Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No sound from slave inputs with 440
(20-Dec-2018, 22:53)Pim Wrote:
(20-Dec-2018, 16:17)Freddie77 Wrote: I did try the anonymous configuration using Chrome and also using Firefox, both rendered the amps as 440 without any link at all between them. As soon as I add another Devialet and enable inputs in the slave amp it shows Chaining, but as soon as I tick on Sharing Inputs it changes to Digital 1 on the configurator. 

When I add a second amp, the input on the slave is there as chaining in the name but when you open the box the box isn't ticked. Assuming that's just a glitch and since Chaining is 'on' I think we should leave them alone. When I add the slave, input sharing is automatically ticked.

Looking at an old config of my Od'A, it looks exactly the same and that did work when I was sharing inputs.

Let's try sending me your input screenshots and I'll make one up here. 

I use Safari.
I can send you the screenshots when you are ready, just don't know when you can see them as we have different times, I'm in the UK. I messaged you yesterday evening. Just sending you a screenshot of the general configuration now as a test.
Devialet Expert 440 Pro CI, B&W 803 D3, Auralic Aries G2, OPPO 203.
(21-Dec-2018, 00:22)Freddie77 Wrote:
(20-Dec-2018, 22:53)Pim Wrote:
(20-Dec-2018, 16:17)Freddie77 Wrote: I did try the anonymous configuration using Chrome and also using Firefox, both rendered the amps as 440 without any link at all between them. As soon as I add another Devialet and enable inputs in the slave amp it shows Chaining, but as soon as I tick on Sharing Inputs it changes to Digital 1 on the configurator. 

When I add a second amp, the input on the slave is there as chaining in the name but when you open the box the box isn't ticked. Assuming that's just a glitch and since Chaining is 'on' I think we should leave them alone. When I add the slave, input sharing is automatically ticked.

Looking at an old config of my Od'A, it looks exactly the same and that did work when I was sharing inputs.

I use Safari.
I can send you the screenshots when you are ready, just don't know when you can see them as we have different times, I'm in the UK. I messaged you yesterday evening. Just sending you a screenshot of the general configuration now as a test.

I was borne ready Wink

I'm in Australia. It's morning now. Go for it
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(21-Dec-2018, 00:25)Pim Wrote:
(21-Dec-2018, 00:22)Freddie77 Wrote:
(20-Dec-2018, 22:53)Pim Wrote: When I add a second amp, the input on the slave is there as chaining in the name but when you open the box the box isn't ticked. Assuming that's just a glitch and since Chaining is 'on' I think we should leave them alone. When I add the slave, input sharing is automatically ticked.

I use Safari.

I was borne ready Wink

I'm in Australia. It's morning now. Go for it

Thanks, I'm trying to send you the screenshot through Pm, but can't make it work  Huh 
Is there a way to paste it? I can only see insert. Maybe it's easier if you PM me your email address and I can send all the screenshots.
I just PM'ed you my email address.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(21-Dec-2018, 01:08)Pim Wrote: I just PM'ed you my email address.

I just emailed you.
(21-Dec-2018, 09:33)Freddie77 Wrote:
(21-Dec-2018, 01:08)Pim Wrote: I just PM'ed you my email address.

I just emailed you.

And I replied. I might be in bed by the time you've tried this new config out but I'm happy to have another go in the morning if needed. 

Good luck!
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I've just had a reply from @Freddie77 and my config doesn't work either. Does anyone else have any ideas?
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
I guess it might be worth trying RCA to AES and see if that works? Not sure whether this method would suit @Freddie77 as it obviously limits the number of inputs available.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(22-Dec-2018, 01:10)Pim Wrote: I've just had a reply from @Freddie77 and my config doesn't work either. Does anyone else have any ideas?

@Elztalbiker also offered to help, he´s trying from a Mac with Firefox. It hasn’t worked for me with any browser, let’s hope it works on his.
(22-Dec-2018, 02:34)Axel Wrote: I guess it might be worth trying RCA to AES and see if that works? Not sure whether this method would suit @Freddie77 as it obviously limits the number of inputs available.

I could have a go that way too, just haven’t seen it. Do I need a hybrid cable for it?