Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Problems with Core Infinity
(10-Jan-2018, 15:37)brit Wrote:
(10-Jan-2018, 15:21)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(10-Jan-2018, 15:17)petrik Wrote: Apparently there is a new FW available, including fixes to some bugs.
https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...5005990469

good stuff!   Smile

Guillaume

Believe that this is another Beta version, so will need to be a "Beta Tester" to try it!

David

Seems funny that they put out the public info about the new Beta software, but Beta Tester's (even those who've previously signed up ) still have to wait for the email to be able to download.

Appreciate Devialet have their reasons, but without trying to be too negative it doesn't send out a good message that the new software is still Beta, hence acknowledging that the software still isn't the finished article.
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
(10-Jan-2018, 16:02)Celts88 Wrote:
(10-Jan-2018, 15:37)brit Wrote:
(10-Jan-2018, 15:21)GuillaumeB Wrote: good stuff!   Smile

Guillaume

Believe that this is another Beta version, so will need to be a "Beta Tester" to try it!

David

Seems funny that they put out the public info about the new Beta software, but Beta Tester's (even those who've previously signed up ) still have to wait for the email to be able to download.

Appreciate Devialet have their reasons, but without trying to be too negative it doesn't send out a good message that the new software is still Beta, hence acknowledging that the software still isn't the finished article.

That's one way of looking at it, however from my perspective any news is good news!  Wink

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(10-Jan-2018, 16:07)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(10-Jan-2018, 16:02)Celts88 Wrote:
(10-Jan-2018, 15:37)brit Wrote: Believe that this is another Beta version, so will need to be a "Beta Tester" to try it!

David

That's one way of looking at it, however from my perspective any news is good news!  Wink

Guillaume

Yes agree, if it means that some of the known bugs have been fixed in this new Beta software, then it's a step forward for those with the CI board (or 2 forward, 1 back  Tongue  )
1000Pro (Matte Black), Lenehan Audio ML5 Reference's, FoilTek Speaker Cable's, Paradigm Sub1, Entreq Poseidon, Antipodes CX, Roon (Lifetime), Curious Cable USB, Aqvox Switch, Gigawatt PC-3 Evo Se, Mad Scientist Link Cable (RCA/AES), PSC Power Cords

Australia (Perth)
I actually appreciate that they post the availability of updated beta versions - it's good to know progress is being made. Personally, I've been on the fence about sending my Expert Pros in for the CI upgrade and am still waiting to see a solid production release that I'll feel good about. Hopefully it's getting close.

I'm retired now but worked IT my full career and have been participated in many beta programs. It can be fun and exciting - as long as there is a solid production version to fall back to when needed. But once you do the CI upgrade, there's no fall back.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
I think it's just good that Devialet releases these updates actively now. It's also nice to see that Devialet is listing all the "known issues" in the Software Manual.

I would still like to know what exactly they have fixed in this Beta10.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Did you get an email for beta 10 or? I would like to see if it got better than beta 4.
Nope. But I figured out where to download the new beta Smile
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Devialet has sent the notification to Beta testers on the availability of the new Beta Release. It is now available for download.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Did I miss something ?

What about the final 2.1.0 Firmware 12.1.2 I can read on the last post on Expert Pro CI Log ?
Till now it was a RC 2.1 with firmware 11.5.18...
I've never heard anything about a final 2.1 before.
And in my account it's available and dated 1 december.... Really strange.
Upgraded Mac Mini - Audirvana - Dirac plugin - Air3 Wifi - Roon & Roon Air - D250 pro - Thiel CS 3.7
As far as I can tell there are two options for owners who have the Core Infinity Upgrade

1. The posted version from the Configurator - Version 2.1.0 + Firmware 12.1.2 dated Dec 1, 2017

2. The latest beta release - available to those who signed up for Beta - 2.2.0 Beta 10 + Firmware 12.2.2
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US