Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
New firmware 8.1.3
+ roon support
(16-Oct-2015, 03:31)johnsap Wrote: + roon support

Seconded, making it a Roon Speaker (or whatever they are going to call it) would be great, it should still come after fixing Air though.

Thirded (if there is such a thing)
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(16-Oct-2015, 09:17)NickB Wrote:

Nice system!
Devialet D200 Synology 1513+ Aries Harbeth
(16-Oct-2015, 09:17)NickB Wrote:

Fourthed! They should just forget about AIR and go with RAAT.

Sure seems sad that my best alternative for streaming to my Devialet 800 is a Raspberry Pi/Hifiberry Digi+ running Volumio...
What's RAAT??
(15-Nov-2015, 11:08)Confused Wrote: What's RAAT??

Roon Advanced Audio Transport = if the Roon endpoint is part of the device firmware

RoonSpeakers if it is a separate chunk of code - a program running on Win, Mac or Linux
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(15-Nov-2015, 11:08)Confused Wrote: What's RAAT??

I think it's Roon Advanced Audio Transport. Or similar. Roons version of Air basically, but based on all their experience with Meridian, and planned to be bundled with lots of hardware vendors (as 'roon ready' devices) and run on DIY setup's like raspberry Pi. Oh, and it's assumed it will actually work too ;-)

However, Devialet said to me it's not going to happen. 'Very little interest' apparently other than a few people from here. I was complaining about Air and asking for a viable alternative. I won't quote the rest of the response as it was too frustrating.

Room correction isn't coming either. Neither is a refreshed iOS remote. Neither is a better configuration method (like via an app)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Anyone thinking the current model for whatever reason cannot do room correction and maybe that will be the big upgrade to entice owners to upgrade to the new model whenever that comes out?
(15-Nov-2015, 14:09)Dom Wrote: Anyone thinking the current model for whatever reason cannot do room correction and maybe that will be the big upgrade to entice owners to upgrade to the new model whenever that comes out?

I always thought there were still spare audio processors within the D series, sitting completely unused?
Could be wrong, or maybe they're not powerful enough to process full-range signals?

I got the impression the issue is more to do with the firmware updates being free, and therefore limited resources can be assigned to developing new features. That and SAM is still a big deal to them so I guess from their perspective they want to get more mileage out of it.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<