Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next update? / Where are all those firmware promises?
When is the next firmware update I wonder? 

Much was promised when the Phantom was first released, touch volume, better sound, regular updates..... what happened?

Will the original Silver Phantoms ever receive the updates that were once promised?
(13-Aug-2018, 22:30)ChalleB Wrote: Much was promised when the Phantom was first released, touch volume, better sound, regular updates..... what happened?

Will the original Silver Phantoms ever receive the updates that were once promised?

I guess the next update will be the Airplay 2 update. Support told me this week that this will also address the crackle that is present on high pitch notes in the current Airplay implementation. No dates were mentioned.
Pwalder
(13-Aug-2018, 22:30)ChalleB Wrote: Much was promised when the Phantom was first released, touch volume, better sound, regular updates..... what happened?

I guess the next update will be the Airplay 2 update. Support told me this week that this will also address the crackle that is present on high pitch notes in the current Airplay implementation. No dates were mentioned.

Thanks for the info. But still a far cry from the early promises made by Devialet for us early adopters. Its amazing what they have done, I mean the phantom is far from perfect, but it is still quite amazing, however, we were asked to invest early on with a promise of special and ground breaking regular updates, which never really ever happened. :/
Seems it is time for Phantom owners to experience the pain Expert owners went through... still I am disappointed with Phantom development. I was more or less planning to replace my current system with a pair of Phantoms with the expectations @ChalleB mentions, but apart from the update to ADH2 and increased power nothing has happened. I still see the Phantom as a fabulous design and hope Devialet gets back on track with improvements and further developments.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
(15-Aug-2018, 09:47)ogs Wrote: Seems it is time for Phantom owners to experience the pain Expert owners went through... still I am disappointed with Phantom development. I was more or less planning to replace my current system with a pair of Phantoms with the expectations @ChalleB mentions, but apart from the update to ADH2 and increased power nothing has happened. I still see the Phantom as a fabulous design and hope Devialet gets back on track with improvements and further developments.

Couldn't agree more!

Great equipment, but really lacks in update promises!
Check this, dated 11 sept:
https://www.facebook.com/DevialetGlobal/...668324791/

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
Still feel left out, forgotten.
I have reached out to Devialet on Twitter. To add weight to my request you should find my tweet and retweet it. They have asked for my details so I plan to send them a list of questions to answer on behalf of all of us. See the phantom doesn't care thread for my main questions and add to it so I can send it through and post the results here if they answer me.
Kit: 2 x Devialet Phantom Gold’s plus 3 year Phantom care packs, White tree stands, Dialog, Phantom Remote. Use jRiver, Spark, Roon with a HiFiBerry RAAT using a fibre output.
The best marketing strategy would be to come out with a huge response to its users and early adopters, new firm ware! soft ware! show you appeciate all of your customers. If not, you are bound to eventually sink. Community building is essential!