Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New speakers SAM ready
I notice that the original version of Dynaudio C1's now has its own SAM profile. I had been using the SAM profile for the C1 Signature but have now updated my configuration to use the C1 profile.

Too early to say if the new profile makes a significant difference. I would be interested to hear the views of others who own the original C1's.

I will report back after more listening time.
From today, Harbeth Super HL5 speaker are SAM Ready.

Please, SHL5 owners report your experience with or without SAM activate.
Pro-Ject CD BOX RS--Roon--Qobuz Studio--Technics SL-1200GR--Synergistic Research Tricon Analogue 20th Anniversary--AT-OC9XSL--AudioQuest Niagara 1200--AudioQuest NRG-Z3--Devialet 220 Pro CI--Kimber Kable 4PR--Harbeth SHL5--Sumiko S.9 Subwoofers--Sennheiser HD 540 Reference Gold--IsoAcoustics GAIA II and Orea Graphite
Alicante (Spain)
B&W 683 S2 have been added to the list of SAM-ready loudspeakers recently, which convinced me to take the step to a Devialet 120. God, SAM effect is *huge* ! Those speakers are capable of delivering near infra-bass... And of course the overal sound quality is unbelievable. I understand what it means now when people say "the loudspeakers disappear". It's exactly that !
(10-Dec-2014, 22:07)PhilP Wrote:
(10-Dec-2014, 21:59)petrik Wrote: I just noticed that there is good news for Wilson Benesch owners - Vertex seems to be SAM ready now. Also Vector is going be SAM'd soon.

I hope that they would get SAM also for my Discoverys soon Smile

Great! I've heard good reports of the Vector but will stick with my Discos for now and maybe add a Torus if and when I move them to a larger room. I'm surprised that they haven't SAMd the Square 5s as I understand that they had a pair in La Maison for some time.

I would be very interested to hear what SAM can do to a Disco.  The bass is already pretty clean and tight (isobaric drivers) but who knows maybe SAM will radically improve them?

Good news again - Wilson Benesch Disovery is now SAM'd Smile I think it's the first SAM'd loudspeaker that is having isobaric bass drivers.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(30-Jun-2015, 17:29)petrik Wrote: Good news again - Wilson Benesch Disovery is now SAM'd Smile I think it's the first SAM'd loudspeaker that is having isobaric bass drivers.

Petrik - you are a star Smile every post you make is positive news - I must put you on my watch list! So did they make the SAM measurements on your speakers? Have you tried it yet? 

I thought I was in for a nice lazy evening but now I must download the Disco profile - brilliant.

EDIT: I just looked at the before and after SAM traces for the Disco and to be honest it was already one of the best-measuring speakers before SAM - perhaps why we liked them so much Smile and the SAM correction makes them almost perfect. Extending the bass from 45Hz to 24Hz ... bliss Smile
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(30-Jun-2015, 18:10)PhilP Wrote:
(30-Jun-2015, 17:29)petrik Wrote: Good news again - Wilson Benesch Disovery is now SAM'd Smile I think it's the first SAM'd loudspeaker that is having isobaric bass drivers.

Petrik - you are a star ? every post you make is positive news! So did they make the SAM measurements on your speakers? Have you tried it yet? 

I thought I was in for a nice lazy evening but now I must download the Disco profile - brilliant.

It's nice to share positive things here. Yep, they did SAM measurements on my speakers - I can hardly wait for getting my speakers back  Smile
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(30-Jun-2015, 18:25)petrik Wrote:
(30-Jun-2015, 18:10)PhilP Wrote:

Petrik - you are a star Smile every post you make is positive news! So did they make the SAM measurements on your speakers? Have you tried it yet? 

It's nice to share positive things here. Yep, they did SAM measurements on my speakers - I can hardly wait for getting my speakers back  Smile

Well, given that you did all the hard work I will let you have the honour of posting the results first Smile I actually edited my first response - the Discos measured v well before SAM but the extra bass extension will be very welcome.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Really glad that I got my obscure Living Voice OBX-R2 SAM'med.

I got info from my dealer that Devialet will be coming to Hong Kong to do home visit for SAM only for one day. Turned out I was scheduled to fly off that day for a business trip. I figured this is my only chance to include such a small volume speaker so I delayed my trip for one day.

I have to say it was well worth it. The effect of SAM is quite noticeable. Definitely more powerful bass. Whether it adds to long term enjoyment is still to be evaluated.
Just noticed that my ProAc D20Rs have been sammed! Will have to wait to try it as I'm  laid up at the moment.  Previously I'd been using the SAM profile for the D18s with good success, but they had less bass output than mine, so theoretically wouldn't be a good match SAM wise.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
ATC SCM 40 got SAMed!
Thank you Devialet!