Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New DOS 2.11.2
(21-Sep-2020, 18:32)Flaeske Wrote:
(20-Sep-2020, 19:36)Flaeske Wrote:
(10-Sep-2020, 22:19)misterhon Wrote: My old remote needed to be paired again after the 2.11.2 update, but no issues so far.

After one week back and forward on mail/phone and bunch of test with devialet support I solved my problem with devialet remote! I just sold It for 60% of its value...

Looking forward to get new remote and I hope it will work better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just updated to DOS 2.11.3 my old remote is still not working in stereo mode. I’m really start to be unhappy of Devialet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just updated to DOS 2.11.3 all my devices. So far so good but short listening. 
My old remote is till working fine with a single Reactor (the one connected to TV). Haven’t tried it yet with my couple of golds.
I have gone without the remote for roughly three years after my then 3 year old son dropped the remote and it broke. Did not blame him though as I probably dropped it enough before him that it was just a matter of time before it broke. I personally do not miss the remote but the rest of my family does; especially those younger members who did not have access to an iDevice. I ordered the new remote, which hopefully will pair well with my golds and if it does I am looking forward to the additional functionality.
2.11.2 is dead, long live 2.11.3!
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...DOS-2-11-3
(21-Sep-2020, 20:05)JDtheJD Wrote: I have gone without the remote for roughly three years after my then 3 year old son dropped the remote and it broke. Did not blame him though as I probably dropped it enough before him that it was just a matter of time before it broke. I personally do not miss the remote but the rest of my family does; especially those younger members who did not have access to an iDevice. I ordered the new remote, which hopefully will pair well with my golds and if it does I am looking forward to the additional functionality.

In my eyes having so strong speakers without remote is a bit unpractical and I think it’s should come with speaker. I’m going to store to try to get the new one asp. The old remote is really bad design it’s roll down the table so easy once it’s tipped off. I crash one myself, bought new one and sold to get the latest one that thanks god looks more flat and hopefully will hold on for longer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
does anyone know if the new remote might allow switching of inputs? frustrating as hell to get my phone every time i want to enable the tv optical channel. Auto switch for some reason doesn't work for me at all now....
(23-Sep-2020, 23:42)cyrus.b Wrote: does anyone know if the new remote might allow switching of inputs?  frustrating as hell to get my phone every time i want to enable the tv optical channel.  Auto switch for some reason doesn't work for me at all now....

I’m completely sure it won’t. There is a standby switch on the bottom and there are only three capacitive buttons on the top. Happy to test when the remotes arrive on Monday though.

Edit: @cyrus.b have you made sure that “Optical Autoswitch” is turned on in each speaker’s individual settings panel?
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
(24-May-2020, 12:08)roei Wrote: Edit: @cyrus.b have you made sure that “Optical Autoswitch” is turned on in each speaker’s individual settings panel?

I believe the Auto Switch only switches when an optical comes "on", not when there's sound coming in. You have to shut down & power on the optical source for it to auto-switch
2x Phantom Silver [Eth] + Remote — DOS 2.12.5
+ Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Ortofon 2M Black) with Pro-ject Tube Box S2 + Swissonic Converter AD 24/192
(26-Sep-2020, 13:10)DesertEagleAZ Wrote:
(23-Sep-2020, 23:42)cyrus.b Wrote: does anyone know if the new remote might allow switching of inputs?  frustrating as hell to get my phone every time i want to enable the tv optical channel.  Auto switch for some reason doesn't work for me at all now....

I’m completely sure it won’t. There is a standby switch on the bottom and there are only three capacitive buttons on the top. Happy to test when the remotes arrive on Monday though.

Edit: @cyrus.b have you made sure that “Optical Autoswitch” is turned on in each speaker’s individual settings panel?

The two new remotes arrived and are already set up. They work great and seem very responsive so far, but there's no switching of inputs, as assumed. I needed to bring each remote close to my left Phantom/Reactor to pair it. The Reactors needed a restart before they would pair. Happy with the purchase so far.
Devialet Phantom Gold Duo | Devialet Phantom Reactor 600 Duo | 2x New Devialet Remote | 4x HiFiBerry RAAT endpoints & low-cost passive speakers — Roon Lifetime
My remote is due to arrive tomorrow. Just as well as they broke support for the original one.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
New Remote version 2 arrived today.

So far so good: much better responsiveness, metal ring finally with an increased friction to rotation.
Volume level on the display is a “must have”. Play/pause, ff and rev helps the experience. And finally the shape: I can have this new thing with me on the sofa without feeling it rolling over here and there as I move or change position (like the previous one, a sort of rolling ball).

No need to restart or reboot for pairing the new remote. Double fingers for 3 secs on it to pair with a new Phantom.
Not sure when I’d need to use the on/off mechanical switch on the bottom. To save battery when it is not used for long time?

The old remote still works with all my premiers/reactors.