Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No sound from slave inputs with 440
(18-Dec-2018, 23:49)Pim Wrote: To me it looks like the configurator is buggered. That digital input on the slave HAS to change to Chaning , otherwise I can't see it work.

I just went to the configurator and had a go. When you add a slave, that input automatically changes to Chaning. I then changed it to input and after that couldn't change it back to Chaining. So it looks like you need to start again, just add a slave and don't touch it afterwards.

Hope that helps.

Yes, that is what I was thinking looking at other people's configurations. I will try one more time tomorrow using Firefox and then if it doesn't work I will pm you to let you know and see if you can give it a try too. Thanks so much.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro CI, B&W 803 D3, Auralic Aries G2, OPPO 203.
I have had that problems usually after firmware upgrades or hardware upgrades back from the factory.

Usually it is to do with (1) Different firmware versions between the master and the slave; (2) Connection problem with the link cable; (3) Sequence of booting up of the master and the slave, master first is usually fine.

As with Murphy's law, Typically it is a combination of the above. So I would try upgrading both units with the same firmware again, replacing a link cable, and, unplugging both units and re-connect the master first and then the slave. Usually it is fine. I have had one incident of a multiple link cable did not want to budge, but it worked in the end with one of the cables. But for some reason, all cables after that worked fine afterwards.
Kondo Overture PM-2i, Weiss DAC502, LP12 Haben, Aro, Keel, Radikal, Urika, EMT JSD6, Phasemation PP-300/T-300, Linn Krystal, Penaudio Serenade Signature

Kondo Operia SPs 2.7, KSL-VzII, Acz-Avocado, etc.

(19-Dec-2018, 03:32)agentsmith Wrote: I have had that problems usually after firmware upgrades or hardware upgrades back from the factory.

Usually it is to do with (1) Different firmware versions between the master and the slave;  (2) Connection problem with the link cable;  (3) Sequence of booting up of the master and the slave, master first is usually fine.

As with Murphy's law, Typically it is a combination of the above.  So I would try upgrading both units with the same firmware again, replacing a link cable, and, unplugging both units and re-connect the master first and then the slave.  Usually it is fine.  I have had one incident of a multiple link cable did not want to budge, but it worked in the end with one of the cables.  But for some reason, all cables after that worked fine afterwards.

All the points that you mention above have been checked and are ok. I have narrowed it down to one issue mainly after comparing other people's configs; it seems that when enabling Sharing inputs my configurator somehow doesn't let it work properly (it changes from Chaining to Digital 1); it links both amps and the boot up as mono and everything works fine, but the only inputs that work are on the master and the slave has its inputs silent or disabled. 
I PMed Pim yesterday to see if he can replicate the configuration from his computer. I use iMac with the latest updates, and I have tried the configuration with 3 different browsers using the methods suggested here and sometimes it even gets worse. The only configuration working as I described above is the one made with Safari, with Chrome and Firefox both amps end up as separate 440 units without link.
When i program my 130 Expert Pro (non Ci) i choose in the configuration 140Pro and that does not work so i choose for the 120 Pro version and that works. What happens when you choose the previous version does that work for you?

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk
(20-Dec-2018, 10:47)paul.oorbeek Wrote: When i program my 130 Expert Pro (non Ci) i choose in the configuration 140Pro and that does not work so i choose for the 120 Pro version and that works. What happens when you choose the previous version does that work for you?

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

I can't use the previous configuration as it was just a 220 Pro, and now it is 440 Pro. Both amps are CI from factory (not upgraded), the first one is from January this year and the second one this month; both have the same firmware and updated.
Crazy suggestion coming up... do you think it might be worth swapping master and slave (so they use different physical units) in case there is some difference between them - if that results in different behaviour it might indicate a hardware problem rather than something to do with the configuration?

On the other hand, if you are having trouble getting the configurator to do what you want, that does sound the most likely cause of the problem.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(20-Dec-2018, 14:59)thumb5 Wrote: Crazy suggestion coming up... do you think it might be worth swapping master and slave (so they use different physical units) in case there is some difference between them - if that results in different behaviour it might indicate a hardware problem rather than something to do with the configuration?

On the other hand, if you are having trouble getting the configurator to do what you want, that does sound the most likely cause of the problem.

I tried swapping the units as well. As I said before, the only thing that I noticed that changes - and don't know why - is with the configurator changing the link from Chaining to Digital 1 when I tick on Sharing Inputs.
Freddie77

Have you had a reply from Devialet help?

I had this problem some time ago and was (eventually) told by them that my online account was corrupted, which was causing the problem with the config files.

I was advised to log into the Devialet site using Chrome and create an 'anonymous' configuration - you will have to delete the chrome cache or it will recognise you and automatically log you into your own account.

Don't forget that although you may have enabled 'chaining' the trigger connection will only appear in the configurator when you make one of the 'slave' inputs active.

Other than that, are you using two SD cards, one for 'slave' and one for 'master' - and following Pim's advice to the letter - especially formatting the cards? I found that unless an absolutely clean card - for formatting and configuration - is used then the inevitable outcome is a wish to bang your head (or Devialet) against the wall.

Good luck, you will get there.
(20-Dec-2018, 16:07)ovo Wrote: Freddie77

Have you had a reply from Devialet help?

I had this problem some time ago and was (eventually) told by them that my online account was corrupted, which was causing the problem with the config files.

I was advised to log into the Devialet site using Chrome and create an 'anonymous' configuration - you will have to delete the chrome cache or it will recognise you and automatically log you into your own account.

Don't forget that although you may have enabled 'chaining' the trigger connection will only appear in the configurator when you make one of the 'slave' inputs active.

Other than that, are you using two SD cards, one for 'slave' and one for 'master' - and following Pim's advice to the letter - especially formatting the cards? I found that unless an absolutely clean card -  for formatting and configuration - is used then the inevitable outcome is a wish to bang your head (or Devialet) against the wall.

Good luck, you will get there.

I was given a ticket reference from Devialet, but no one has been in touch yet.
I did try the anonymous configuration using Chrome and also using Firefox, both rendered the amps as 440 without any link at all between them. As soon as I add another Devialet and enable inputs in the slave amp it shows Chaining, but as soon as I tick on Sharing Inputs it changes to Digital 1 on the configurator. Both cards have been used and formatted the way Pim advised, I Pm'ed him to describe more about it, maybe he can replicate my configuration from his computer and get the results.
(20-Dec-2018, 16:17)Freddie77 Wrote: I did try the anonymous configuration using Chrome and also using Firefox, both rendered the amps as 440 without any link at all between them. As soon as I add another Devialet and enable inputs in the slave amp it shows Chaining, but as soon as I tick on Sharing Inputs it changes to Digital 1 on the configurator. 

When I add a second amp, the input on the slave is there as chaining in the name but when you open the box the box isn't ticked. Assuming that's just a glitch and since Chaining is 'on' I think we should leave them alone. When I add the slave, input sharing is automatically ticked.

Looking at an old config of my Od'A, it looks exactly the same and that did work when I was sharing inputs.

Let's try sending me your input screenshots and I'll make one up here. 

I use Safari.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.