Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No news....!? Is Devialet Chat dying in it’s boredom?
(09-Sep-2018, 13:47)mdconnelly Wrote: So I'll bite... will Devialet support Roon RAAT before the end of the year as well?

In post #66 of the thread on the recent event with Mathieu Perneau at Oxford Audio, thumb5 stated:

"…

Joachim then described what's in Devialet's pipeline for software development.  They have been careful to prioritise the software development, and described these "works in progress" in priority order.

Top priority is support for Roon RAAT.  This has been under way since May, and should be released around the end of this year.  This is seen as a must-have, high-end feature for "audiophile" use.

…"

I think that's the only statement I've seen attributed to Devialet but they apparently were showing a beta version of it in use at the presentation so I would think the chances are good.

I certainly hope that we see RAAT support before the end of the year but the best laid plans of mice and men and all that…
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
I think the best thing happen to Devialet is Roon.

I've had a 120, sold it due to so much pain of crackling (Roon didn't exist at that time), did everything I can to resolve crackling, I Just sold it for a NAIM 272/250 with MinimServe/DLNA. I came back again to Devialet with a 220Pro, (with the old network card) to get more power/grip and of Roon integration. Roon on NAIM 272 will never happen so I took a decision to give another chance to Devialet. I have it since a year now and I never regret to came back. Never.

All problem I had, is now a bad nightmare of the past. Don't forget that NAIM had a lot of problems at the beginning of their streamer and took time to stabilise. Even their new series had so much trouble. Over due dead line, etc. a lot of frustration.

Some continu to have problems with their Devialet, I ear your frustration, hoooo yes, I lost soooo many hours to trouble shoot my old 120 network. I didn't count how many HOURS I put on this. But there's a lot of improvement from Devialet, and they continu to stabilise it, with firmware/OS update, etc. so hold on, hold on.

For my part, I can say that I'm an happy camper, no white noise/crackling, no hicup, no drop, just beautiful music. I put all chances on my side with simple thing that cost nothing: Ethernet network between Roon Server & Devialet router, full STP (shielded) CAT 7 cable (don't freak to get expensive cable, just STP, good build quality do the job), trusty router, and nothing fussy network. I still wait to upgrade my CoreInfinity board and want to be sure it is 90% bug free. I don't want to suffer again. RAAT will be the cherry on the cake when it will arrive for sure... but maybe another period of beta/debugging too...so don't be too hurry to try it Cool or, it can be perfect on day one too, who knows Big Grin Devialet is a bag of surprise. Sound of Devialet is the first surprise, the second one, is Roon.

MacMini > Roon  > D220pro > NAIM Naca5 > Dynaudio Special 40
I’m still waiting for the parametric equalizer.
Technics SL-1200G | Ortofon Cadenza Bronze | Audio Technica AT-ART9 | Hana ML
Nucleus+ | Melco N1ZS/2EX | D100 | S100 | Telegärtner M12 | Accustic Arts Drive II
Devialet Original d'Atelier | Vivid Audio G3 Giya
Gold Phantom Opéra de Paris
S  I  N  G  A  P  O  R  E
(09-Sep-2018, 21:20)Magagne Wrote: I think the best thing happen to Devialet is Roon.

I've had a 120, sold it due to so much pain of crackling (Roon didn't exist at that time), did everything I can to resolve crackling, I Just sold it for a NAIM 272/250 with MinimServe/DLNA. I came back again to Devialet with a 220Pro,  (with the old network card) to get more power/grip and of Roon integration. Roon on NAIM 272 will never happen so I took a decision to give another chance to Devialet. I have it since a year now and I never regret to came back. Never.

All problem I had, is now a bad nightmare of the past. Don't forget that NAIM had a lot of problems at the beginning of their streamer and took time to stabilise. Even their new series had so much trouble. Over due dead line, etc. a lot of frustration.

Some continu to have problems with their Devialet, I ear your frustration, hoooo yes, I lost soooo many hours to trouble shoot my old 120 network. I didn't count how many HOURS I put on this. But there's a lot of improvement from Devialet, and they continu to stabilise it, with firmware/OS update, etc. so hold on, hold on.

For my part, I can say that I'm an happy camper, no white noise/crackling, no hicup, no drop, just beautiful music. I put all chances on my side with simple thing that cost nothing: Ethernet network between Roon Server & Devialet router, full STP (shielded) CAT 7 cable (don't freak to get expensive cable, just STP, good build quality do the job), trusty router, and nothing fussy network. I still wait to upgrade my CoreInfinity board and want to be sure it is 90% bug free. I don't want to suffer again. RAAT will be the cherry on the cake when it will arrive for sure... but maybe another period of beta/debugging too...so don't be too hurry to try it Cool or, it can be perfect on day one too, who knows Big Grin Devialet is a bag of surprise. Sound of Devialet is the first surprise, the second one, is Roon.

I completely agree on Roon being the best thing to happen to Devialet.

The CI board also improved the wifi reception. I stream via wifi up to 24/192 without a glitch.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
(10-Sep-2018, 18:41)Drifter Wrote: I stream via wifi up to 24/192 without a glitch.

May I ask how are you streaming 24/192 over Wifi? As far as I know, the Devialet AIR is not streaming bit-perfect 24/192 over Wifi.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
(10-Sep-2018, 18:56)petrik Wrote:
(10-Sep-2018, 18:41)Drifter Wrote: I stream via wifi up to 24/192 without a glitch.

May I ask how are you streaming 24/192 over Wifi? As far as I know, the Devialet AIR is not streaming bit-perfect 24/192 over Wifi.

I'm listening to some tunes this evening and took some photos/screenshots.
Below are screenshots of Roon showing the output details of the file playing together with the sample rate display on the Devialet of the file being played. Streaming over 2.4Ghz wifi.

[Image: IMG_2671.jpg]

[Image: Screen_Shot_2018-09-10_at_20.41.54.png]

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa
I’m sure I read somewhere on the Roon forum that streaming over WIFI was restricted to 96 kHz. I guess that’s over RAAT then. There’s a plus side to AIR we hadn’t thought about.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(11-Sep-2018, 00:57)Pim Wrote: I’m sure I read somewhere on the Roon forum that streaming over WIFI was restricted to 96 kHz. I guess that’s over RAAT then. There’s a plus side to AIR we hadn’t thought about.

It's not over RAAT, it's over Roon Air. Look at the Roon screenshot which states "Devialet AIR" and the photo of the Devialet display which shows AIR over wifi. A Devialet update allowing the use off RAAT has been promised but has not yet been released and no date for it has been announced though there have been comments that it will be this year.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(11-Sep-2018, 03:46)David A Wrote:
(11-Sep-2018, 00:57)Pim Wrote: I’m sure I read somewhere on the Roon forum that streaming over WIFI was restricted to 96 kHz. I guess that’s over RAAT then. There’s a plus side to AIR we hadn’t thought about.

It's not over RAAT, it's over Roon Air. Look at the Roon screenshot which states "Devialet AIR" and the photo of the Devialet display which shows AIR over wifi. A Devialet update allowing the use off RAAT has been promised but has not yet been released and no date for it has been announced though there have been comments that it will be this year.

Reading what I wrote I see it can be understood in two ways. Let me try again. Smile

I think that RAAT is restricted to 96kHz over WIFI. @Drifter shows Roon AIR can stream 192kHz so that's the advantage of using AIR over RAAT (when RAAT comes to Devialet)
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(10-Sep-2018, 19:51)Drifter Wrote:
(10-Sep-2018, 18:56)petrik Wrote:

I'm listening to some tunes this evening and took some photos/screenshots.
Below are screenshots of Roon showing the output details of the file playing together with the sample rate display on the Devialet of the file being played. Streaming over 2.4Ghz wifi.

[Image: IMG_2671.jpg]

[Image: Screen_Shot_2018-09-10_at_20.41.54.png]

Yes, you can see from the Roon's signal path that Devialet AIR is working in "Fixed Output Asynchronous Mode" when streaming 176.4 or 192 kHz over wifi. This is lossy, not bit-perfect streaming. 44.1 - 96 kHz streaming works in bit-perfect mode over wifi when using Devialet AIR.

I checked this issue with Roon and Devialet and both said that this is working as designed. This is a built-in feature in Devialet AIR. You need to use Ethernet if you want bit-perfect 176.4 and 192 kHz streaming with Devialet AIR.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland