Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No sound from slave inputs with 440
(17-Dec-2018, 20:16)Elztalbiker Wrote: Identical firmware both units?

Gesendet von iPad mit Tapatalk

Yes, both the same.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro CI, B&W 803 D3, Auralic Aries G2, OPPO 203.
(17-Dec-2018, 20:28)thumb5 Wrote: Thinking out loud...  Are you using a long link cable (more than a couple of metres) and/or high sample rates (more than say 48 kHz)?  If so, maybe the cable is working marginally and is OK when data flows one way but not the other.

Using a brand new Audioquest 0.75m. I changed an older Chord cable with the same length just in case.
Hi Freddy,

Try starting all over again with the configs. A small bug can make life hell because it just doesn't go away.

Try the below method. It's worked for me 100%

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-How-to-c...l-s-method

Good luck!

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Thanks Pim, I will try that again. Yesterday I did the anonymous method with Chrome and no cookies and the configuration ended up worse, with no link active between both amps. I will give it a try again using Firefox.
One thing I noticed from other people's configurations images is that theirs show the word Chaining in the link input and mine shows Digital 1, no matter what I do it keeps showing as digital 1. I can post a pic later.
This configs are different. First is for using inputs from slave, second without.
[Image: e33e4aefa34d57d69b501912bc27514c.jpg][Image: b96b744b1f9b44f55ff77d8d9c614531.jpg]

(18-Dec-2018, 02:00)Pim Wrote: Hi Freddy,

Try starting all over again with the configs. A small bug can make life hell because it just doesn't go away.

Try the below method. It's worked for me 100%

https://devialetchat.com/Thread-How-to-c...l-s-method

Good luck!

Pim

(18-Dec-2018, 15:12)Elztalbiker Wrote: This configs are different. First is for using inputs from slave, second without[Image: 36511034149a5a3f87b54b57b33c0c81.jpg][Image: 70a971617c82721f16ed688ed9856c80.jpg]

Mine is like the first one. It looks ok when I create that configuration, but the slave inputs don't work when installed.
I was also referring earlier that in some pics the link says Chaining instead of Digital as in these pics.
A possible simple issue with the formatting. Are you certain that the SD cards are fully cleared/ erased when you load a new configuration onto them? Not to ask an insulting question, only thinking / remembering that the Devialet is very sensitive to having a perfect config file. Sometimes after loading a config, some files are left on the card.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
(18-Dec-2018, 17:30)Damon Wrote: A possible simple issue with the formatting. Are you certain that the SD cards are fully cleared/ erased when you load a new configuration onto them? Not to ask an insulting question, only thinking / remembering that the Devialet is very sensitive to having a perfect config file. Sometimes after loading a config, some files are left on the card.

Yes, I have done it all the time, even reformatting once.
To me it looks like the configurator is buggered. That digital input on the slave HAS to change to Chaning , otherwise I can't see it work.

I just went to the configurator and had a go. When you add a slave, that input automatically changes to Chaning. I then changed it to input and after that couldn't change it back to Chaining. So it looks like you need to start again, just add a slave and don't touch it afterwards.

Hope that helps.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
If you still can't get it to work, send me a PM with your input wishes and I'll make up a config for you and will email it to you.
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.