Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My thoughts on Devialet
(19-Jun-2020, 01:54)PeppaPig Wrote: [Image: 59f36318e0c6eda4961689f600e88f0c.jpg]

This griff guy is very rude. He is just here to put Devialet down with things he made up.

He complains Devialet selling for 13K but actually it’s 15K USD for a second hand one. I talk to that seller, the condition isn’t good, it’s and old 800 upgraded one, has been used for years.

He is rude and hopeless.

Devialet has updated firmware in early 2019 and it’s a very up to date product. If you don’t like, get some  thing else.
Why is my replies always deleted. Why is the racist allowed to be racist but i am not allowed to state its racist. Why can he show that but i cant show what lead up to it and how he responded. This is ignorant and smells like donations where received.
(19-Jun-2020, 08:57)griffithstrife Wrote:
(19-Jun-2020, 01:54)PeppaPig Wrote: [Image: 59f36318e0c6eda4961689f600e88f0c.jpg]

This griff guy is very rude. He is just here to put Devialet down with things he made up.

He complains Devialet selling for 13K but actually it’s 15K USD for a second hand one. I talk to that seller, the condition isn’t good, it’s and old 800 upgraded one, has been used for years.

He is rude and hopeless.

Devialet has updated firmware in early 2019 and it’s a very up to date product. If you don’t like, get some  thing else.
Why is my replies always deleted. Why is the racist allowed to be racist but i am not allowed to state its racist. Why can he show that but i cant show what lead up to it and how he responded. This is ignorant and smells like donations where received.
Hi guys, please remember this is a forum that lots of people view and enjoy, let's not bring unnecessary negativity to this site. Thank-you
Devialet Expert Pro 220, ATC SCM40 speakers, Pro-Ject Xtension 9 turntable, Chord Signature XL speaker cable
Sorry Everyone. I am not intend to have argue with this Griffi guy. Just I saw his posts and want to let people know how he is actually communicating with other forum members. When I PM him the details about his claim (Devialet selling brand new 1000Pro for 1.3K USD), he responded with dirty words to me. He actually send few PM with extremely dirty words and personal attack, only because I questioned how can you blame Devialet because the second hand price? If someone want to sell his 1000Pro for $1, it is their choice and out of Devialet’s control. I suspect he just want to put down Devialet’s brand new without solid evidence. It is unnecessary Griffi. I agree that I did responded your PM in a rude way later on, but it’s all because your extreme personal attack to me at the first place. The screenshot I post above can prove I was only asking for the details at the beginning, you are very dishonest, exactly like how you attack Devialet product and brand name.

Anyway I wouldn’t continue this topic but readers should be caution about what he said here.

I am sorry if I made someone uncomfortable reading, it really wasn’t my intention. My Apologies.
Hi there! I'm a new member (but I've been lurking on this forum for the better part of 2 years). And I'm not 'yet' a Devialet owner. I've wanted to be....oh so wanted to be....but what I read here mostly scares the s**t out of me. Somehow I've managed not to spend - for the record I've been mulling over a Devialet (and a Macintosh MA7200) for about 2 years, but somehow I have managed not to pull the trigger.

I so want to love this product, but the seemingly lack of love from its creator keeps me away. But I will continue to watch here, for good news. New firmware that solves all problems. New features and sources for the very expensive streaming board. Maybe even new Devialet models...who knows. But for now, my money stays in my pocket. So please please please someone bring the good news !!!!
(19-Jun-2020, 11:16)PeppaPig Wrote: Sorry Everyone. I am not intend to have argue with this Griffi guy. Just I saw his posts and want to let people know how he is actually communicating with other forum members. When I PM him the details about his claim (Devialet selling brand new 1000Pro for 1.3K USD), he responded with dirty words to me. He actually send few PM with extremely dirty words and personal attack, only because I questioned how can you blame Devialet because the second hand price? If someone want to sell his 1000Pro for $1, it is their choice and out of Devialet’s control. I suspect he just want to put down Devialet’s brand new without solid evidence. It is unnecessary Griffi. I agree that I did responded your PM in a rude way later on, but it’s all because your extreme personal attack to me at the first place. The screenshot I post above can prove I was only asking for the details at the beginning, you are very dishonest, exactly like how you attack Devialet product and brand name.

Anyway I wouldn’t continue this topic but readers should be caution about what he said here.

I am sorry if I made someone uncomfortable reading, it really wasn’t my intention. My Apologies.
I politely explained 3 times my point.

If devialet treats them as new first hand units what is the difference?

You can't handle that, you just go on about age. Who cares about age. I am listening to it not marrying it.

You where more than rude, but thank you for the apology. 

And from the bottom of my heart i am sorry. I was cruel. I thought i was joking but you are correct i was rude. Micro penis is not something I should make fun. I apologize, i did not mean to trigger you. It will not happen again.

I hope we can both be civil to eachother now.
(19-Jun-2020, 16:07)YYZ Wrote: Hi there!  I'm a new member (but I've been lurking on this forum for the better part of 2 years).  And I'm not 'yet' a Devialet owner.  I've wanted to be....oh so wanted to be....but what I read here mostly scares the s**t out of me.  Somehow I've managed not to spend - for the record I've been mulling over a Devialet (and a Macintosh MA7200) for about 2 years, but somehow I have managed not to pull the trigger. 

I so want to love this product, but the seemingly lack of love from its creator keeps me away.  But I will continue to watch here, for good news.  New firmware that solves all problems.  New features and sources for the very expensive streaming board.  Maybe even new Devialet models...who knows.  But for now, my money stays in my pocket.  So please please please someone bring the good news !!!!

I can understand your concerns and the best way to resolve it is twofold:

a) Listen to it.   I suspect that like most of us, it will truly impress.   
b) Accept it for what it is when you purchase it.   We may still see further firmware releases from Devialet, but it is unlikely we'll see any significant new efforts (and I base that solely on lack of any updates since the last release 16 months ago - I have no inside information).

Devialet can be well criticized for not meeting their promises and not communicating well, but DevialetChat is also full of very positive stories of Devialet stepping up to fix or replace malfunctioning equipment on the rare occasions that has happened.  So from that standpoint, I think Devialet is solid.   I don't see a lack of love from Devialet as much as simply a lack of resources.   It was and still is an exceptional product.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(19-Jun-2020, 17:04)mdconnelly Wrote:
(19-Jun-2020, 16:07)YYZ Wrote: Hi there!  I'm a new member (but I've been lurking on this forum for the better part of 2 years).  And I'm not 'yet' a Devialet owner.  I've wanted to be....oh so wanted to be....but what I read here mostly scares the s**t out of me.  Somehow I've managed not to spend - for the record I've been mulling over a Devialet (and a Macintosh MA7200) for about 2 years, but somehow I have managed not to pull the trigger. 

I so want to love this product, but the seemingly lack of love from its creator keeps me away.  But I will continue to watch here, for good news.  New firmware that solves all problems.  New features and sources for the very expensive streaming board.  Maybe even new Devialet models...who knows.  But for now, my money stays in my pocket.  So please please please someone bring the good news !!!!

I can understand your concerns and the best way to resolve it is twofold:

a) Listen to it.   I suspect that like most of us, it will truly impress.   
b) Accept it for what it is when you purchase it.   We may still see further firmware releases from Devialet, but it is unlikely we'll see any significant new efforts (and I base that solely on lack of any updates since the last release 16 months ago - I have no inside information).

Devialet can be well criticized for not meeting their promises and not communicating well, but DevialetChat is also full of very positive stories of Devialet stepping up to fix or replace malfunctioning equipment on the rare occasions that has happened.  So from that standpoint, I think Devialet is solid.   I don't see a lack of love from Devialet as much as simply a lack of resources.   It was and still is an exceptional product.

Agree. My customer service experience with Devialet was extremely good. They fixed my old second hand remote without asking any question. And they offered other services to me which not part of the warranty but they did it for keep me happy. My Devialet has no bug that upsets me and it functions as good as any other high end amp, may be better.

I completely agree with you.
Hopefully Devialet will notice this and change their attitude towards customers.
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
I think that all it takes is objectivity, realism... and a bit of optimism.

The objectivity tells us that the Devialet is one of the best sounding amps on the planet, whatever the price, which makes it an incredible bargain. Many very high set up have cables costing significantly more than the price of a Devialet Dual mono... and they struggle to reach the same level of quality. But objectivity also tells us that Devialet has been doing a consistently poor job at fixing some issues and at releasing new features as hinted.

Realism tells us that nothing is ever perfect. The the small glitches don’t kill the value proposition even if they weaken it a little.

Optimism tells me that the company has not given up on their high end customers. Their support is trying hard to help.

Now the kind of emotional hatred displayed by one poster here isn’t about Devialet, it’s about that person.

Cheers,
Bernard
Room: Gik Acoustics | Vibration: Townshend pods | Power: Shunyata Omega XC + Everest + Sigma NR v2 + Sigma ground cables | Source: Mojo Audio DejaVu EVO linux server running Roon core (Raat) | Ethernet: Sonore Optical module + Melco S10P with dedicated LPS + Shunyata Omega Ethernet x 2| Synchronous: Mutec MC-3 + USB (Paul Hynes SR7T LPS) + Cybershaft OP21A (Shunyata Omega USB, AES/EBU, clock cables) | Dac/Pre/Amplification: Devialet D1000 Pro CI (Chord Sarum T RCA-RCA link) | Speakers: Chord Sarum T cables + Wilson Benesch Act One Evolution P1
(20-Jun-2020, 00:23)bernardl Wrote: I think that all it takes is objectivity, realism... and a bit of optimism.

The objectivity tells us that the Devialet is one of the best sounding amps on the planet, whatever the price, which makes it an incredible bargain. Many very high set up have cables costing significantly more than the price of a Devialet Dual mono... and they struggle to reach the same level of quality. But objectivity also tells us that Devialet has been doing a consistently poor job at fixing some issues and at releasing new features as hinted.

Realism tells us that nothing is ever perfect. The the small glitches don’t kill the value proposition even if they weaken it a little.

Optimism tells me that the company has not given up on their high end customers. Their support is trying hard to help.

Now the kind of emotional hatred displayed by one poster here isn’t about Devialet, it’s about that person.

Cheers,
Bernard

That’s a good different way of thinking.