Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 3.25 Average
MELCO
(17-Sep-2020, 09:27)philoouu Wrote: And the sound ? Any difference versus direct play without Roon?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far, nothing negative was noticed in the sound! Only runs about 4 hours!
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
Basically same good Melco Sound with Roon GUI? That is nice

PS Audio P3 - Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI - Tanagra Audio Iris - Micromega CD-30 - Roon - Mac Mini - Entreq Silver Minimus Apollo Eartha RCA - Shunyata Omega Ethernet - Dela S100/OP-S100
(17-Sep-2020, 09:51)philoouu Wrote: Basically same good Melco Sound with Roon GUI? That is nice

If I notice anything negative, I will report! Wink
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Germany / Bavaria
I read that owners can upgrade their non-EX. Any idea how it’s done? And the cost and downtime?
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(21-Sep-2020, 11:55)tategoi Wrote: I read that owners can upgrade their non-EX. Any idea how it’s done? And the cost and downtime?

Hi, Tategoi
here briefly summarized!

Upgrade your existing Melco to EX status

Anyone with a mk1 or mk2 Melco (any model) can have their machine upgraded to EX specification to take advantage of the Melco Intelligent Music Library.

The final software release for mk1 and mk2 machines is 3.92 in terms of features and functionality – new releases to fix bugs will occur periodically. The EX update is one which must by done by Melco themselves as it requires the hard drives inside the machine to be repartitioned and this cannot be done by the end user. The EX update will give you access to all future updates, it is not just about adding Minimserver 2, SongKong and Internet Radio!

It is vital that your perform a back up of your Melco before you send it away as it will get reformatted during the update process.

If you have mk1 Melco (N1A, N1ZH, N1ZS or N1ZS Anniversary) the upgrade price is £500 including VAT and shipping.

If you have mk2 Melco (N1A, N1ZH or N1ZS) purchased before 1st of June 2019 the upgrade price is £250.00, anyone who bought a mk2 machine after the 1st of June 2019 it is £95.00.

Prior to current events the turnaround time on the update process has been around 10-14 days, there will obviously be a pause in the updates being carried out, but they will start up again just as soon as they are able to.

Part exchange is welcome as well. If you have a mk1 machine it does not have the dedicated DAC port thatwas introduced on the mk2 models – this dedicated port makes quite a difference in terms of sound quality. The original N1A uses 2 x 2 TB hard drives so you moving to any N1 EX or N10 EX will get you a storage upgrade as well.

https://www.audiotherapyuk.com/2020/03/2...ng-owners/
Germany / Bavaria
Thanks K4680. This looks like an affordable upgrade. Currently I prefer LAN to USB when it comes to connection with my Devialet. But if they are as good on EX then there’s no harm doing this upgrade.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(21-Sep-2020, 16:37)K4680 Wrote:
(21-Sep-2020, 11:55)tategoi Wrote: I read that owners can upgrade their non-EX. Any idea how it’s done? And the cost and downtime?

Hi, Tategoi
here briefly summarized!

Anyone with a mk1 or mk2 Melco (any model) can have their machine upgraded to EX specification to take advantage of the Melco Intelligent Music Library.

The final software release for mk1 and mk2 machines is 3.92 in terms of features and functionality – new releases to fix bugs will occur periodically. The EX update is one which must by done by Melco themselves as it requires the hard drives inside the machine to be repartitioned and this cannot be done by the end user. The EX update will give you access to all future updates, it is not just about adding Minimserver 2, SongKong and Internet Radio!

It is vital that your perform a back up of your Melco before you send it away as it will get reformatted during the update process.

If you have mk1 Melco (N1A, N1ZH, N1ZS or N1ZS Anniversary) the upgrade price is £500 including VAT and shipping.

If you have mk2 Melco (N1A, N1ZH or N1ZS) purchased before 1st of June 2019 the upgrade price is £250.00, anyone who bought a mk2 machine after the 1st of June 2019 it is £95.00.

Prior to current events the turnaround time on the update process has been around 10-14 days, there will obviously be a pause in the updates being carried out, but they will start up again just as soon as they are able to.

Part exchange is welcome as well. If you have a mk1 machine it does not have the dedicated DAC port thatwas introduced on the mk2 models – this dedicated port makes quite a difference in terms of sound quality. The original N1A uses 2 x 2 TB hard drives so you moving to any N1 EX or N10 EX will get you a storage upgrade as well.

Hi, is there any hardware difference between the N1A Mk1/2 vs the N1A EX? If so, upgrading from mk1 the £500 will include both software and hardware making it basically a N1A EX? Thanks

(27-Sep-2020, 21:31)Supra Wrote:
(21-Sep-2020, 16:37)K4680 Wrote:

Hi, Tategoi
here briefly summarized!

Hi, is there any hardware difference between the N1A Mk1/2 vs the N1A EX? If so, upgrading from mk1 the £500 will include both software and hardware making it basically a N1A EX? Thanks

Hi Supra, at a dealer demo (2019 oct.) from Melco, I can remember that a participant asked exactly the same thing, and the Melco representative replied that changes were being made to the motherboard and the Melco operating program is reinstalled!!
Germany / Bavaria
(28-Sep-2020, 13:57)K4680 Wrote: Hi Supra, at a dealer demo (2019 oct.) from Melco, I can remember that a participant asked exactly the same thing, and the Melco representative replied that changes were being made to the motherboard and the Melco operating program is reinstalled!!

Thanks, I also noticed from the inside pictures the boards are slightly different.

Also read from previous post the dedicate USB port on N1A/2 is much better than N1A/1? any difference from the LAN port? can you actually connect the LAN port to Devialet LAN port for streaming?
(30-Sep-2020, 21:41)Supra Wrote:
(28-Sep-2020, 13:57)K4680 Wrote: Hi Supra, at a dealer demo (2019 oct.) from Melco, I can remember that a participant asked exactly the same thing, and the Melco representative replied that changes were being made to the motherboard and the Melco operating program is reinstalled!!

Thanks, I also noticed from the inside pictures the boards are slightly different.

Also read from previous post the dedicate USB port on N1A/2 is much better than N1A/1? any difference from the LAN port? can you actually connect the LAN port to Devialet LAN port for streaming?

Hi Supra, if you use the Melco as a Roon endpoint, you can only stream to a DAC or the Devialet via the USB (DAC output)! Wink
„ While MELCO is working as Roon Ready USB transport, MELCO won’t accept any playback requests from UPnP AV/OpenHome Controller App“
Germany / Bavaria