Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New app
(14-Oct-2018, 16:07)markush Wrote: Unfortunately this to be expected about Q2 2019. hopefully they can speed things up.

Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin Tongue

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(14-Oct-2018, 16:07)markush Wrote: Had an interesting phone call with management team member.

It‘s great to see Roon RAAT is top priority and is in the final stage of testing.
Also good to see that they learned from the mistakes of unstable software/firmware updates of Core Infinity, Pro Models ... so they reassure stability is as expected.
Should be released before x-mas.

Bluetooth & Airplay2 compatibility is in progress - timeline depending on license approval.

Finally new remote app and more is in preparation.
Along with Phantom Reactor release they introduced a new app software Fundament for their apps.
Interface design now looks really nice and looking forward to having Expert line be equipped with state of the art app. Should be a universal app- being optimized for various devices.
Unfortunately this to be expected about Q2 2019. hopefully they can speed things up.

Hi @markush. Many thanks for sharing this information. Situation on Roon RAAT looking hopeful then Smile. Personally I am not so interested in Bluetooth, but Airplay 2 would be useful, hopefully licence approval will be quick in coming.

Well I suppose that we will need to be patient in awaiting the revised remote app Rolleyes.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
Glad to provide the community with insights.
There will be a newsletter to all Expert line owners within the next two weeks with a news / progress update.
(14-Oct-2018, 17:47)markush Wrote: Glad to provide the community with insights.
There will be a newsletter to all Expert line owners within the next two weeks with a news / progress update.

Wow, does that mean that Devialet are actually going to communicate directly with us Exclamation Confused.
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(14-Oct-2018, 16:07)markush Wrote: Unfortunately this to be expected about Q2 2019. hopefully they can speed things up.

So “first semester 2019” has already become Q2? Oh dear.
Where does it say 1st semester?
(14-Oct-2018, 18:09)markush Wrote: Where does it say 1st semester?

It's here on the Reactor page so antilles' reaction may not be fully 'connected'

Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Well that relates to Phantom Reactor.
Even though they share the same platform in the future bringing Expert line on it is a bit more effort.
‘More effort’ depends on your viewpoint I suppose.

Since Devialet planned to move all their products onto a single software base (which they’ve explicitly stated as the primary reason for the CI and abandoning their constant evolution mantra for previous gen products), then it’s surely one effort divided across the range.

I would argue existing products should already have been done and that it should have been extra effort to add Reactor. But they were clearly behind schedule again and needed a new fresh software to launch with the new product, hence they diverted resources there and still only released a half finished solution.

You would usually aim to release new hardware with the fully finished software, which you would have all versions ready to roll out shortly after the fanfare. Well, that’s how Apple do it and I thought Devialet were trying to copy them now?

I do hope they get their act together, even I might be tempted by a Reactor or two if they sound good - but ONLY if the software sides genuinely sorted.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(14-Oct-2018, 17:54)antilles Wrote:

So “first semester 2019” has already become Q2? Oh dear.

https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/semester

A semester is a 6 months period. So Q2 still falls within the target. Just saying...

- Tristan -