Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No news....!? Is Devialet Chat dying in it’s boredom?
I don’t think RAAT cares whether it’s WiFi or Ethernet. I’ve had my headphone system working via WiFi and streaming 384khz with no problems.

Of course, the Devialet May be different but let’s hope not

Cheers

Chris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Roon/RAAT - Dev 250 Pro - AQ Castle Rock - SF Olympica ii
Interesting......

Screenshots of 24/192 and 16/44.1 files streaming over wifi.

How would the fixed output differ from the bit-perfect output?

[Image: image.png]

[Image: image.png]

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
(11-Sep-2018, 09:44)Drifter Wrote: Interesting......

Screenshots of 24/192 and 16/44.1 files streaming over wifi.

How would the fixed output differ from the bit-perfect output?

Bit-perfect sounds much better! Smile I'm not sure how exactly the fixed output works, but I guess it takes away some bits so that it requires less bandwidth from the Wifi network. It is absurd that Devialet implemented this kind "feature" on purpose, and it's implemented in such a way that even Roon cannot fix it since it's built-in into the Devialet AIR.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Actually, these two modes are briefly explained also on Devialet's website.
https://www.devialet.com/en-eu/expert-pr...ing-audio/

Quote:AIR offers two different set-up options, asynchronous BitPerfect or asynchronous fixed broadband, to ensure the best possible service quality in even the most unreliable network environments. Asynchronous BitPerfect mode provides optimal audiophile-grade conditions: music is transferred from your computer or smartphone to the amplifier with zero alteration to audio samples. This mode of transfer occurs at the exact same rate as Expert Pro digital-analog conversion rather than the speed imposed by your computer. The amplifier therefore dictates computer behavior rather than the opposite, with AIR intelligence split evenly between the two devices.
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland
Smile 
I battle to hear the difference between 16/44 and 24/96 files and I think I have a pretty resolving system between the 440PRO and Vivid Audio B1 Decades.
Maybe it just my hearing that is going at a relatively young age Big Grin

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
(11-Sep-2018, 10:50)Drifter Wrote: I battle to hear the difference between 16/44 and 24/96 files and I think I have a pretty resolving system between the 440PRO and Vivid Audio B1 Decades.
Maybe it just my hearing that is going at a relatively young age Big Grin

Yeah, the differences can be rather small Smile

It's a bit different thing to compare 16/44.1 to 24/96 than AIR's bit-perfect streaming mode to fixed-output mode.

You can always try upsampling in Roon. For example try upsampling any 44.1 first to 96 (bit-perfect streaming) and then to 192 (fixed-output mode). Do you hear any difference? Smile
Devialet 1000 Pro
Tampere, Finland
(07-Sep-2018, 21:17)streamy Wrote: No news from Devialet! The forum seems to become lethargic. No criticism, only an observation. Is this what we expect of a company that wants to make it right for their customers? Not to overpromis and underdeliver seem to stall activity here in the forum. Are we such satisfied or already in consternation or even worse jumping boat?

This forum got nothing to do with Devialet Official. Its not their offical forum, they won’t post anything here.
(11-Sep-2018, 23:05)PeppaPig Wrote:
(07-Sep-2018, 21:17)streamy Wrote: No news from Devialet! The forum seems to become lethargic. No criticism, only an observation. Is this what we expect of a company that wants to make it right for their customers? Not to overpromis and underdeliver seem to stall activity here in the forum. Are we such satisfied or already in consternation or even worse jumping boat?

This forum got nothing to do with Devialet Official. Its not their offical forum, they won’t post anything here.

Agree about this website having nothing official to do with Devialet, but they don't post anything on their own website either.

When it suits Devialet they go through Devialetchat (Munich Hi-Fi Event), but then they also want to stay anonymous at the same time.

Cake and eat it comes to mind.
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
wow - just realized that Devialet seems to quickly respond on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/DevialetGlobal/...22R1%22%7D
So for those being on Facebook might be a try to raise awareness there too Smile
Good shout! Just replied to a comment promising an update to Spark and Phantom very soon

As customer service told me “very soon” about a year ago I couldn’t resist asking if we could trust the words “very soon” Smile