presently looking at setting up.
(19-Oct-2015, 23:16)yesgrey Wrote: Are you sure the Product team is reading?

Here are some of my requests/ideas:
-Show in Spark the clock, bit depth and bit rate of the signal being sent to the Phantoms.
-Being able to apply RIAA correction like the Expert line does. This way we could rip our vinyls directly to digital without having to use a pre-amplifier for correcting the signal.
-Being able to operate the whole 24 Phantoms without using Dialog, in case we would prefer to have the Phantoms connected using ethernet cables, which have much higher bandwidth than wireless.
-Being able to use Spark as a sound device in Windows (like if it was a soundcard), so that we could route all software playback channels for each Phantom we have, including respective mixing. This way we could set up our home cinema ourselves.

Of course they are.
Room Correction. 

If not that, then EQ. 

Even better, both.
Improve input options on dialog: usb audio, and maybe even rca? I could live with a slightly larger form factor to accommodate this convenience

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would like Spark to get a iTunes plugin, which where it can "see" all my iTunes music including playlists.

I have more than 3000 playlists in iTunes. I can´t manually add one by one song to all these playlists. Just make Spark able to see all iTunes music.