Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
New product launch?
I do understand why you are doing this !

But do not even try to listen to several units to see which performs the best - you can loose your mind eventually..
Worry not johnsap - my mind was lost long ago .... Anyway. Enough of my plans. The 220 Pro and 440 Pro are both out in the wild now. Surely someone has had a listen now, or at least has an audition booked, maybe at the weekend?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
I mean that once I tried to open several new boxed of the same equipment to see which new box performs better.
believe it or not but I believed they sounded differently !
(08-Sep-2016, 22:19)johnsap Wrote: I mean that once I tried to open several new boxed of the same equipment to see which new box performs better.
believe it or not but I believed they sounded differently !

I believe it!  Plus, you've got me thinking now....   I wonder.... Sad
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
Confirmed from Devialet today: v10.x of the firmware is mandatory for Pro Experts. So an amp coming back from upgrade will have v10.x installed. It will not be possible to install firmware lower than 10.x on a Pro according to Devialet.
I am not worried by this though. I believe v10 is made for version6 electronics and the reports we have seen from people not liking v10 on their Expert amps would not apply if this was Pro versions.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(09-Sep-2016, 09:32)ogs Wrote: Confirmed from Devialet today: v10.x of the firmware is mandatory for Pro Experts. So an amp coming back from upgrade will have v10.x installed. It will not be possible to install firmware lower than 10.x on a Pro according to Devialet.
I am not worried by this though. I believe v10 is made for version6 electronics and the reports we have seen from people not liking v10 on their Expert amps would not apply if this was Pro versions.

But that would mean that any future version will sound as crappy (or close) as 10.0.2 on non-pro versions.
Seems like I'm stuck on 7.1.3 for a while then...  Tongue
No problem. It sounds awesome!
Devialet Expert 200 (FW 7.1.3) / Magnepan 1.7i / Rel T5 / Foobar (WASAPI event 24bit) / AIR 3.0.1 public beta (best Air 3.x.x SQ by far)
Yeah, I can imagine v10 and all future firmware will be optimised with the pro's as a priority.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

So no more firmware upgrades for me either. Its been an interesting, if at times slightly frustrating journey past 2 years.
However, I have a 250 on the 9.-- firmware, Air3 for Mac, all working fine and sounding beautiful. I can stream fully integrated Qobuz via my iPad app and the Mac Mini. Nothing crashes. No white noise. Have a few tweaks, a music works mains cable, a good bamboo Quadraspire rack, solid heavy Atacama speaker stands on granite blocks. So finally got there.

I don't feel the need to start an upgrade cycle, that would end up with no doubt changing speakers, a 1000 pro and lots of angst on the way. I did that with Naim, and Devialet was a move to just enjoying the music. Gold phantoms might be a move more in that direction, but I find the design a bit ugly and they would look a bit weird in our 1895 - antique furniture, fireplace, cornicing, picture rails, stained glass etc lounge Wink

Devialet Chat has been very helpful with the FW updates, AIR woes etc.
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

(09-Sep-2016, 09:54)Cylob Wrote:
(09-Sep-2016, 09:32)ogs Wrote: Confirmed from Devialet today: v10.x of the firmware is mandatory for Pro Experts. So an amp coming back from upgrade will have v10.x installed. It will not be possible to install firmware lower than 10.x on a Pro according to Devialet.

But that would mean that any future version will sound as crappy (or close) as 10.0.2 on non-pro versions.
Seems like I'm stuck on 7.1.3 for a while then...  Tongue
No problem. It sounds awesome!

I am on 9.0.1 at the moment with a plan to go back to 7.1.3 to check. I used 7.1.3 for a long time and loved it!. Now this may not happen as I've decided I want to upgrade to Pro.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
(09-Sep-2016, 10:28)DelaneyB Wrote: So no more firmware upgrades for me either. Its been an interesting, if at times slightly frustrating journey past 2 years.
However, I have a 250 on the 9.-- firmware, Air3 for Mac, all working fine and sounding beautiful. I can stream fully integrated Qobuz via my iPad app and the Mac Mini. Nothing crashes. No white noise. Have a few tweaks, a music works mains cable, a good bamboo Quadraspire rack, solid heavy Atacama speaker stands on granite blocks. So finally got there.

I don't feel the need to start an upgrade cycle, that would end up with no doubt changing speakers, a 1000 pro and lots of angst on the way. I did that with Naim, and Devialet was a move to just enjoying the music. Gold phantoms might be a move more in that direction, but I find the design a bit ugly and they would look a bit weird in our 1895 - antique furniture, fireplace, cornicing, picture rails, stained glass etc lounge Wink

Devialet Chat has been very helpful with the FW updates, AIR woes etc.

I have also thought about Gold Phantoms. If I do not get along with the 250 after upgrade I'll sell it and install a pair of G Phantoms instead. Or maybe a pair of Kii THREE... My wife has sort of pre-approved Phantoms. We walked in to the local high end store one day in spring. I knew Phantoms where on display, but I took her to a different area of the store. She immediately spotted the Phantoms however and said "we can have those!"
Devialetless!