Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New product launch?
(05-Sep-2016, 08:37)nicoludio Wrote: It is likely that the profit margin on the 250 Pro is higher, with one set of electronics and one case, even if the case is supposedly more expensive to manufacture when compared to the 220 Pro case.  

Devialet have publicly said the electronics in all models are identical. Also, that their retail value - including labour for removing outgoing electronics, replacing with new, testing and shipping, is circa £3,000.

That makes the 250 case and remote have a retail value of at least £7,000. So pretty significant manufacturing costs if genuinely priced, significant profit otherwise.

I guess the main issue is they priced the 250 and 400 too closely together.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I hope you don't run your own business if that's the way you work out the upgrade prices.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
The power limits of the 250 have already been explained by Herman earlier in this topic. It makes sense what he wrote though he didn't provide a source for the information, so not 100% sure if it's true/correct. See:

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...6#pid46056
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
Thanks for that, and to Herman for the explanation.

It makes sense. I guess the new power supply and thermal capacity may allow higher power into low ohm loads. I haven't seen any detailed laboratory specifications for ages, it would be interesting for Devialet owners if someone tested the range but probably not of enough interest to general readers to justify the effort!

As and engineering led company (which they still are, irrespective of the marketing) maybe they could publish full detailed specifications into low loads, distortion, etc. not just the marketing blurb we do get.
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
I have just now received a news letter from the main Devialet dealer here in Sweden (Audioconcept) with details regarding the upgrade. According to them Devialet will replace all units sent to them with completely new ones, which was a surprise at least to me.
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -
(06-Sep-2016, 12:21)MightyMart Wrote: I have just now received a news letter from the main Devialet dealer here in Sweden (Audioconcept) with details regarding the upgrade. According to them Devialet will replace all units sent to them with completely new ones, which was a surprise at least to me.

All brand new with new exterior chassis ?
(06-Sep-2016, 12:29)G51 Wrote:
(06-Sep-2016, 12:21)MightyMart Wrote: I have just now received a news letter from the main Devialet dealer here in Sweden (Audioconcept) with details regarding the upgrade. According to them Devialet will replace all units sent to them with completely new ones, which was a surprise at least to me.

Yes, that is correct. I called them to make sure this information was correct and they confirmed it.

Hopefully this will bring down the upgrade time quite a bit.
Devialet Expert 1000 Pro CI / Magico A1 / ROON Nucleus w Farad Super 3 / Innuos Phoenix NET / Torus RM 16 / Acrolink Mexcel 7N-S 9000
Wireworld digital and power cables / Harmonix tuning feet / SMT acoustic 
treatment
- SWEDEN -
That's interesting. I wonder whether that policy is just for Sweden or whether it applies to all upgrades?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
No Sweden is a very special place 😇

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(06-Sep-2016, 13:33)MightyMart Wrote:
(06-Sep-2016, 12:29)G51 Wrote:

Yes, that is correct. I called them to make sure this information was correct and they confirmed it.

Hopefully this will bring down the upgrade time quite a bit.

That was new to me, that I missed completely and I also were in contact with them about the upgrade process.
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree