Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phono stage loading
Hi Whatmore,

I have a 140PRO and as far as I am aware there is no option to amend loading. I'm not sure what your screen shot is from but it isn't from either a 130/140 since I've had both and options to change loading aren't possible.

My 140PRO is currently set for a mm as I now use a Cambridge Duo as a relatively simple way to also have a headphone facility along with my mc but even when I used the configurator as a mc input using my Benz Ace there was still no option to adjust the loading, just gain.

Obviously if you still think it's possible, I'm all ears and it'd be great if you could point me in the right direction but just to confirm, I don't get your screenshot when going in via phono/tone control/bal/bass/treble.....i get...channel/high pass/max level followed by mute/phase etc.

Sorry I can't manage the screenshot thing, hence the descriptive stuff.

Cheers....Dave
Devialet help does say "Loading  Cartridge load resistance (not avaialble on Le 120 or 130 Pro)"
My 120 is not a PRO version.
Maybe that’s the difference?
It would be disappointing if upgrading to the PRO removed functionality
I have an 130 Pro and these settings are not there either.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPad met Tapatalk
whatmore,
can you tell us which firmware/software version you have on your 120? My config screen shows: "Version: Firmware 13.0.0 + DOS 2.2.2 Date: 7/8/2018 This is the latest firmware version for Expert Pro with Core Infinity. Use previous 10.x.x Firmware versions for Expert and Expert Pro without Core Infinity."

If you have the phono loading on v10.x.x or earlier but we don't on PRO's with v13.0.0, it seems we should expect Devialet to offer some explanation and hopefully a solution.
On my 130pro i have the latest non CI firmware version also no loading options.

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk
Maybe the 120 is the outlier then.
Does having the preamp out board make a difference?
Roon, Rega P9 + Dynavector XX2Mk2 > 440 Pro > Sonus Faber Guarneri Evolution
(03-Dec-2018, 21:22)Soniclife Wrote: Does having the preamp out board make a difference?

sorry? I'm not sure what you mean
(10-Dec-2018, 06:51)whatmore Wrote:
(03-Dec-2018, 21:22)Soniclife Wrote: Does having the preamp out board make a difference?

sorry? I'm not sure what you mean

When bought devialet 120 you have an option to buy another preout board. After installing it yourself, you can use it to connect subwoofers, headphones or other amps (using devialet 120 as purely a preamp).

That being said, it shouldn’t be the reason that a preout board enebales the phono function. I tried to select my devialet with preout and still cannot see the loading options in the configurator (maybe for the 120 with preout, adjusting on the fly can do loading? I cannot say for sure but highly skeptical of it)

It’s very strange your 120 can adjust phono loading. What firmware version are you using? I think the lasest version for the old unupgraded 120 is 10.x.x. Devialet pointed out explicitly in the phono stage configuration that 120/130/140 cannot adjust loadings (including both impedance and capacitance)...