Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PSA - iOS 14 Beta & Remote App
I took the risk of installing the iOS 14 Beta on my primary device and now the remote app no longer works. I've validated the same behavior on an iPad as well. Hopefully future beta releases fix this, but likely will require Devialet to modify the app itself. 

Seeing as how the app still hasn't been modified to account for the iPhone notch (years after the iPhone X was released), I'm not hopeful.
I am very disappointed about the remote app too, it really need to be updated and it shouldn’t be hard.
Well at least it appears Devialet is aware of the issue and are working to fix it!

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...rt-warning
(17-Sep-2020, 23:49)qwaszxxx Wrote: Well at least it appears Devialet is aware of the issue and are working to fix it!

Pretty sure that post is all about the Phantom app, not the app for Expert/Expert Pros.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(18-Sep-2020, 00:07)mdconnelly Wrote:
(17-Sep-2020, 23:49)qwaszxxx Wrote: Well at least it appears Devialet is aware of the issue and are working to fix it!

Pretty sure that post is all about the Phantom app, not the app for Expert/Expert Pros.

Ooph... that's a good point. Since the issue impacts both, hopefully they're not going to leave us high and dry here. This would be a catalyst to me finally moving to a new amp since the physical remote - while nice to look at - is totally impractical. Blergh.
I asked Devialet, and here is the answer I recieived regarding the remote app and IOS 14:

"Many thanks for reaching out.

Please kindly hold off on updating to iOs 14 for now if you rely on the remote APP a lot. Once your phone is updated to iOs 14, the app ceases working.

Regarding if and when we will update the remote APP to be compatible with the new iOs, please allow me to get back to you as more information comes to hand."
Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Bryston BCD-3 , Roon, Technics SL 1500C, PMC Twenty5.24. Isotek, Pro-Ject Pre Box S2 Digital, Beyerdynamic DT 1770 Pro
Just tested the App for my first generation Naim Muso from my iPhone. No problems. Wish Devialet would get a grip or just put us out of our misery and tell us we are now orphans.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
I wonder why both Linn and Lumin could update their apps yesterday with full compatibilty with iOS 14...
(18-Sep-2020, 12:25)ksveen73 Wrote: I wonder why both Linn and Lumin could update their apps yesterday with full compatibilty with iOS 14...

Maybe they didn't update them. Maybe they just kept on working.
mac mini (2018, Latest MacOS, plain old iTunes) > no name USB cable or AIR3 over ethernet -> Devialet 200 -> Kimber 8TC -> KEF LS50
(18-Sep-2020, 08:44)haber Wrote: I asked Devialet, and here is the answer I recieived  regarding the remote app and IOS 14:

"Many thanks for reaching out.

Please kindly hold off on updating to iOs 14 for now if you rely on the remote APP a lot. Once your phone is updated to iOs 14, the app ceases working.

Regarding if and when we will update the remote APP to be compatible with the new iOs, please allow me to get back to you as more information comes to hand."

"Regarding if and when ..." ! WTF?
220 Pro CI,  B&W 805 D3,  SVS ultra sub with upgrade.  Streaming with Sirius XM and Tidal