Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Firmware 7.1.1 Available
(12-Aug-2014, 04:48)bluedesertsky Wrote:
(07-Aug-2014, 14:53)Mikeeo Wrote:
(07-Aug-2014, 13:11)Kunter Wrote: To my ears, 7.1.1 has better soundstage (and depth) compared to the 7.1.0 on my 800 so I think the promise of better latency is fulfilled.

Well, this one (soundstage...) I can agree with as slightly better! Otherwise 7.1.1 feels slightly rougher in the upper freq. with a slight sibilance problem. Maybe the bass region is less tight and more full which is not to my liking.
All above are of course small but noticeable differences.

/Mike

FYI, I'm new to the forum, but have followed it for the last several weeks. Bought a 120 over a year ago and have been listening through Zu Audio Definition Mk. IV speakers and Zu Event power and speaker cables.

I've enjoyed the 120 except for the last couple of firmware changes. I agree with Mike that the latest firmware update has a better soundstage but, on the downside, a sibilance problem and subpar bass. To my ears and in my system, the low bass impact has deteriorated and the overall sound is less musical.

It sounds more like a very good SET presentation, with a fuller and less defined low/upper bass range, rather than the neutrality I expect from Devialet. This judgment is based on a variety of recordings, but two in particular are used as references - Daft Punk's Get Lucky and Fleetwood Mac's Dreams.

On the positive side, I can hear slightly more detail in the midrange and the higher frequencies may be more natural sounding (e.g., cymbals and horns). But overall, the dynamics and presentation of the recording sound less realistic. Just an initial opinion. I'll listen more carefully this coming weekend.

Folks
I have tested it forwards and backwards and 7.1.1 SQ is definitely worse than 7.1.0
It's sounds much more cold and digital - maybe more details but less "music".
Believe me - my ML Ethos are magnifying glasses in terms of SQ.
So i went back to the 7.1.0
I assume the changes may have an impact for dual mono user but not for the singles.
The reason might be changes to power handling. What is correct, is that the temperature is less with 7.1.1
Think Devialet needs some rework here.
Cheers
Henry
Dev 200 - Martin Logan Ethos - Inakustik LS1603 Speaker Cables - Linn Ikemi CD, Auralic Aries, WIN10 LapTop. Project Xperience Acryl with Ortofon Bronze 2M. Sonos Connect, Tidal High-Res Abo
(06-Aug-2014, 23:30)Mikeeo Wrote:
(26-Jul-2014, 10:36)windler Wrote: Just update to 7.1.1 ... somehow I found it less Airy and less flawless then the last one .
I just installed and have to agree with you as I have the same impression Sad. I trust you went from 7.1.0 as me!?
Well I will go back to previous just to see if I am not 'analyzing into' too much.
Temperature management works better ie lower working temp.

/Mike
Sure I back to 7.1
When I tested the 7.1.1. I also did not feel improvement in temperature.
I do not use SAM and probably will not be SAM to my speakers.
The average temperature is 43 degrees in without me loading the amplifier too much.
And with a little load the amp temp is around 45-47.
Devialet 400, 
Ayon Raptor S
Townshend maximum super tweeters
MAC mini ,Amarra +IRC .
Digital -Telos Audio Gold Reference MKII ,
Speakers:Analysis plus Clear Oval
Power :Graditech - Voima 1

I like 7.1.1. For me bass is better controlled. Bad quality recordings sounds better. For example: U2 sound quite nice. Better than before.
Anybody notice the release date of v7.1.1 has changed on Devialet's website? The date now shows 12/23/2014.

I'm reinstalling it now...seems SAM % should be configurable from the Tone menu...not sure if this is new or not but I don't recall this option.

I wonder what else is different from the prior release???

Digital: ROON on Synology & SONOS Connect
Analog: Marantz TT-15s1 - ClearAudio Virtuoso MM Wood

Main: Devialet D250 - KEF LS50
(29-Dec-2014, 07:41)adhesiv Wrote: Anybody notice the release date of v7.1.1 has changed on Devialet's website? The date now shows 12/23/2014.

I'm reinstalling it now...seems SAM % should be configurable from the Tone menu...not sure if this is new or not but I don't recall this option.

I wonder what else is different from the prior release???

TBH if they actually have two different firmware files with the same version number somebody should be dragged out and shot...
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

the filedates are still from 1st august. Nothing new here, still the same.
Yes i verified the content of the firmware files appear to be the same...the dates appear the same when viewing the release date from the Devialet itself. Strange that they would re-date the release though...i wonder if one of the supporting files has changed but the primary firmware did not.

The above posts remind me of my visit to the Devialet event organised by Guilford audio back in October. I was talking to Thierry (Devialet) about my various white noise and configurator issues. Thierry asked if I was running the latest 7.1.1 software on both amps. I replied yes. He then asked if I had tried reloading the exact same latest version of 7.1.1 on bath amps, explaining how to down load onto an SD card and then use this same 7.1.1 file for both amplifiers. For what it's worth, I tried this and as far as I can tell it made zero difference. I just put this down to being fobbed off by Devialet. Perhaps F1eng has a point in his post above? (although the guillotine might be more appropriate)
(29-Dec-2014, 09:01)f1eng Wrote: TBH if they actually have two different firmware files with the same version number somebody should be dragged out and shot...

Amen to that.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(30-Dec-2014, 13:16)Confused Wrote: The above posts remind me of my visit to the Devialet event organised by Guilford audio back in October. I was talking to Thierry (Devialet) about my various white noise and configurator issues. Thierry asked if I was running the latest 7.1.1 software on both amps. I replied yes. He then asked if I had tried reloading the exact same latest version of 7.1.1 on bath amps, explaining how to down load onto an SD card and then use this same 7.1.1 file for both amplifiers. For what it's worth, I tried this and as far as I can tell it made zero difference. I just put this down to being fobbed off by Devialet. Perhaps F1eng has a point in his post above? (although the guillotine might be more appropriate)

Well, at this point it can't hurt to reload the firmware...maybe something changed, maybe not. Just can't get past how odd it is that the date of release is now 12/23.