Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Master/Slave Link Summary
And don't you think that the trouble with some files not able to be read (192/24 as mentioned) is due to electrical tension and impedance because of this 75/100 difference ?
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
(03-Jul-2016, 08:54)jfp Wrote: And don't you think that the trouble with some files not able to be read (192/24 as mentioned) is due to electrical tension and impedance because of this 75/100 difference ?

As I can only speak of my system it plays any files that it is capable of without any problem and always have with the RCA to XLR cable that I have from Cabledyne.

I cant find the answer from Devialet about the XLR input but they described how it was connected inside and why it worked without the transformer.

There is a 36 page thread about this here on the forum and the answer can be in there somewere Smile
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

I order a Canare specific custom one to test. Will let you know the result. Thanks for your feedback.
I had the Chord Epic digital coax cable as Master/Slave link and found it to be spectacular. It worked very well with my AudioQuest Vodka Cat7 cable. I have a 24/192 and LP recording of Tea for the Tillerman. I have played the LP many times but could never pinpoint the original source material (analogue or digital). Played the 24/192 and could not believe that I could hear that the recording was sourced straight from an analogue master tape. Essentially the 24/192 sounded more analogue than the LP. Also the 24/192 recording sounded like a 70's recording devoid of any digital manipulation. The recording not only conveyed the musical detail but also the environment it was recorded in. It was a crazy experience. I recently got rid of the Chord Epic and have regretted it since, thankfully its only £400 so its not an irreversible decision.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
Which adapted plug on this Chord ?
It was an RCA-RCA.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
Mad Scientist said that the problem with their cable not playing high-res was from too high electrical resistance.
SOMMERCABLE CARBOKAB 225 Câble AES/EBU 110 Ohm blindé OFC 2x0.25mm² Ø 7.6mm
ELECAUDIO RC-901 RCA Rouge Isolé PTFE Ø 9.2mm
FURUTECH FP-701M (G) Connecteur XLR Mâle Plaqué Or Ø 9mm

this is the cable ordered for 28,80 euros.
If it sounds better than your 300€ and more cables you will be devastated Smile
Trying look for your recommendations. Not good with soldering, can you recommend a retailer that would make the cable. Thanks.
I will get the cable by Monday. Order from here http://www.audiophonics.fr