Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My thoughts on Devialet
(20-Jun-2020, 00:23)bernardl Wrote: I think that all it takes is objectivity, realism... and a bit of optimism.

The objectivity tells us that the Devialet is one of the best sounding amps on the planet, whatever the price, which makes it an incredible bargain. Many very high set up have cables costing significantly more than the price of a Devialet Dual mono... and they struggle to reach the same level of quality. But objectivity also tells us that Devialet has been doing a consistently poor job at fixing some issues and at releasing new features as hinted.

Realism tells us that nothing is ever perfect. The the small glitches don’t kill the value proposition even if they weaken it a little.

Optimism tells me that the company has not given up on their high end customers. Their support is trying hard to help.

Now the kind of emotional hatred displayed by one poster here isn’t about Devialet, it’s about that person.

Cheers,
Bernard
You are confused, you think I hate Devialet. Why? why would I hate them I said time and again I like the product. That is why I owned 2 of them.

You did not read what I wrote, you do not actually read the words but you attack me.

And when I say I am being attacked and not being understood you attack further

LET ME TRY THIS!!!

1:I FEEL THE WAY DEVIALET HANDLES DISTRIBUTION IS COSTING THEIR CUSTOMERS MONEY. IF YOU WANT TO ACT LIKE MBL, GRYPHON AND D'AGSTINO, WELL, THEN ACT LIKE IT. MAKE IT HARD FOR 2ND HAND AMPS TO GET UPGRADES AND DISCOUNTS.

THAT WOULD SUCK FOR GUYS LIKE ME. "WHO STOLE THESE UNITS AT INCREDIBLE PRICE, SO GOOD LIKE GIFT FROM GOD".

2: I BELIEVE PEOPLE OF THIS FORUM NEED TO STOP PRAISING DEVIALET AND START ACTING LIKE THEY SPENT GOOD MONEY ON THEIR AMPS. NOT ACT LIKE DEVIALET HAS BLESSED THEM WITH FREE MIRACLES.

3: I BELIEVE THE PRICE IS OUT OF TOUCH WITH REALITY, YOU SAY YOUR OBJECTIVITY TELLS YOU DEVIALET IS AMONG THE BEST. WHY? WHAT HAVE YOU HEARD? WHAT HAVE YOU A\B AT HOME?

YOU SEE, I COMPARED MY 220 TO A 440 AND A 1000. I THEN WENT AND HEARD MANY, MANY AMPS, D'AGISTINO WAS MY FAVORITE. I ALSO LOVED MBL BUT I COULD NOT AFFORD IT. I ALSO LOVED THE VINNY ROSSI L SOMTHING I CAN'T REMEMEBER BUT IT WAS INTEGRATED WITH DAC FOR 22K AND IT WAS AMAZING BUT THE D'AGSTINO BEAT IT. I REMEMBER TURNING ON MY DIABLO 300 FOR THE FIRST TIME AND WORRYING IT MIGHT NOT BEAT THE D'AGSTINO. DID IT? I DON'T KNOW, BUT I KNOW WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE TO GRAB THE D'AGSTINO FOR EVEN TRADE I DID NOT EVEN CONSIDER IT.

HERE IS THE THING, IN MY OPINION THESE AMPS ALL KILLED THE 1000 IN SOUND. I AM SORRY I DO NOT MEAN TO HURT YOU OR ANYONE ELSE. BUT YOU SEE REALITY SEEMS TO AGREE WITH ME. LOOK AT SALES LOOK AT REVIEWS. AND LOOK AT THE GEAR THE REVIEWERS ARE SPENDING THEIR OWN MONEY ON. HINT IT AINT DEVIALET,

DEVIALET IS A POCKET KNIFE THAT IS WHAT MADE IT UNIQUE, SMALL BUT ALL THE PARTS YOU NEED AND GOOD AT THE JOB. THE OTHERS ARE KATANAS.

YOU CAN LOVE YOUR POCKET KNIFE, IT CAN BE YOU FAVORITE, IT CAN BE ALL YOU NEED IN LIFE. BUT IT IS A POCKET KNIFE.

Now I apologize for my caps but I am just trying to explain, but I don't think it's possible here. I can't reply to anyone here.
@griffithstrife,

I've followed this thread from the start with your original post. Your last post has made it clear that this thread isn't about your views about Devialet. You made it very clear that it is now about your views of Devialet owners when you said at point 2 in your last post that " I BELIEVE PEOPLE OF THIS FORUM NEED TO STOP PRAISING DEVIALET AND START ACTING LIKE THEY SPENT GOOD MONEY ON THEIR AMPS. NOT ACT LIKE DEVIALET HAS BLESSED THEM WITH FREE MIRACLES."

OK, I get the message. I'm a fan boy like everyone else here who still has a Devialet, and we're all too dumb to get rid of our Devialets and get a better amp, one that you approve of. I'm happy to live with that, especially since you said that the Devialet is a pocket knife, small but with all the parts you need and good at the job, and that the others are katanas. If a pocket knife is all we need in life, then not only do we not need a katana but a katana would be a wasteful choice. You've just given us all the perfect reason for praising Devialet and passing on the katanas. Thank you for that. It's now perfectly clear that those of us who find that our Devialets are all that we need have made the right decision and should be praising Devialet for giving us that without all of the extra resources that go into making the katana we don't need. and don't want to pay for.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Actually, just thinking about it, what Devialet needs is a little self belief. Have you looked at a Patek Philippe watch? People pay £40,000 or more for one of those and no matter how much I look at it it is just a plain, boring watch. Their latest product appeared in my FB page and I just thought that if they put a Mickey Mouse face on it I would be back to my days working in Timex. Rolex aren’t any better - my 10:year old Citizen has never needed adjusting, unless am in a country with no satellite access, or a battery or wound up. My pretty multi thousand pound Zenith languishes in a drawer somewhere, but at least it was slightly cheaper than a Patel Philippe or Rolex.

If I was marketing the Devialet Pro, I would be thinking that I have a pretty fine and refined product here that looks like its inherent qualities will stand the test of time. Who needs to reinvent the Swiss Army knife? Tart up the outer casing slightly, get rid of the annoying SD card and call it a major evolutionary upgrade. The underlying package delivers and delivers well. It is almost a work of art compared with its competitors and it should maintain that cachet.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(20-Jun-2020, 06:14)David A Wrote: @griffithstrife,

I've followed this thread from the start with your original post. Your last post has made it clear that this thread isn't about your views about Devialet. You made it very clear that it is now about your views of Devialet owners when you said at point 2 in your last post that " I BELIEVE PEOPLE OF THIS FORUM NEED TO STOP PRAISING DEVIALET AND START ACTING LIKE THEY SPENT GOOD MONEY ON THEIR AMPS. NOT ACT LIKE DEVIALET HAS BLESSED THEM WITH FREE MIRACLES."

OK, I get the message. I'm a fan boy like everyone else here who still has a Devialet, and we're all too dumb to get rid of our Devialets and get a better amp, one that you approve of. I'm happy to live with that, especially since you said that the Devialet is a pocket knife, small but with all the parts you need and good at the job, and that the others are katanas. If a pocket knife is all we need in life, then not only do we not need a katana but a katana would be a wasteful choice. You've just given us all the perfect reason for praising Devialet and passing on the katanas. Thank you for that. It's now perfectly clear that those of us who find that our Devialets are all that we need have made the right decision and should be praising Devialet for giving us that without all of the extra resources that go into making the katana we don't need. and don't want to pay for.

No my friend, I am not calling all owners fan boys! Especially the ones who understand Devialet has issues! I am talking about the people who can't admit a problem when they see it. I am talking about the people on this board who's only comments are.

"Well my unit works perfectly, you must be doing something"

" I never had that problem, Devialet is gift from God please delete this tread I have no hum"

I am talking about the people who act like Devialet birthed their children and saved their lives. I am not talking about the sound, or the people who enjoy it. I enjoyed it too, that is my point. If the most vocal minority is going to drown out all criticisms of the Devialet company. Than what will Devialet do? Nothing you see that is my point.

I don't want anyone to sell their amps, I just told a buddy of mine to get a 440. It was the best thing in his budget, I have no problem with the sound. For the price I pay and he paid. I love it.

I am saying if you want improvements, if you want upgrades, if you want better communication. Than the praise needs to stop. You own the amp, you have it, they can't take it away from you. But so, so many people here act like that, shhh Devialet will hear you. Well it's been 19 months no updates no nothing, they are shunning every expert owner out there.

But some people here won't even let you say that, some people here praise the sound when we are not talking about the sound.

And I am glad you understand my pocket knife vs katana metaphor, try understanding this one. I never said sell your pocket knifes, I never said buy katanas. I said stop acting like it's not a pocket knife, that's my point. When people here act like the sound is the best sound on Earth. Well that is when you reach hyperbole, it will drive away real audiophiles and it will attract identity seekers. Losers no offense meant to anyone, but that is what hyperbole does.

My friend my final point is you paid more for the pocket knife, if you bought your unit new from a dealer. that is my point, you went on about how you are happy to save money and not waste it on a katana! You spent more to have the pocket knife! That is my point! I am assuming you have a 1000 my apology if that is incorrect. But my point is all the options I speak about are cheaper vs the 1000 and about the same as the 440 in MSRP.
(20-Jun-2020, 07:56)Gerronwithit Wrote: Actually, just thinking about it, what Devialet needs is a little self belief. Have you looked at a Patek Philippe watch? People pay £40,000 or more for one of those and no matter how much I look at it it is just a plain, boring watch. Their latest product appeared in my FB page and I just thought that if they put a Mickey Mouse face on it I would be back to my days working in Timex. Rolex aren’t any better - my 10:year old Citizen has never needed adjusting, unless am in a country with no satellite access, or a battery or wound up. My pretty multi thousand pound Zenith languishes in a drawer somewhere, but at least it was slightly cheaper than a Patel Philippe or Rolex.

If I was marketing the Devialet Pro, I would be thinking that I have a pretty fine and refined product here that looks like its inherent qualities will stand the test of time. Who needs to reinvent the Swiss Army knife? Tart up the outer casing slightly, get rid of the annoying SD card and call it a major evolutionary upgrade. The underlying package delivers and delivers well. It is almost a work of art compared with its competitors and it should maintain that cachet.
I don't get what you are saying, are you saying Devialet is Citizen? Because Devialet charges more for the 1000 than all the other  integrated I mentioned.
(20-Jun-2020, 02:14)griffithstrife Wrote: bernardlI think that all it takes is objectivity, realism... and a bit of optimism.

The objectivity tells us that the Devialet is one of the best sounding amps on the planet, whatever the price, which makes it an incredible bargain. Many very high set up have cables costing significantly more than the price of a Devialet Dual mono... and they struggle to reach the same level of quality. But objectivity also tells us that Devialet has been doing a consistently poor job at fixing some issues and at releasing new features as hinted.

Realism tells us that nothing is ever perfect. The the small glitches don’t kill the value proposition even if they weaken it a little.

Optimism tells me that the company has not given up on their high end customers. Their support is trying hard to help.

Now the kind of emotional hatred displayed by one poster here isn’t about Devialet, it’s about that person.

Cheers,
Bernard
You are confused, you think I hate Devialet. Why? why would I hate them I said time and again I like the product. That is why I owned 2 of them.

You did not read what I wrote, you do not actually read the words but you attack me.

LET ME TRY THIS!!!

1:I FEEL THE WAY DEVIALET HANDLES DISTRIBUTION IS COSTING THEIR CUSTOMERS MONEY. IF YOU WANT TO ACT LIKE MBL, GRYPHON AND D'AGSTINO, WELL, THEN ACT LIKE IT. MAKE IT HARD FOR 2ND HAND AMPS TO GET UPGRADES AND DISCOUNTS.

THAT WOULD SUCK FOR GUYS LIKE ME. "WHO STOLE THESE UNITS AT INCREDIBLE PRICE, SO GOOD LIKE GIFT FROM GOD".

2: I BELIEVE PEOPLE OF THIS FORUM NEED TO STOP PRAISING DEVIALET AND START ACTING LIKE THEY SPENT GOOD MONEY ON THEIR AMPS. NOT ACT LIKE DEVIALET HAS BLESSED THEM WITH FREE MIRACLES.

3: I BELIEVE THE PRICE IS OUT OF TOUCH WITH REALITY, YOU SAY YOUR OBJECTIVITY TELLS YOU DEVIALET IS AMONG THE BEST. WHY? WHAT HAVE YOU HEARD? WHAT HAVE YOU A\B AT HOME?

YOU SEE, I COMPARED MY 220 TO A 440 AND A 1000. I THEN WENT AND HEARD MANY, MANY AMPS, D'AGISTINO WAS MY FAVORITE. I ALSO LOVED MBL BUT I COULD NOT AFFORD IT. I ALSO LOVED THE VINNY ROSSI L SOMTHING I CAN'T REMEMEBER BUT IT WAS INTEGRATED WITH DAC FOR 22K AND IT WAS AMAZING BUT THE D'AGSTINO BEAT IT. I REMEMBER TURNING ON MY DIABLO 300 FOR THE FIRST TIME AND WORRYING IT MIGHT NOT BEAT THE D'AGSTINO. DID IT? I DON'T KNOW, BUT I KNOW WHEN I HAD THE CHANCE TO GRAB THE D'AGSTINO FOR EVEN TRADE I DID NOT EVEN CONSIDER IT.

HERE IS THE THING, IN MY OPINION THESE AMPS ALL KILLED THE 1000 IN SOUND. I AM SORRY I DO NOT MEAN TO HURT YOU OR ANYONE ELSE. BUT YOU SEE REALITY SEEMS TO AGREE WITH ME. LOOK AT SALES LOOK AT REVIEWS. AND LOOK AT THE GEAR THE REVIEWERS ARE SPENDING THEIR OWN MONEY ON. HINT IT AINT DEVIALET,

DEVIALET IS A POCKET KNIFE THAT IS WHAT MADE IT UNIQUE, SMALL BUT ALL THE PARTS YOU NEED AND GOOD AT THE JOB. THE OTHERS ARE KATANAS.

YOU CAN LOVE YOUR POCKET KNIFE, IT CAN BE YOU FAVORITE, IT CAN BE ALL YOU NEED IN LIFE. BUT IT IS A POCKET KNIFE.

Now I apologize for my caps but I am just trying to explain, but I don't think it's possible here. I can't reply to anyone here.

What I know beyond any possible doubt is that I have never roamed the forums of gear I used to own for weeks talking crap about the brand, I have also never tried to convince any owner of a given piece of equipment that I know better than him how other pieces of equipment sound (better) in their systems, I also know that I have never written a full capital letters post in my entire online life (will probably close to 20,000 posts in various forums).

Now... why do you think I don't do these things?

This will be my final answer to you, but you may just want to think about why you need our validation of your views? Why us? People still using a brand with the long list of issues you have kindly made visible for all to see. Why would you expect us to understand you? Wasn't it obvious that we would not get it?

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(21-Jun-2020, 00:00)bernardl Wrote:
(20-Jun-2020, 02:14)griffithstrife Wrote: bernardlI think that all it takes is objectivity, realism... and a bit of optimism.

Cheers,
Bernard

LET ME TRY THIS!!!

What I know beyond any possible doubt is that I have never roamed the forums of gear I used to own for weeks talking crap about the brand, I have also never tried to convince any owner of a given piece of equipment that I know better than him how other pieces of equipment sound (better) in their systems, I also know that I have never written a full capital letters post in my entire online life (will probably close to 20,000 posts in various forums).

This will be my final answer to you, but you may just want to think about why you need our validation of your views? Why us? People still using a brand with the long list of issues you have kindly made visible for all to see. Why would you expect us to understand you? Wasn't it obvious that we would not get it?

Cheers,
Bernard

I am so depressed by this comment! Go read my first post on page 1, I was happy to be a Devialet owner for a long time. I posted here to say goodbye to what I thought was a good community of audiophiles.

What, I soon discovered was that a very vocal minority of users here, see Devialet as their life blood. I never told anyone to sell their units, I attacked no one, I was rude only to those who treated me rudely.

You are right, I am fool, a complete and total fool. I can't believe I thought I could engage in intelligent conversation here. This whole forum is a cesspool, a cult that makes MAGA's and apple fanboys look like well adjusted individuals.

Who's approval and validation do I want? yours the narcissist, or Peppa's the racist.

And yes I am calling you a narcissist, because since my first post here all you did is speak about how you feel. At no point did you bring anything of value.

What are you scared of? How tiny is your manhood If my posts enrage you all so much? I stopped for over a month. My first post back was to a guy who agreed with me.

You guys could just stop replying with your attacks and I would be gone from here forever! But y'all can't. Because the truth hurts, and each one of you must find some truths in my posts.

Also because this forum is dead like the product it represents! And you all hate seeing it on the top because nothing is happening.

You see, you people don't want to have actual conversations about audio! I hate absolutely hate Wilson speakers. But I can talk for hours with Wilson speaker people. Why? Because we both know speaker choice is a preference, it's a opinion about what sounds right to each person.

I have to same attitude with amps, my first post said that! But you guys scream about feelings when I am talking facts. I am talking price, customer service, communication and most of all value.

Has to your 20,000 posts, wow! What kind of cake would you like, seriously I am very impressed. Also sad because now I know I wasted my chance to have the respect of the great bernardlI "He Who Never Uses All caps". Your legend is long and your tales mighty. First I destroyed my relationship with Peppa The racist Pig and now you. 

But good bye, I await you next final response to me
(21-Jun-2020, 01:29)griffithstrife Wrote:
(21-Jun-2020, 00:00)bernardl Wrote:

Cheers,
Bernard

LET ME TRY THIS!!!

Cheers,
Bernard

I am so depressed by this comment! Go read my first post on page 1, I was happy to be a Devialet owner for a long time. I posted here to say goodbye to what I thought was a good community of audiophiles.

What, I soon discovered was that a very vocal minority of users here, see Devialet as their life blood. I never told anyone to sell their units, I attacked no one, I was rude only to those who treated me rudely.

You are right, I am fool, a complete and total fool. I can't believe I thought I could engage in intelligent conversation here. This whole forum is a cesspool, a cult that makes MAGA's and apple fanboys look like well adjusted individuals.

Who's approval and validation do I want? yours the narcissist, or Peppa's the racist.

And yes I am calling you a narcissist, because since my first post here all you did is speak about how you feel. At no point did you bring anything of value.

What are you scared of? How tiny is your manhood If my posts enrage you all so much? I stopped for over a month. My first post back was to a guy who agreed with me.

You guys could just stop replying with your attacks and I would be gone from here forever! But y'all can't. Because the truth hurts, and each one of you must find some truths in my posts.

Also because this forum is dead like the product it represents! And you all hate seeing it on the top because nothing is happening.

You see, you people don't want to have actual conversations about audio! I hate absolutely hate Wilson speakers. But I can talk for hours with Wilson speaker people. Why? Because we both know speaker choice is a preference, it's a opinion about what sounds right to each person.

I have to same attitude with amps, my first post said that! But you guys scream about feelings when I am talking facts. I am talking price, customer service, communication and most of all value.

Has to your 20,000 posts, wow! What kind of cake would you like, seriously I am very impressed. Also sad because now I know I wasted my chance to have the respect of the great bernardlI "He Who Never Uses All caps". Your legend is long and your tales mighty. First I destroyed my relationship with Peppa The racist Pig and now you. 

But good bye, I await you next final response to me
TBH I cannot be bothered trawling through the who said what endless list. I try to read the postings here objectively even if I do not understand some of the technical stuff, but comparisons of other offerings is always welcome. We all know Devialet’s failings with the Expert range as it has currently put most of its money in the Phantom basket, possibly thinking that the Expert is an over expensive indulgence at the moment.

Anyway, us gouging one another’s eyeballs out in frustration will not help. If you have reached the end of your own Devialet journey then am sure most of us would love to know what happened next. Just don’t start on politics as I have been banned from enough sites.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
The latest Saga not developing the App for the expert pro in line with IOS 14 show how little they value the end user, before you say they are developing one they are, but only for the phantoms.

In a reply to a user they said “IF/WHEN we develop one” “IF” is clearly a way of saying we’re not doing it.

It’s not the people on this thread that have caused this anger towards Devialet, it’s in fact Devialet themselves for not looking after and valuing their customers that have invested their hard earned money into their amplifiers.

Devialet will suffer in the long run for their arrogance and disrespect for people that invest and buy their products....