Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My thoughts on Devialet
(02-Apr-2020, 15:14)mdconnelly Wrote: @griffithstrife - as others have stated, some of your claims seem exaggerated and unsubstantiated and some of it may strike a nerve because we feel that the very best aspect of our Devialet gear is the sound quality.    Hey, criticize Devialet's business strategy, poor communication, agonizingly slow response to bugs, etc.... and we're all right there with you.  Despite the clear weaknesses with Devialet, we are all still here because we love how it plays music.

Please note... your words "But I am an insane liar for pointing any of it out" are your chosen words, not from anyone here.  IMHO, the constructive responses you have received are warranted based on what you've posted and how you've expressed it.  Agree or disagree, we're all here because this is a hobby we greatly enjoy.  Please don't take any of it personally. 

I wish you the best of luck in your search for audio gear that works best for you.
You are fighting against reality i refuse to engage alternative facts.

More than a few people called me a liar, more than a few people called my "actions" whatever that means. Being in bad faith, several people asked for the post to be deleted.

I I said a 220 is 5k amp why because thats what they go for on audiogon.com. and here on this forum.

I said its shitty to allow that, and allow dealers to sell Devialet has a brand that locks down their gear.

My main point was its one thing to compare 12k msrp and a gray market that brings it to 5k

But a 35k, 50k if you convert the euro price is going for 12k to 15k.

That to me is absurd especially when you factor the sound difference is not value wise.

Any other brand that percentage of msrp would come huge gains.

With devialet you get the older, uglier body and a lot of made of watts.

Sorry but it is what it is. And yes i put the 1000 up there with a lot of 20k amps but i wouls put the 220 and 440

But not against D'agostino, not against Gryphon not against any of the real big dogs.

But it makes Mcintosh look like a joke.
(02-Apr-2020, 00:49)Saint0 Wrote: Roon and the Roon Ready D250 PRO is a great combination, the only feature missing is MQA support for Tidal.
Roon supports MQA, doesn’t it? But the signal going to the Dev is essentially converted to 192kHz PCM. Or were you referring to streaming Tidal from your iOS/Android device through the Devialet Expert Remote app doesn’t support MQA?

(02-Apr-2020, 00:49)Saint0 Wrote: It's unfortunate that majority of today's consumers prefer headphones, wireless speakers and soundbars.
This is why the Phantoms have sold well compared to the Expert series. The newer generation don’t want to fiddle with multiple components to get high fidelity sound. Instant (mostly) gratification via plug and play while we mess around infinitely with speaker/amp/cable/source/accessory combinations til we are 10 feet underground. But that is also part of our joy too in this strange but wonderful journey-hobby. ?
@sfdude - Roon supports MQA but it only does the first unfold which is to 88.2/96 kHz so there's no trouble streaming to the Devialet. You just can't get the MQA second unfold.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
The PO is full of rubbish!

I asked him where to buy 13K 1000Pro and he gave me the link. When I opened up the link, it’s a second hand 1000Pro May be a 800 upgraded version. And it has been used, modified appearance(Vinly sticker on it) the Asking price is 15.9K USD.

Second hand is second hand, This has nothing to do with Devialet, if a 1000Pro owner want to sell it for $1, Devialet cannot stop him. And warranty will still continue regardless how much the first owner selling it.

No one can buy a unopened brand new Devialet at 13K USD.
Maybe that is purposeful targeted action by OP to bring Devialet's prices down?
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
(24-Apr-2020, 16:08)maxijazz Wrote: Maybe that is purposeful targeted action by OP to bring Devialet's prices down?

I love a good internet conspiracy theory but I can't see the use in selling your Devialet and then trying to pull the price of second hand down. If that was his plan he would have bagged the Gryphon Diablo. Which is easy because it looks like shit.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Price is pretty firm for 1000 Pro, even many second
Hand isn’t cheap and there isn’t many second hand 1000Pro, most of them are 800.

Devialet has done nothing wrong, even their software is better than most of the integrated amp.

Yes they have phantom and they want to sell phantom more which very normal, they need to survive, high end market is small. Expert line won’t be able to keep Devialet’s cash flow health.
I don't think that anybody is objecting Devialet widening their user base. That's a sound business strategy and it seems that the Phantoms are pretty successful.

They should still continue to support the Expert range according to the commitment they made when they convinced us to upgrade to the Pro/CI standard.

Personally I have a perfectly stable Air over ethernet with a fixed IP address for the Devialet connected to a Melco 100 (100 Mbit port connected to the Devialet) with Roon downsampling to 96khz 24 bits. It's also very stable without the downsampling, but I have some interruptions from time to time.

Honestly, the sound I am getting with this configuration is drop dead gorgeous. But still, I would prefer to be able to not downsample in Roon.

And... I would prefer to have a room correction solution built-in the Devialet. Heck, I would prefer the Devialet to be able to run the roon server internally and to just connect a USB drive to the Devialet and be done with it. Wink

Today I am not very impressed by the actual value of the supposedly revolutionary CI upgrade other than the improvement it has brought in terms of stability, but this is bug fixing.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(27-Mar-2020, 20:38)griffithstrife Wrote: No bitching, none at all from me. You must of misread something, or inferred something where nothing was. I gave reasons why I am leaving.

I made and honest post about my audio journey, I made money on my 220 pro. You seem to not have understood my point.

Gryphon, MBL, Dan D'agstino, Focal, B&W, and many others became the products they are by sticking by their dealers and building a back bone based on quality and no compromise.

Devialet wants to say a 1000 pro is 50k when the some poor bastard buys 1 for 50k he is left shit out of luck because he bought an amp maybe worth 15k.

And good luck getting it because Devialet is so busy blowing smoke up their own ass with Phantoms, no one even knows the pros exist and anyone with 50k to spend on audio ain't giving it to Devialet.

Unless they just so happen to get approved at some high end audio dealer, the dealer don't care he is making his money the bank is paying him. What does he care if you pissed away a fortune on the privilege to buy from him.

Next month he won't even sell Devialet anymore, not with the way they churn distributor. So in his mind he will just trade you in later.

Devialet is a dead company. Great technology great Ideas, but the execution was their executioner.

Love them enjoy them, hold them tightly and never let them go. Either way everything I said is true.
I have to absolutely agree with you, having myself dealt with then as a possible dealer, the lack of customer after sales and keeping their products up to date with latest software, why spend a fortune on their amps, moreover Devialet are focusing on their phantom sales and stuffing dealers at the same time selling them directly on their website.

in addition, Devialet telling dealers not to discount is against the fair competitions act under EU law.

i have never dealt with such a cowboy outfit as Devialet, the products are great when they work, but if you don’t have a decent after sales service, the product is crap.

luckily I got my amps trade, so I won’t lose any money, I intend to sell then relatively soon.
(11-Jun-2020, 18:36)Musicmanlv Wrote:
(27-Mar-2020, 20:38)griffithstrife Wrote: No bitching, none at all from me. You must of misread something, or inferred something where nothing was. I gave reasons why I am leaving.

I made and honest post about my audio journey, I made money on my 220 pro. You seem to not have understood my point.

Gryphon, MBL, Dan D'agstino, Focal, B&W, and many others became the products they are by sticking by their dealers and building a back bone based on quality and no compromise.

Devialet wants to say a 1000 pro is 50k when the some poor bastard buys 1 for 50k he is left shit out of luck because he bought an amp maybe worth 15k.

And good luck getting it because Devialet is so busy blowing smoke up their own ass with Phantoms, no one even knows the pros exist and anyone with 50k to spend on audio ain't giving it to Devialet.

Unless they just so happen to get approved at some high end audio dealer, the dealer don't care he is making his money the bank is paying him. What does he care if you pissed away a fortune on the privilege to buy from him.

Next month he won't even sell Devialet anymore, not with the way they churn distributor. So in his mind he will just trade you in later.

Devialet is a dead company. Great technology great Ideas, but the execution was their executioner.

Love them enjoy them, hold them tightly and never let them go. Either way everything I said is true.
I have to absolutely agree with you, having myself dealt with then as a possible dealer, the lack of customer after sales and keeping their products up to date with latest software, why spend a fortune on their amps, moreover Devialet are focusing on their phantom sales and stuffing dealers at the same time selling them directly on their website.

in addition, Devialet telling dealers not to discount is against the fair competitions act under EU law.

i have never dealt with such a cowboy outfit as Devialet, the products are great when they work, but if you don’t have a decent after sales service, the product is crap.

luckily I got my amps trade, so I won’t lose any money, I intend to sell then relatively soon.

Your loss, good job all other manufacturers are better at software updates

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers