Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
New speakers SAM ready
For those are waiting for their speakers to be SAMed, just follow Devialet on twitter, they tweet whenever they SAM a new speaker model.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

They have not tweeted about Focal Electra 1038 that I found out today that they got SAM:ed. Just started to play with the new config, sounds promising Smile
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

just had my speakers SAM'd by the Devialet team in Paris. Painless experience, shipped by UPS Monday evening, should be back here tomorrow, new SAM profile is already on the website.....

well done Devialet Smile
Smile 
(22-Jul-2015, 19:32)krass Wrote: just had my speakers SAM'd by the Devialet team in Paris. Painless experience, shipped by UPS Monday evening, should be back here tomorrow, new SAM profile is already on the website.....

well done Devialet Smile

Nice to hear that, I waited for my Focals to get SAM:ed since I got my first 200 in October 2014 but yesterday I saw that they got the profile online Big Grin
Speakers:TAD CE-1. Amplifier: TAD M2500mk2. Digital: TAD DA1000-TX, Innuos Statement Next-gen, Innuos PhoenixNET.

Miscellaneous: Qobuz Studio, Ansuz Mainz 8 D2, Ansuz Darkz DTC, Tubulus Argentus ethernet cable, Tubulus Concentus USB cable, Tubulus Argentus V2 XLR cable, Tubulus Argentus V3 + V3 bass, iFi Nova powercables. 

Second system
Qobuz Studio -> Devialet Silver Phantom, Devialet Tree

Does anyone know what the v8 by certain speakers stands for in the configurator?  Obviously version 8 of the firmware, but does that mean they have been remeasured?  Are speakers without the v8 not getting the full potential of SAM v2?
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(23-Jul-2015, 13:45)Dr Tone Wrote: Does anyone know what the v8 by certain speakers stands for in the configurator?  Obviously version 8 of the firmware, but does that mean they have been remeasured?  Are speakers without the v8 not getting the full potential of SAM v2?

I got a reply from Devialet.

v8 apparently means the speakers profile only works on v8 of the firmware. SAM profiles will be updated for v8 as Devialet's "SAM Matrix is evolving".

So now I have something else to look forward to, the v8 showing up beside my Focal 1028BEs.

(23-Jul-2015, 14:45)Dr Tone Wrote:
(23-Jul-2015, 13:45)Dr Tone Wrote: Does anyone know what the v8 by certain speakers stands for in the configurator?  Obviously version 8 of the firmware, but does that mean they have been remeasured?  Are speakers without the v8 not getting the full potential of SAM v2?

v8 apparently means the speakers profile only works on v8 of the firmware. SAM profiles will be updated for v8 as Devialet's "SAM Matrix is evolving".

So now I have something else to look forward to, the v8 showing up beside my Focal 1028BEs.

Wow at this point I am just totally confused! So my Sasha 2 speakers have no v8 next to them however SAM seems to work?  Undecided

Right, better fire off an email to Devialet! 

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(23-Jul-2015, 14:52)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Wow at this point I am just totally confused! So my Sasha 2 speakers have no v8 next to them however SAM seems to work?  Undecided

Guillaume
I am also confused! My Wilson-Benesch ACT1's also do not have v8 next to them but SAM works!

I was under the impression that speakers with v8 against them needed version 8 firmware to be installed for SAM to work, but those speakers without v8 against them worked with all firmware versions - well certainly fw 7 & 8. I may of course be wrong.

Hopefully Devialet can clarify. Will await any feedback from Guillaume.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
(23-Jul-2015, 15:05)brit Wrote:
(23-Jul-2015, 14:52)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Guillaume
I am also confused! My Wilson-Benesch ACT1's also do not have v8 next to them but SAM works!

I was under the impression that speakers with v8 against them needed version 8 firmware to be installed for SAM to work, but those speakers without v8 against them worked with all firmware versions - well certainly fw 7 & 8. I may of course be wrong.

Hopefully Devialet can clarify. Will await any feedback from Guillaume.

David

You are correct.  But the question is why some speakers that worked on fw 7 now have a v8 beside them?  Did something need to be fixed for them to work properly with SAM v2?  Or are they redoing SAM profiles to take the full potential of SAM v2 in v8?

Or maybe I'm wrong and the speakers with v8 are all newly SAMed speakers? Anyone have speakers that worked on 7 but now have a v8 beside them?