Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One week countdown...
(28-Jul-2020, 16:45)Flashman Wrote:
(28-Jul-2020, 16:36)daniel.avasilichioaei Wrote: New firmware is available now...
Here are the release notes.  No mention of fixing the Roon RAAT Devialet handshake.

On July 21, 2020, we released the Devialet App 1.12. This release includes the following improvements (compared to Devialet App 1.11):
Devialet App 1.12
  • Added an option to disable optical and optical/analog auto-switch for Phantom Premier and Phantom Reactor.
  • Further improved discovery and communication with Devialet devices for network environments with unusually high communication latencies.
  • (iOS only) Added a way to work around network restrictions preventing firmware update from DOS 2.9 or earlier for some customers in Mainland China.
  • (iOS only) Fixed iOS system volume erroneously applied to the speakers at the app launch in some cases.
  • New languages: Indonesian, Vietnamese, and Dutch.
  • Other bug fixes and improvements.
Important note: All your devices must be updated to DOS 2.10 or later in order to work correctly in multiroom or stereo configurations.
Because of the network restrictions, some customers in Mainland China using Android may not be able to detect the availability of the DOS 2.10 update. We are actively working on preparing an alternate solution for these cases.

THIS IS NOT FIRMWARE

This is an Android App.

It's been available on the Google Play Store since the 16th of July.
Sad 
(28-Jul-2020, 17:26)BatEars Wrote: THIS IS NOT FIRMWARE

This is an Android App.

It's been available on the Google Play Store since the 16th of July.

Cool. Very cool... :-(
Installed the app on my iPad already. It's for Phantom reactor, Phantom premier and Dialog only. It uses Bluetooth for finding the Devialet products only. So definitely NOT for Expert PRO.
This is exactly what Expert Pro owners lacked...
I wonder what "surprises" await us in the future?
I admire the inventiveness of DEVIALET...
This update, "Devialet App .apk version 1.12" shows as an update for my Expert Pro when I log in to the Devialet website, under LAST EXPERT PRO FIRMWARE VERSION. But it dos not look like an update for Expert???

I have not tried to download it.
Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Bryston BCD-3 , Roon, Technics SL 1500C, PMC Twenty5.24. Isotek, Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital, Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro
I ask Devialet Support about this strange update. Waiting for the answer...
Thanks. Then I will wait in excitement :-)
Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Bryston BCD-3 , Roon, Technics SL 1500C, PMC Twenty5.24. Isotek, Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital, Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro
The download contains a single .apk file which, I believe, is an android application package. Typical of Devialet, this makes little sense. Perhaps it is an updated android remote application. I wouldn't do anything with it until an explanation is forthcoming. Great, now we've got something else to look forward to ;-)
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
Out of curiosity (and apologies for the n00b questions):
1. How do I update the firmware on my expert pro 220 after downloading it?
2. How do I save a backup of my current firmware in case the update has issues?
Thanks...
(29-Jul-2020, 06:25)pvanosta Wrote: Out of curiosity (and apologies for the n00b questions):
1. How do I update the firmware on my expert pro 220 after downloading it?
2. How do I save a backup of my current firmware in case the update has issues?
Thanks...

0. There is no new firmware.
1. https://devialetchat.com/Thread-How-to-c...l-s-method
2. https://devialetchat.com/downloads/firmware/
You're welcome...
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.