Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My thoughts on Devialet
(25-Apr-2020, 07:43)bernardl Wrote: I don't think that anybody is objecting Devialet widening their user base. That's a sound business strategy and it seems that the Phantoms are pretty successful.

They should still continue to support the Expert range according to the commitment they made when they convinced us to upgrade to the Pro/CI standard.

Personally I have a perfectly stable Air over ethernet with a fixed IP address for the Devialet connected to a Melco 100 (100 Mbit port connected to the Devialet) with Roon downsampling to 96khz 24 bits. It's also very stable without the downsampling, but I have some interruptions from time to time.

Honestly, the sound I am getting with this configuration is drop dead gorgeous. But still, I would prefer to be able to not downsample in Roon.

And... I would prefer to have a room correction solution built-in the Devialet. Heck, I would prefer the Devialet to be able to run the roon server internally and to just connect a USB drive to the Devialet and be done with it. Wink

Today I am not very impressed by the actual value of the supposedly revolutionary CI upgrade other than the improvement it has brought in terms of stability, but this is bug fixing.

Cheers,
Bernard

Jepp agree..................and if it had the possibility to handle the coffee machine when i using my energy to listen to my favorite music Smile 
Roon Nuceleus + Core/Tidal > Rood Ready wired ethernet > Keces P8 LPS > EtherRegan switch > D250 PRO > Sonus Faber Cremona M
Nordost Frey 2 Power cable - Blue Jeans Speaker Cables - Audioquest Diamond and Supra cat8 ethernet cables
Other: Ipad air with ROON Control / Pro Ject ground base - ISO Acoustics Orea - Herbie Tenderfoots 
"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

"and those who were seen dancing were thougt to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
(11-Jun-2020, 18:36)Musicmanlv Wrote:
(27-Mar-2020, 20:38)griffithstrife Wrote: No bitching, none at all from me. You must of misread something, or inferred something where nothing was. I gave reasons why I am leaving.

I made and honest post about my audio journey, I made money on my 220 pro. You seem to not have understood my point.

Gryphon, MBL, Dan D'agstino, Focal, B&W, and many others became the products they are by sticking by their dealers and building a back bone based on quality and no compromise.

Devialet wants to say a 1000 pro is 50k when the some poor bastard buys 1 for 50k he is left shit out of luck because he bought an amp maybe worth 15k.

And good luck getting it because Devialet is so busy blowing smoke up their own ass with Phantoms, no one even knows the pros exist and anyone with 50k to spend on audio ain't giving it to Devialet.

Unless they just so happen to get approved at some high end audio dealer, the dealer don't care he is making his money the bank is paying him. What does he care if you pissed away a fortune on the privilege to buy from him.

Next month he won't even sell Devialet anymore, not with the way they churn distributor. So in his mind he will just trade you in later.

Devialet is a dead company. Great technology great Ideas, but the execution was their executioner.

Love them enjoy them, hold them tightly and never let them go. Either way everything I said is true.
I have to absolutely agree with you, having myself dealt with then as a possible dealer, the lack of customer after sales and keeping their products up to date with latest software, why spend a fortune on their amps, moreover Devialet are focusing on their phantom sales and stuffing dealers at the same time selling them directly on their website.

in addition, Devialet telling dealers not to discount is against the fair competitions act under EU law.

i have never dealt with such a cowboy outfit as Devialet, the products are great when they work, but if you don’t have a decent after sales service, the product is crap.

luckily I got my amps trade, so I won’t lose any money, I intend to sell then relatively soon.

I truly appreciate the support but, you can't talk to these people its a cult. Its much like apple fan boys, the truth does not matter. Simply because these sad souls choose Devialet as a piece of identity.

I thought this was a sound forum for Devialet. Instead it is a.

"Devialet is great!"

"I paid 36k with tax for my Devialet i would pay double"

How can you communicate with that mentality? Why would you pay double? Think about the stupidity of that. 

Here it is, here is the truth my Gryphon is ugly. But thank God its a piece of gear, I bought and not my identity.

Now here is some more cold hard truth, Devialet is the trump of audio gear. This forum is filled with MAGA's eating it up.

Devialet is great compared to to specific use cases. Devialet says its better than MBL, Gryphon, Vitus and D'agostino.

But reality paints another picture, its the bottom of high end gear. And great only if you have size restrictions or simply have WAF. 

We don't need products to be our identity these people do. 

One member here told me very racist and hate filled comments. When i tried to report him, my comments where deleted. I was told sorry. Not by the person who attacked me from every angle. No not by him.

Look at the replies I received.

They ranged from and I am paraphrasing here.

1:You want to ruin Devialet with your lies.

If they are lies how can i ruin it?

2:You want to destroy confidence in Devialet.

What does that even mean? Who still has confidence in them at this point? And why?

3:This post and op need to be removed.

For talking honestly and politely

4:He doesn't own Gryphon he must dream of having a Devialet

Yes I also dream of having a Hegal rost too. My dream is a collection of entry amps.

5: he can't write well, this man is a moron listen to nothing he says.

Yes thank you I have a 6th grade education.

This really angered this crowd, how I could have Gryphon with no education?

Devialet is the brand that allows old people whose wifes won't let them have big gear have gear. Its true not saying that's all it is but it is part of it. 

So many posts from people here saying I never heard anything else but this is the best. All the way to I stopped listening to new gear in 1979 when Yamaha released the x3, I knew that was the pinnacle. Until I heard Devialet in the mall while getting a foot massage, now I know it is the pinnacle. How do you communicate with that.

Devialet at first was reaching cool and hip audiophiles, who wanted less cables and less work to enjoy the music. But it became the Fox news of amps. The cool and hip people checked out before the pro boards ever even launched. High end integrated amps became mainstream, compare the D'agstino integrated or the Diablo 300 to 1000.

The 1000 has a smaller foot print! That is it that is the only benefit, its more money has less power and sounds worse! But now here will come people who never compared crap and say AIR AIR AIR GOOD AIR GOOD.

You can't communicate like that, it's a lost cause.

Perfect example the 1000 pro it claims 1000 watts of power at 6ohm loads. So about 700 watts at 8ohm now science tells us has the ohms lower the resistancy changes and more power is delivered good amps should double. So at 3ohms the 1000 pro should be outputting 2000 watts per channel.

Now my 802d3s come close to 2ohm dips so on a speaker like that amps should be hitting 2000 watts per channel. Well how is that possible when every time I have seen a 1000 they are the same circuit. A 110 circuit will deliver 2400 watts max but Devialet makes no stink about dedicated circuits for the amps. I have heard people say it but never from Devialet themselves.

The answer is simple the company is full of shit just like the Gold phantom that plugs into a 110 outlet and deliver 8 million watts. It's pathetic.

This post will more than likely be deleted, you know the MAGA's way.
I have devialet expert before ,i bye a 170 , and it was great mthen there come a update an suddently i have a 200 . Devialet sent update out ,and it was In my World a Big thing , suddently after some time ,devialet told people that we have the oppotunity to sent our devialet to Paris and they Will make it to a 220 pro. ( it cost many euros) i sent my 200 to Paris (it cost nothing to sent) after some days i get a mail from Devialet that. My Devialet was on the Way back to me , i was Wery exiting , i connect my 220 back In my system ,and it Sound great , after that Devialet sent One Software out , and that was that, i do not have Devialet anymore ,i sell it and bye another amp , i sell becorse i have ploblem With Hiss i use turntable and have much hiss , and another thing mabye the number One thing ,was Devialet stop there communication With us , they promised ney app,they promised many things ,but newer deliver, all there interesse was With there phantom Line , i Would say the travel from 170 ,to 220 Pro was great ,but after that ,nooooo i feel devialet say bye bye to all expert owners , and that was no go for me ,and i say bye bye too devialet , Today i have a German Mark AVM i have model AVM a 6.3 And i bye the. Ney phonostage from Ps Audio and sut from ortofon name verto, and everything is great agin, no hiss, if devialet has been more open and do some of that What they promised ,mabye i still ovn a devialet , but i feel they grave there ovn grave, and i could not sit there and feel that there was nothing from Them, and that is Why i chance amp ,and i Will newer look Back.
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
(18-Jun-2020, 19:16)Finn Wrote: I have devialet expert  before ,i bye a 170 , and it was great mthen there come a update an suddently i have a 200 . Devialet sent update out ,and it was In my World a Big thing , suddently after some time ,devialet told people that we have the oppotunity to sent our devialet to Paris and they Will make it to a 220 pro. ( it cost many euros) i sent my 200 to Paris (it cost nothing to sent)  after some days i get a mail from Devialet that. My Devialet was on the Way back to me , i was Wery exiting , i connect  my 220 back In my system ,and it Sound great , after that Devialet sent One Software out , and that was that, i do not have Devialet anymore ,i sell it and bye another amp , i sell becorse i have ploblem With Hiss i use turntable and have much hiss , and another thing mabye the number One thing ,was Devialet stop there communication With us , they promised ney app,they promised many things ,but newer deliver, all there interesse was With there phantom Line , i Would say the travel from 170 ,to 220 Pro was great ,but after that ,nooooo i feel devialet say bye bye to all expert owners , and that was no go for me ,and i say bye bye too devialet , Today i have a German Mark AVM i have model  AVM a 6.3  And i bye the. Ney phonostage from Ps Audio and sut from ortofon name verto, and everything is great agin, no hiss, if devialet has been more open and do some of that What they promised ,mabye i still ovn a devialet , but i feel they grave there ovn grave, and i could not sit there and feel that there was nothing from Them, and that is Why i chance amp ,and i Will newer look Back.

Prepare to be attacked by the cult, your hiss must be your fault.

You don't know how to setup the Devialet.

You might not have hiss, but you don't have the golden flat toast that is Devialet.

I promise you that's all the comments you will get here.

I on the other hand agree with you completely, i can't stomach bugs lingering in the software. But that is OK here. Its OK for these people see Devialet has a golden god that blessed their dead ears with life.

We see it has gear and kit that should be upgraded, the moment better can be had for a cost we can afford.

Not these guys though Moses i mean Makush just spoke with a sales rep. Big big things coming very soon just look at the stones Makush wrote them on.
Griffithstrife. I know But i was vith Devialet all the Way so i know What i talk about. And general always somebody have Said, Now great news from Devialet, and What happend , nothing like all the other times devialet say that.
AVM  8.3  Rosso volterra 2 ,speaker cable and other cable audio note , turntable tt2 de luxe , caridge clearaudio carisma mm, primare bd mrk 2 shyunata power generator,
(18-Jun-2020, 21:23)griffithstrife Wrote: Prepare to be attacked by the cult, your hiss must be your fault.

You might not have hiss, but you don't have the golden flat toast that is Devialet.

Rubbish! The Devialet phono hiss is well documented here and when presented to Devialet’s Mathieu Pernot, his unsatisfactory response was that the noise was within an acceptable Level. That is nonsence as those affected have had to deal with it either with step up transformers or with dedicated phono stages which defeats the one box arguement for a Devialet amp. 

For me, with a streamed input or line level input, my D250 C/I continues to perform admirably. I love the sound. It’s just frustrating that things that should be fixed and have been told to Devialet have not been addressed for a long time. In this respect, they are totally negligent.
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.
(18-Jun-2020, 23:40)Greg Wrote:
(18-Jun-2020, 21:23)griffithstrife Wrote: Prepare to be attacked by the cult, your hiss must be your fault.

Rubbish! The Devialet phono hiss is well documented here and when presented to Devialet’s Mathieu Pernot, his unsatisfactory response was that the noise was within an acceptable Level. That is nonsence as those affected have had to deal with it either with step up transformers or with dedicated phono stages which defeats the one box arguement for a Devialet amp. 

For me, with a streamed input or line level input, my D250 C/I continues to perform admirably. I love the sound. It’s just frustrating that things that should be fixed and have been told to Devialet have not been addressed for a long time. In this respect, they are totally negligent.

Not rubbish, for every person here like you there is 8 going har har har yes acceptable levels.
(18-Jun-2020, 23:48)griffithstrife Wrote:
(18-Jun-2020, 23:40)Greg Wrote:

Not rubbish, for every person here like you there is 8 going har har har yes acceptable levels.
Ah, having re-read your previous post, I get where you are coming from. Doesn’t alter the fact that I find the Devialet sound completely right, at least for my ears. Therefore, with the compromises I’ve made, I’ll happily continue to enjoy it. Good luck to you and those that choose to move on. I’m doubtful there is satisfaction out there to be discovered. No-one ever found the Holy Grail.
Qobuz, roon RAAT, Audiostore Prestige XL Optical, Synology NAS. Devialet Expert 250 Pro C/I. World Audio Design (DIY) KLS3 MkIII speakers, upgraded crossover and SEAS T25CF002 Millennium tweeters. Ethernet. Blue Jeans (Belden 5000) 10 gauge 5T00UP speaker cable.
(19-Jun-2020, 00:47)Greg Wrote:
(18-Jun-2020, 23:48)griffithstrife Wrote:
(18-Jun-2020, 23:40)Greg Wrote: Rubbish! The Devialet phono hiss is well documented here and when presented to Devialet’s Mathieu Pernot, his unsatisfactory response was that the noise was within an acceptable Level. That is nonsence as those affected have had to deal with it either with step up transformers or with dedicated phono stages which defeats the one box arguement for a Devialet amp. 

Ah, having re-read your previous post, I get where you are coming from. Doesn’t alter the fact that I find the Devialet sound completely right, at least for my ears. Therefore, with the compromises I’ve made, I’ll happily continue to enjoy it. Good luck to you and those that choose to move on. I’m doubtful there is satisfaction out there to be discovered. No-one ever found the Holy Grail.

I don't think any of us are looking for the Holy Grail, and if some are I feel bad for them. You are happy with Devialet there is nothing wrong with that. I hope you enjoy and I hope that never changes.

My problem is people here think Devialet some how invented hi-fi, my problem with Devialet is how they treat their customers.

My problem with this forum is that a civilized discussion about the weak points of Devialet. And strong points of the competition, always turn into.

Devialet is the best, I cut off my Penis to have this amp, don't you dare suggest that was a mistake! Nothing could ever be better!

The one racist fellow, went on and on about how a Devialet pro 1000 I showed him with 4 years 8 month warranty left. Was some kind of scam, some knock off product.

That is DELUSIONAL!

Hey if you got the cash and new is all that matters go for it, but when I post that Devialet is shitting on customers like him. He attacked me, and so did a lot of others.

So now here is the deal, you are happy and that's great. But every person who owns a Devialet unit with a bug or a glitch is now fucked.

Why are they fucked?

Simple because idiots who say shit like they would pay double, and Devialet is the ultimate experience. That is the MAGA base.

Devialet owns these people lock, stock and barrel and rather than fix any thing or do anything. Just send Markush out there with some more info.

And when the time comes and Devialet needs some cash to help their super successful Phantoms. You know the smash hit product that keeps losing vendors and distributor.

Devialet will release an upgrade for 5,000 dollars that makes the bluetooth and new app work. And Markush and Peppa will tell everyone how the best just keeps getting better.

I want to clarify I have no beef with Markush he seems like a great guy my point was to emphasis, as long as there are Maga's Devialet will use unsuspecting souls as their Moses. But God backed Moses up. Devialet sends theirs to the slaughter.
[Image: 59f36318e0c6eda4961689f600e88f0c.jpg]

This griff guy is very rude. He is just here to put Devialet down with things he made up.

He complains Devialet selling for 13K but actually it’s 15K USD for a second hand one. I talk to that seller, the condition isn’t good, it’s and old 800 upgraded one, has been used for years.

He is rude and hopeless.

Devialet has updated firmware in early 2019 and it’s a very up to date product. If you don’t like, get some thing else.