Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Power consumption when idle
(24-Nov-2019, 14:23)denis Wrote:
(27-Sep-2015, 14:01)davidadamson Wrote: It seems it would be simple for Devialet to implement a software power on and off via Spark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope not that simple, if you shut down electronics how to you get it back ON...

Usually this is done by having some electronics always ON (enough to receive WIFI and process its content) and switching OFF the rest.
But to really have a low power consumption, you'll need to shut down the power supply and have a very small one delivering enough power for the always on circuitry...

Looks like this circuitry has not been implemented in the Phantom, too bad...

This means that the Phantom is not ErP compliant (https://www.tuvsud.com/en-gb/services/pr...-directive).
The Phantom is CE marked, and therefore ErP compliant if I understand right?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
I used a Kill-A-Watt meter to test the Phantom Classic White running DOS-2

Idle mode: (connected to Bluetooth) - 15watts
Idle mode: (Bluetooth disconnected) - 15 watts
Booting: momentarily goes up to 30watts and then settles to 15watts.
Long press the button on back to go to Standby mode - 0.4 watts <= I always do this at night
Playing music at volume 30 - 20 watts.

The Phantom feels warm on all modes except on standby mode or completely switched off. In fact, sometimes I don't know if the device is ON or OFF, so I quickly pass my hand on the rear of the Phantom to feel the warmth or turn on the Devialet App.
(25-Nov-2019, 21:36)photometer Wrote: I used a Kill-A-Watt meter to test the Phantom Classic White running DOS-2

Long press the button on back to go to Standby mode - 0.4 watts <= I always do this at night

The Phantom feels warm on all modes except on standby mode or completely switched off. In fact, sometimes I don't know if the device is ON or OFF, so I quickly pass my hand on the rear of the Phantom to feel the warmth or turn on the Devialet App.

photomaster- is the standby mode only available in DOS-2 and do you have to place the phantoms in standby individually?  Your insight would be appreciated. Best,  JD.
(26-Nov-2019, 05:29)JDtheJD Wrote:
(25-Nov-2019, 21:36)photometer Wrote: I used a Kill-A-Watt meter to test the Phantom Classic White running DOS-2

photomaster- is the standby mode only available in DOS-2 and do you have to place the phantoms in standby individually?  Your insight would be appreciated. Best,  JD.

Hi JDtheJD, both your questions are answered here.  In summary 1. No, this is unchanged from DOS 1.  2. Yes, individually.
(26-Nov-2019, 05:29)JDtheJD Wrote:

Standby mode is available in DOS-1 and DOS-2. The only difference I have observed is that in DOS-, you would need to press and hold the back button for a longer duration (7 to 10 seconds) before the woofers make a flapping sound. In DOS-2 I think they have reduced that interval.
All Phantoms have to be put in standby mode individually. I really wish they had a mechanism to put the device in standby mode through the APP.
(24-Nov-2019, 17:32)ragwo Wrote:
(24-Nov-2019, 14:23)denis Wrote:
(27-Sep-2015, 14:01)davidadamson Wrote: It seems it would be simple for Devialet to implement a software power on and off via Spark?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nope not that simple, if you shut down electronics how to you get it back ON...

Usually this is done by having some electronics always ON (enough to receive WIFI and process its content) and switching OFF the rest.
But to really have a low power consumption, you'll need to shut down the power supply and have a very small one delivering enough power for the always on circuitry...

Looks like this circuitry has not been implemented in the Phantom, too bad...

This means that the Phantom is not ErP compliant (https://www.tuvsud.com/en-gb/services/pr...-directive).
The Phantom is CE marked, and therefore ErP compliant if I understand right?

Maybe the manual sleep mode is enough to get the ErP compliance...
2 x Phantom I 108db Dark Chrome in Direct Optical Mode to a Sonos Connect
Sonos Arc + Sub + 2 x Play:1
Sonos Playbar
4 Sonos zones of 2xPlay:1