Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No news....!? Is Devialet Chat dying in it’s boredom?
I've heard about an ongoing partnerchip with Devialet and Free a french telecom operator to provide soon a soundbar branded by Devialet. Et also appears that Devialet is working with Renault on a futur car audio system. I'm afraid that currently all Devialet R&D is more focused on these new products and join ventures, than on its historical range of products (Phantom & Expert).

It's a shame, because they are losing credibility on their promesse to provide evolutive systems.
They also changed of CEO (Quentin Sannier), so we can suppose that there is some internal organisational and strategy changes ongoing...Hope that they will soon give us back some visibilité on where are they going.
(16-Sep-2018, 11:25)Hifi_swlon Wrote: My next move will be active speakers  

Give the Phantoms a go  Tongue
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(16-Sep-2018, 12:13)Pim Wrote:

I can only recommend them Heart !
(16-Sep-2018, 12:13)Pim Wrote:

I demo'd them several times Smile I ruled them out fairly early on for various reasons. I recently went back and tried again, and made the same decision.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(16-Sep-2018, 11:25)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Those who have a Devialet and love it stick with them no matter what. They’re content and I guess the most outrageous bugs etc have been addressed in some fashion over the past year. Those that have given up have sold and moved on, or just learned that its largely pointless worrying about it as it makes no difference.

This!!
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(17-Sep-2018, 13:28)Womaz Wrote:
(16-Sep-2018, 11:25)Hifi_swlon Wrote: Those who have a Devialet and love it stick with them no matter what. They’re content and I guess the most outrageous bugs etc have been addressed in some fashion over the past year. Those that have given up have sold and moved on, or just learned that its largely pointless worrying about it as it makes no difference.

This!!
Right!
Devialet is just a company that once was good but has now turned to shit. Multiple promises across all product lines unmet, multiple statemements about long term upgradeability also unmet, unhappy customers all around. Only those willing to continually accomodate lack of progress seem happy.

The OP was correct and despite protestations about the 'hard work' being done for Roon, the CI board etc, the fact remains that these are minor changes and that the two main product lines are static, despite the presence of 500 employees (or whatever the figure is). Nothing of note actually ever happens on either the Expert/Pro or Phantom lines. Its incredibly disappointing that for a company that started out so well, this is what it has come to.

All of the promises of upgradeablity have been dropped entirely, no one can argue with this. While the base products are still decent, there has been none of the promised progression, and the company themselves do not help matters with their aloof attitude. No wonder they don't do hifi shows any longer - I would not in their shoes either if I had as little to say as they do.
Devialet D400, Magico S3, Crystal Cable Dreamline Plus, Aurender N100H, PS Audio Premier, QNAP NAS
(17-Sep-2018, 18:18)Unclemonty Wrote: Devialet is just a company that once was good but has now turned to shit.  Multiple promises across all product lines unmet, multiple statemements about long term upgradeability also unmet, unhappy customers all around.  Only those willing to continually accomodate lack of progress seem happy.

The OP was correct and despite protestations about the 'hard work' being done for Roon, the CI board etc, the fact remains that these are minor changes and that the two main product lines are static, despite the presence of 500 employees (or whatever the figure is).  Nothing of note actually ever happens on either the Expert/Pro or Phantom lines. Its incredibly disappointing that for a company that started out so well, this is what it has come to.  

All of the promises of upgradeablity have been dropped entirely, no one can argue with this.  While the base products are still decent, there has been none of the promised progression, and the company themselves do not help matters with their aloof attitude.  No wonder they don't do hifi shows any longer - I would not in their shoes either if I had as little to say as they do.
Devialet is dying a slow premature death!!!! Unfulfilled promises has emptied our pockets ( including me). I have moved on sold my expert for 1/2 the price and invested on better equipments, even though it cost more than the devialet expert, it least have no issues  and am enjoying it , better customer service, no rip off on upgrades. And still hold value.
DJ Trunk a collaboration with Louis Vuitton is a JOKE!! Guess LV bet on the wrong horse!!!!!
They are French - they move at their own pace - give them a chance and hopefully they will find their feet again.
WTL TT / HP laptop (JRiver) / Devialet 400 / Marten Django / Crystal Cable

Sydney Australia