Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Oxford Audio Consultants - Saturday 4th June
Hi Steve,

I doubt that we will have the 1000+ on the Thursday, we will have a demo unit from Devialet for the launch and ours will arrive the following week. There should be enough people witnessing to let you know if the new (HW6.0) bits offer a significant improvement. We should be able to have Jon's Od'A (HW5.5) set up too for reference.

Pim,
I have heard a few things but I honestly don't know what i am allowed to divulge yet! I expect that details (of all) of the new boards will leak either on or shortly before the 13th. The competition has changed somewhat in the last 3 years and in order to remain on top, Devialet are making a LOT of changes to the platform. I think that this will be a big year for Devialet, they have made some large technical advances on the Phantom ADH ASIC (especially with the new DAC) and there are some big improvements coming to Expert. I have been stunned by the lack of colouration, dryness of bass and transparency since first hearing the D-Prem/Sasha combination a few years ago and firmly believe that they are without peer amongst amplifier brands. This update should ensure that they can compete on a functionality basis with brands like Linn/Naim whilst still bettering Krell/Constellation on a sound quality front.

Like I said, big year ahead. Will everyone own a Devialet someday? Watch this space!