Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom Premier and Reactor at last united!
(29-Oct-2019, 22:24)ragwo Wrote: If it's working without stability problems for him in the next weeks I might consider updating my speakers. Though I'll have to test the stability and sound quality of the toslink inputs before deciding.

Edit:
192/24 streaming is working flawlessly with Bubble UPnP.
You have highlighted the 2 things that will determine whether I will upgrade now.  Stability of DOS2 and sound quality.  It is good to hear that BubbleUPnP will work with 192/24 and I am now focusing on whether MinimServer has been tested with DOS2 and whether it is stable.  After stability, sound quality is the next important thing; hate to find out that I have gone backwards with SQ after an update.

(29-Oct-2019, 23:09)JDtheJD Wrote: For the moment,  my system is sounding fine, and given that I didn’t notice any comment about room correction - barring some unequivocal improvement in sound quality vice convenience-  I intend to wait until either I get some reactor speakers, my Dialogue gives out, or DOS 1 is no longer supported.
There was a note that an equaliser is coming but I doubt room correction will ever come to the phantoms. There is no compelling reason for me to update to DOS2, so I may join you in waiting until Dialog dies or DOS1 is no longer supported.
(30-Oct-2019, 02:40)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(29-Oct-2019, 22:24)ragwo Wrote: If it's working without stability problems for him in the next weeks I might consider updating my speakers. Though I'll have to test the stability and sound quality of the toslink inputs before deciding.

Edit:
192/24 streaming is working flawlessly with Bubble UPnP.
You have highlighted the 2 things that will determine whether I will upgrade now.  Stability of DOS2 and sound quality.  It is good to hear that BubbleUPnP will work with 192/24 and I am now focusing on whether MinimServer has been tested with DOS2 and whether it is stable.  After stability, sound quality is the next important thing; hate to find out that I have gone backwards with SQ after an update.

(29-Oct-2019, 23:09)JDtheJD Wrote: For the moment,  my system is sounding fine, and given that I didn’t notice any comment about room correction - barring some unequivocal improvement in sound quality vice convenience-  I intend to wait until either I get some reactor speakers, my Dialogue gives out, or DOS 1 is no longer supported.
There was a note that an equaliser is coming but I doubt room correction will ever come to the phantoms. There is no compelling reason for me to update to DOS2, so I may join you in waiting until Dialog dies or DOS1 is no longer supported.

Sound quality is improved so much that my single Classic Phantom sounds MUCH bigger than usual. The soundstage is huge. Sound is very wide. Very open. A lot more composed. Everything sounds a lot more projected and actually spaced. I noticed it right away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
Hello, I have a pair of phantom golds and a dialog. I just update the whole system to DOS2, but I do not see the option to stream Tidal directly without using the Airplay from my phone app. What am I missing here? Or they just took off the ability to stream Tidal? I have only used Tidal Hi-Fi always and this will suck. Any help is appreciated if I can fix this.

Thanks
(30-Oct-2019, 06:47)pikachu Wrote: Hello, I have a pair of phantom golds and a dialog. I just update the whole system to DOS2, but I do not see the option to stream Tidal directly without using the Airplay from my phone app. What am I missing here? Or they just took off the ability to stream Tidal? I have only used Tidal Hi-Fi always and this will suck. Any help is appreciated if I can fix this.

Thanks
Hi! I also have a pair of golds and a dialog. Updated last night and was as surprised as you when noticing that Tidal was removed. Did not upgrade dialog at first, and thought that was the problem. After several attempts upgrading dialog it finally upgraded. But still no Tidal. I have always used tidal to stream music because of the sound quality. Now I'm stuck with the quality allowed by airplay or bluetooth...

Does your dialog appear under "your devices" in the Devialet app? I just see 2 speakers as a stereo pair. The dialog is not there. But I can see it as a registered product in the app.
Any one else with the same issue?
(30-Oct-2019, 06:47)pikachu Wrote: Hello, I have a pair of phantom golds and a dialog. I just update the whole system to DOS2, but I do not see the option to stream Tidal directly without using the Airplay from my phone app. What am I missing here? Or they just took off the ability to stream Tidal? I have only used Tidal Hi-Fi always and this will suck. Any help is appreciated if I can fix this.

Thanks

Support for native streaming will be introduced in the coming months. For now you can stream it over AirPlay, Bluetooth or Optical Input. 90% of the customers in the audio market do not use natively built in streaming options but rather stream using AirPlay or Bluetooth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
I see the white phantom has an upgrade but what about the silver?
I have three questions that can help before I update to DOS2.

My dialog and 2 golden phantoms are wired connected to ethernet.
After the upgrade, the dialog can be canceled, but I would like to continue using Ethernet cables for my 2 golds. So no WiFi from PLC, only Ethernet. Is this possible?

second question is:
I now listen to internet radio via spark. is that possible after the update via tuneln radio?

my tv is optically connected with 1 golden phantom. If we now listen to internet radio and switch on the TV, they will automatically switch to TV sound. is that also possible in Dos2?

Who can help me

Sorry for my englisch
I upgraded a pair of Golds to DOS2. Since my Dialog died (flashing red/orange LED) and Devialet wasn't willing to exchange it, I didn't have much of a choice. After the update, I can play on Spotify connect and control the volume with the Reactor app, BUT there is an echo even when configured in stereo mode, which is very annoying. The Golds are visible from the ipad's AirPlay list, but the selection button is grey out. So, no Airplay for now...

I also have a pair of Silver which I won't be able to upgrade, since one of them is the Zigbee/non bluetooth version. Two dialogs have gone faulty now, one without, one with Airplay. Anyone willing to donate their Dialog with Airplay? ;-)

Devialet offers to exchange the non bluetooth version for a bluetooth one, but since it's around as much as getting a new Reactor, I don't think it's worth it. It's been quite a frustrating experience, having two pairs of Phantoms sitting idle primarily, as the Dialog was so unreliable (frequently needing a reset) just like the bluetooth (disconnecting every few minutes). When they play, they're awesome, but to listen to music without issues, I've been using the Homepod and various Sonos instead.
Update successful.......so far
I have a pair of Phantom Classics (Elevate) and a Dialog. I read the documentation on the Devialet web site regarding DOS 2 update carefully especially noting the advice to update the Dialogue at very end of the process. It wasn’t clear in the documentation whether ‘end of the process’ regarding updating the Dialog meant prior to set up of the Phantoms or after the set up. After getting an on screen warning about updating the Dialog I decided to set up the Phantoms before considering upgrading and setting up the Dialog. The Phantom set up went without a hitch and to my ears the sound seems more rounded and even better than before. Apple Music is streaming via Airplay without the dreaded crackle which for me was a real annoyance on DOS1.

So the issue I have now is .....am I good to now upgrade and set up the Dialog without unscrambling the working Phantom setup? The reason I would like the Dialog in the system is that my Phantom Elevates don’t have individual optical or ethernet sockets and I want to attach a CD player via the optical on the Dialog.

Apologies if this is a rather basic question but any advice would be very welcome.
Thanks
(30-Oct-2019, 13:58)Pwalder Wrote: Update successful.......so far
I have a pair of Phantom Classics (Elevate) and a Dialog. I read the documentation on the Devialet web site regarding DOS 2 update carefully especially noting the advice to update the Dialogue at very end of the process. It wasn’t clear in the documentation whether ‘end of the process’ regarding updating the Dialog meant prior to set up of the Phantoms or after the set up. After getting an on screen warning about updating the Dialog I decided to set up the Phantoms before considering upgrading and setting up the Dialog. The Phantom set up went without a hitch and to my ears the sound seems more rounded and even better than before. Apple Music is streaming via Airplay without the dreaded crackle which for me was a real annoyance on DOS1.

So the issue I have now is .....am I good to now upgrade and set up the Dialog without unscrambling the working Phantom setup? The reason I would like the Dialog in the system is that my Phantom Elevates don’t have individual optical or ethernet sockets and I want to attach a CD player via the optical on the Dialog.

Apologies if this is a rather basic question but any advice would be very welcome.
Thanks
I believe you should be OK, did the same procedure with the Silvers and Dialog of my brother in law, and it's working without a flaw. By the way, all Phantoms have an optical input and an ethernet socket behind the power plug.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage