Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROON 1.1 Build 88 Goes Live!
I have heard some complains that Roon does not provide top SQ in compparison to JRiver and Jplay ..
Is it correct?
I've had no issues with the sound quality of Roon via USB. I support DSD playback & works flawlessly.

You can install Roon headless on a NUC which you can go to town making a audiophile quality (In terms of hardware)

Rik
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
I love the sound of my NUC+Roon via AIR to my D200.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(26-Aug-2015, 08:40)rik Wrote: I've been running the iOS beta for a while - you won't be disappointed - an excellent product.

Rik

Totally gutted they've decided only to support the latest 64bit iPads - it's scuppered my iOS remote plans and meant no current iPad in the house will work.

I'm sure it will be great for those with the latest and greatest, but it's a bit lazy of them IMO. I don't think their GUI is that resource intensive - I would have certainly been happy to have it a bit slower or without a few bells and whistles and actually be able to use it.

I think it's a really bad move on their part - but that's because it affects me! I suppose there must be a lot of people with 1+ Year old iPads that are also scuppered.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(27-Aug-2015, 10:55)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(26-Aug-2015, 08:40)rik Wrote: I've been running the iOS beta for a while - you won't be disappointed - an excellent product.

Rik

Totally gutted they've decided only to support the latest 64bit iPads - it's scuppered my iOS remote plans and meant no current iPad in the house will work.

I'm sure it will be great for those with the latest and greatest, but it's a bit lazy of them IMO. I don't think their GUI is that resource intensive - I would have certainly been happy to have it a bit slower or without a few bells and whistles and actually be able to use it.

I think it's a really bad move on their part - but that's because it affects me!  I suppose there must be a lot of people with 1+ Year old iPads that are also scuppered.

Yes, I was hoping to use my old iPad 2 as remote, too. Looks like it won't happen. I do have a Win10 Tablet now which can act as a Roon Remote, though. In any case, I'm pleased and enjoying the new release.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Think of it as a great excuse to upgrade your iPad to the latest and greatest.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
As a developer I can fully understand why they have decided to go 64 bit only. The Apple Tool-chain has changed significantly since the A5 / iPad 2 days. There are significant libraries which a just not available on the A5. By going 64 bit Roon have been able to greatly simplify their development cycle which will result in reduced development time, costs, improved reliability etc.

I can understand that as an iPad 2 owner this is very frustrating but the iPad 2 was launched in March 2011 - which is pretty much 78 RPM in computer years. :-)

Rik
Devialet Ensemble

Hampshire, UK
(27-Aug-2015, 13:14)rik Wrote: As a developer I can fully understand why they have decided to go 64 bit only. The Apple Tool-chain has changed significantly since the A5 / iPad 2 days. There are significant libraries which a just not available on the A5. By going 64 bit Roon have been able to greatly simplify their development cycle which will result in reduced development time, costs, improved reliability etc.

I can understand that as an iPad 2 owner this is very frustrating but the iPad 2 was launched in March 2011 - which is pretty much 78 RPM in computer years. :-)

Rik

You are absolutely right on iPad 2 being a 'dinosaur'. And yes, it is a good excuse to upgrade to the latest and best-est of iPad. Big Grin

[Image: 20703d1441243757-roon-labs-software-img_0037.jpg]

Ladies and Gentlemen - start your engines as the IOS application is now available for public download. If it does not yet show up in a search of the store then follow the link below.

Fantastic application! Running on my iPad Mini.

itunes.apple.com/us/app/roon-remote/id1014764083?ls=1&mt=8

[Image: 20705d1441245921-roon-labs-software-img_0038.jpg]
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Downloaded and tested. Very responsive on iPad Air.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk