Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Master/Slave Link Summary
(26-Jun-2016, 09:49)kerkhoffd Wrote: I had the same problem, and AudioQuest generously swapped my cable for a new one. This remedied the problem. Don't know what caused the problem, but the problem has been gone ever since. I did ask AudioQuest to swap my 0,75m to a 1 meter cable.

So I got a reply from AudioQuest and this was their response:

"Although I’ve not heard of any issues with our digital cables on Devialet equipment, I have heard of one issue re: an analog cable, and the cause was something that Devialet do differently to everyone else.  Unfortunately this was some time ago and I don’t recall what the cause was.  We would recommend contacting Devialet or their US distributor.  It might be possible to re-terminate the cable to suit the 400.  If so, we would do this for you at no charge.

We have never had any issues with our digital cables on anyone else’s equipment."
My 0.5m Eagle Eye (with DBS) between my D400 plays 24/192 perfectly, while my Mad Scientist HDC (no DBS) won't play anything above CD quality (too much electrical resistance apparently).
So it seems that Audioquest is aware of the problem, and might be coming up with some solutions in the future. The DBS issue seems to only plague certain DAC chips and apparently Devialet is one of them. The retailer I bought my cable from is going to get the cable re-terminated by Audioquest all free of charge. Just a little plug for them, i buy all my cables from futureshop.co.uk these guys are absolutely fantastic and really make sure the customer is happy.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
Just received my Audioquest Diamond (custom Rca to Aes/Ebu) no problems with dropouts playing hiRes files at all.
Amp / Dac: Devialet 400 = Speakers: Audio Physic Cadeas + VCF V Magnetic Source: Naim NDX - TeddyXps - Naim Unitiserve - Teddy Pardo PSU = Speakercables: Audioquest Redwood = Dig. Interlink: Audioquest Diamond (Bnc - Rca) = Master / Companion link: Audioquest Diamond (RCA - Aes/Ebu) = Ethernet: Audioquest Diamond RJ/E = Powercords: Shunyata Black Mamba VX, Black Mamba VX HC, Shunyata Viper Ztron 

The Netherlands

Going to request Audioquest for a RCA-AES termination. Hopefully they might be able to figure out the DBS problem also. It's reassuring to see that most people don't have a problem with the Audioquest Diamond coax and Devialet.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
So I is better than audioprana ?
Where do you order it with this specific termination ? And what about the converter 75ohm to 100 ?? Is it in the audioquest ?
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
(02-Jul-2016, 08:26)jfp Wrote: So I is better than audioprana ?
Where do you order it with this specific termination ? And what about the converter 75ohm to 100 ?? Is it in the audioquest ?

Do you really need a converter 75 to 110 Ohm? I have a Cabledyne RCA-XLR without converter and that works really well. I asked Devialet and they say the XLR input is transformer coupled so no need for a converter on the cable.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

(02-Jul-2016, 09:52)octaviars Wrote:
(02-Jul-2016, 08:26)jfp Wrote: So I is better than audioprana ?

Do you really need a converter 75 to 110 Ohm? I have a Cabledyne RCA-XLR without converter and that works really well. I asked Devialet and they say the XLR input is transformer coupled so no need for a converter on the cable.

+1
Amp / Dac: Devialet 400 = Speakers: Audio Physic Cadeas + VCF V Magnetic Source: Naim NDX - TeddyXps - Naim Unitiserve - Teddy Pardo PSU = Speakercables: Audioquest Redwood = Dig. Interlink: Audioquest Diamond (Bnc - Rca) = Master / Companion link: Audioquest Diamond (RCA - Aes/Ebu) = Ethernet: Audioquest Diamond RJ/E = Powercords: Shunyata Black Mamba VX, Black Mamba VX HC, Shunyata Viper Ztron 

The Netherlands

There are technical forums about technology and I asked to audiophonics a French seller website with serious knowledge and products which advise about a regular impedance all along the line. If a converter is not necessary why is there one in a the audioprana one ?

Read this : http://petoindominique.fr/php/cablenum.php
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
(02-Jul-2016, 17:48)jfp Wrote: There are technical forums about technology and I asked to  audiophonics a French seller website with serious knowledge and products which advise about a regular impedance all along the line. If a converter is not necessary why is there one in a the audioprana one ?

Read this : http://petoindominique.fr/php/cablenum.php

I can only tell you what the answer was from Devialet that it was not needed to have a 75 to 110 Ohm transformer in the cable (this can be wrong so dont feel like I am defending Devialet about this I just followd their answer) I also have a friend who tested a cable with a Neutrik adaptor with transformer built in and it made no differense to the sound according to him, he also bought a Cabledyne RCA to XLR cable after this test.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree