Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No news....!? Is Devialet Chat dying in it’s boredom?
I’d say dying in boredom. They need to release mini Phantoms, a new Spark app, support for AirPlay 2, etc. There are many pieces missing in Devialet’s eco system.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
There are plenty of bugs and unfinished work regarding Pro. Most irritating to me:
1. After pulling cord off from power socket and plugin it in back the Pro powers up instead of returning to previous power state I.e. standby. In addition after powering up it does not remember last selected source.
2. I still need to crawl through all Air/network-based sources, even I don’t need any but Air input.
3. RoonAir breaks up almost daily on latest stable firmware/DOS while it was rock solid on last few betas
4 Remote app stops finding Devialet until I turn WiFi off and then on on my iPhone. I thought Devialet only renamed the app in Apple Store.
5. What about using externally stored WiFi password (so I don’t have to type it in on Devialet’s website
6. Is the small web page running on Pro functional yet?
7. Can I completely shut WiFi off? It seems I cannot, yet. How long? Why it is on if I disabled it in Configurator?
8. Volume attenuation still working awkward when using dial wheel on physical remote (after upgrade to Pro). Is that because remote’s hardware design is faulty?

Not irritating:
1. We supposed to have Bloototh input. Maybe it is better it is not implemented if i couldn’t turn it off in Configurator.

Those are all broken past promises.
Fanless HdPlex (HQPlayer) -> Merging Hapi -> Genelec 8351B
(08-Sep-2018, 13:07)Jean-Marie Wrote: And maybe we are now spending more time enjoying music than typing.

Good or bad is everyone’s appreciation  Angel

Jean-Marie

Yes, spending time listening the equipment instead of complaining about it, that´s good, in my opinion.
Let´s talk about music, for now.
(08-Sep-2018, 16:36)BoyScout Wrote:
(08-Sep-2018, 13:07)Jean-Marie Wrote: And maybe we are now spending more time enjoying music than typing.

Good or bad is everyone’s appreciation  Angel

Jean-Marie

Yes, spending time listening the equipment instead of complaining about it, that´s good, in my opinion.
Let´s talk about music, for now.

Hi, I hear good music for weeks, the Devialet makes a great sound! All right, I put together the next playlist, everything else does not matter !! Big Grin Wink
Aavik U-280 / Audio Physic Cardeas / Melco N1ZS + D100 / Melco Switch S100 / KECES P8 Dual / Transparent Audio PowerWave X / Cable: Audioquest, Shunyata, Transparent, Ansuz Digitalz A2 Ethernet, USB
Remote: iPad-Pro
Roon Nucleus+(B), Lifetime / Qobuz Studio Sublime                                                                                                          
Germany / Bavaria
(08-Sep-2018, 15:26)‘maxijazz Wrote: There are plenty of bugs and unfinished work regarding Pro. Most irritating to me:
1. After pulling cord off from power socket and plugin it in back the Pro powers up instead of returning to previous power state I.e. standby. In addition after powering up it does not remember last selected source.
2. I still need to crawl through all Air/network-based sources, even I don’t need any but Air input.
3. RoonAir breaks up almost daily on latest stable firmware/DOS while it was rock solid on last few betas
4 Remote app stops finding Devialet until I turn WiFi off and then on on my iPhone. I thought Devialet only renamed the app in Apple Store.
5. What about using externally stored WiFi password (so I don’t have to type it in on Devialet’s website
6. Is the small web page running on Pro functional yet?
7. Can I completely shut WiFi off? It seems I cannot, yet. How long? Why it is on if I disabled it in Configurator?
8. Volume attenuation still working awkward when using dial wheel on physical remote (after upgrade to Pro). Is that because remote’s hardware design is faulty?

Not irritating:
1. We supposed to have Bloototh input. Maybe it is better it is not implemented if i couldn’t turn it off in Configurator.

Those are all broken past promises.

In my case I do not have any problems at all. Very happy with the current state.
Devialet Dione

Rotterdam, NL
(08-Sep-2018, 13:34)mdconnelly Wrote:
Jean-Marie

+1

Personally, I find myself 100% content with my Expert Pros at the moment... no problems, no concerns, no annoying bugs that I wish would get fixed.   Admittedly, that has rarely happened in the last few years of my Devialet ownership, but I currently find myself blissfully content in listening to music.

Yet I, too, still return here routinely to see what new things may be going on with Devialet.   Admittedly, we just got past August where I suspect not a lot of anything occurred, but I suspect that will change soon enough.

+1 to both posts. I don't need to be be constantly or regularly fussing with the gear. In fact, I'd rather not be pestered with new products or updates every few months. I don't think the forum is dying or withering, either; if the 'what are you listening to' thread is alive and active, I take that as a very good sign. There are still bugs that need fixing and software that needs improving and I'm going to assume they have the time, resources and wisdom to be doing those things. It is probably true that the Phantom has more sore spots that need attention, but I think Phantom owners want the fixes to be good, and that takes time.

Some people like to play with the gear as much as anything else, and they will jump from ship to ship regardless of the product performance. Some have been frustrated with Devialet but that is the case with every brand of every product. Now I'm going to get a beer, settle into my chair, and spend some time with my head back, my ears open and my eyes closed.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
I join those who now spend their time happily listening to the music rather than having to worry about the gear.  Devialet Chat has proven invaluable in the journey to get to this point.  It is now so long since I have had any problems that I would have to think hard as to when and what this was.

The only remaining issue for me is not one for Devialet - and that is the integration of Qobuz with Roon.
(09-Sep-2018, 06:53)Will Wrote: I join those who now spend their time happily listening to the music rather than having to worry about the gear.  Devialet Chat has proven invaluable in the journey to get to this point.  It is now so long since I have had any problems that I would have to think hard as to when and what this was.

Good morning,

I am also „just“ listen to the music (mostly vinyl) and don´t care about the hardware, witch simply works without any issue.

(09-Sep-2018, 06:53)Will Wrote: The only remaining issue for me is not one for Devialet - and that is the integration of Qobuz with Roon.

That would be verry good, indeed...  Big Grin

ATB, tom
Devialet 440pro CI - TAD CE-1
Antipodes K50 G4
Bauer Audio DPS3 iT, Colibri XGW Stradivarius
StSt Motus II DQ, Sorane SA-1.2, DRT XV-1s
Germany
(09-Sep-2018, 09:22)tom539 Wrote:
(09-Sep-2018, 06:53)Will Wrote: I join those who now spend their time happily listening to the music rather than having to worry about the gear.  Devialet Chat has proven invaluable in the journey to get to this point.  It is now so long since I have had any problems that I would have to think hard as to when and what this was.

Good morning,

I am also „just“ listen to the music (mostly vinyl) and don´t care about the hardware, witch simply works without any issue.

(09-Sep-2018, 06:53)Will Wrote: The only remaining issue for me is not one for Devialet - and that is the integration of Qobuz with Roon.

That would be verry good, indeed...  Big Grin

ATB, tom

DarkoAudio

@DarkoAudio
Folge ich Du folgst @DarkoAudio
Mehr
Well, the cat is out of the bag: @qobuz support is coming to @roonlabs before the end of the year.
Tweet übersetzen
04:39 - 8. Sep. 2018
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
So I'll bite... will Devialet support Roon RAAT before the end of the year as well?
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA