Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New firmware 8.1.3
Late to the party here as I've had a busy summer... anyway
Loaded 8.1.3 this evening.
Quite a noticeable increased depth to the soundstage. Speakers seem to just disappear... quite pleased so far.

MoonMind/AQ coffee/D250/ Atohm GT1SE/ Atacama stands
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

(16-Aug-2015, 18:25)MusicFirst Wrote:
(16-Aug-2015, 02:47)imprezap2 Wrote: After my vacation I was happy to see my Devialet 200 back from a warranty repair (burning smell), straight away installed the 8.1.3beta and decided to play it for a week.
Today the first listening session I find it quite musical, the strange mid bass thump has gone and I can play a bit louder (Raidho X1 and JL audio Fathom F110).
But the annoying thing is that the right channel is slightly louder then the left channel, pulling the soundstage to the right for half a meter.

All in all I am getting a bit frustrated with the Devialet experience, I won't be buying the second one to make it a 400. In my first system I am using Accuphase amplification for years, never had any problem, just turn it on and enjoy the music.

I have had a similar experience with my D400s, requiring me to adjust the balance to the left by 24! to center the image.  I have also started to experience an intermittent dropout the starts on the RHS speaker and sends a ripple or echo through the left channel.  The effect is very fast and the initial dropout is over in about a second.  The effect upsets the sound quality for several minutes until the system restabilizes.  I'm not certain if its the slave or what, but its very disconcerting especially if one has been drawn into the music.

FWIW, both of these effects started when I switched to 8.1.3. beta from 7.1.3 (I spent little time with other 8. FW., I haven't had time to go back to any of the 7.x.x. FW.)

Kerry
I have the same problem with my D400's. The funny thing is that it is triggered by the treble.. increase the treble and the image gets more and more off center. It seems to be one of the amps causing the problem; time for a warranty claim.
with my D200 it's not the treble, I am not sure anymore it is the Devialet giving the problem, when changing the speaker wires over, the soundstage still pulls to the right.
Also switched speakers, still soundstage pulls to the right.

I have lowered the right speaker 2dB in the configurator, and that has done the trick, maybe not the most elegant solution, but imaging is now rock solid in the middle of the soundstage. (depending on recording off course)

Strange is that this pulling to the right didn't occur just after purchasing the Devialet, and for the ones saying it might be the room acoustics, I have positioned the speakers playing along the long wall but also playing along the short wall, both giving same result, soundstage pulling to the right.

Anyway, the set (Raidho X1, JL Audio f110, D200, Ansuz powerblock and cabling) sounds good the way it is now.
Main Set: Aavik U-300, Magico V3, Wadia 381i, Ayre DX-5 dsd, NBS Black label / Omega 1, Crystal Dreamline, Cardas Clear, Ansuz Ceramic, Aurender N100H, purpose build rack Bubinga wood (175kg rack only)

Second set: Devialet 200, Raidho X1, JL Audio F110 Subs (2x), Oppo BDP103D with audiopraise board, Melco N1A, Uptone Regen, and lots of Ansuz goodies
(04-Oct-2015, 00:13)imprezap2 Wrote: with my D200 it's not the treble, I am not sure anymore it is the Devialet giving the problem, when changing the speaker wires over, the soundstage still pulls to the right.

I have lowered the right speaker 2dB in the configurator, and that has done the trick, maybe not the most elegant solution, but imaging is now rock solid in the middle of the soundstage. (depending on recording off course)

Strange is that this pulling to the right didn't occur just after purchasing the Devialet, and for the ones saying it might be the room acoustics, I have positioned the speakers playing along the long wall but also playing along the short wall, both giving same result, soundstage pulling to the right.

Anyway, the set (Raidho X1, JL Audio f110, D200, Ansuz powerblock and cabling) sounds good the way it is now.

Out of curiosity have you tried connecting speaker cables for the right and left speakers into the opposite speaker outputs on the Devialet? If you do so, does the soundstage still pull to the right? It should in theory pull to the left if it is an issue with the Devialet.

Or is that what you are referring to above about changing speaker wires?

The other test would be swapping the left and right input connections of whatever you are using to drive the Devialet ( unless course it is an USB connection )
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(04-Oct-2015, 03:28)baddog Wrote:
(04-Oct-2015, 00:13)imprezap2 Wrote: with my D200 it's not the treble, I am not sure anymore it is the Devialet giving the problem, when changing the speaker wires over, the soundstage still pulls to the right.

Out of curiosity have you tried connecting speaker cables for the right and left speakers into the opposite speaker outputs on the Devialet? If you do so, does the soundstage still pull to the right? It should in theory pull to the left if it is an issue with the Devialet.

Or is that what you are referring to above about changing speaker wires?

The other test would be swapping the left and right input connections of whatever you are using to drive the Devialet ( unless course it is an USB connection )

Yes I have done that, that's why I am not sure it's the Devialet. (and I am using USB input only)
Main Set: Aavik U-300, Magico V3, Wadia 381i, Ayre DX-5 dsd, NBS Black label / Omega 1, Crystal Dreamline, Cardas Clear, Ansuz Ceramic, Aurender N100H, purpose build rack Bubinga wood (175kg rack only)

Second set: Devialet 200, Raidho X1, JL Audio F110 Subs (2x), Oppo BDP103D with audiopraise board, Melco N1A, Uptone Regen, and lots of Ansuz goodies
It's been 5 months since we got the last firmware update. Do you think we will get a Christmas present (i.e. firmware update) from Devialet?
If a new firmware that fixes AIR and introduce Room Correction DSP that will be great.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I would not hold my breath on room correction. It does not seem to fit with the general philosophie of Devialet as I can read it: They favor features that work out of the box over features that are dependent on the room, hence SAM rather than Room correction.

But I have been wrong many times so..... Smile

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
(15-Oct-2015, 15:33)hk6230 Wrote: If a new firmware that fixes AIR and introduce Room Correction DSP that will be great.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

yes, room correction would be great!
D400; Stereolab Tombo Tron coaxial for master -> slave; Kubala-Sosna Elation interconnects, power, and speaker cables; Spendor D7 speakers; Bryston BDP-2 w. latest sound card & upgraded fuses; Bybee Stealth Power Purifier conditioner connected with IsoTek EVO3 Syncro SE to wall socket
I wish for upnp/dlna