Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ROON 1.1 Build 88 Goes Live!
Can you please share your thoughts on SQ (via ipad)?

How is the experience: ipad vs Windows pad?

Which manufacture will the the first to hardware integrate? aurelic? aurender?..
Will just watch on in disappointment Sad
(but glad for those with newer iPads)

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(03-Sep-2015, 06:49)johnsap Wrote: Can you please share your thoughts on SQ (via ipad)?

How is the experience: ipad vs Windows pad?

Which manufacture will the the first to hardware integrate? aurelic? aurender?..

It is a remote control app not a playback app so SQ is a pretty moot point.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Nick is right. It is just a remote for Roon not an endpoint.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

And from a usability experience it is wonderful, I don't feel like I am missing anything by not using a computer to as a remote.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
I have just commented on the Roon forum about this. It's a shame the app does not control the current whole Roon ecosystem, which may include a Roon Server (headless now) and another Mac/PC acting as a Roon Remote or private zone as they call it. Limiting to just Roon Core is slightly 'awkward'.

But in itself the app is superb, as an interface, nothing else comes close IMO, when we do get the other goodies such as RoonSpeaker and possibly HQ Player it will be pretty much unbeatable IMO.

So much so, with the 1.1 update I upgraded to lifetime membership. RoonSpeaker will probably be the next big release, expect that to take the hi-fi world by storm.
Devialet 220 Pro, TQ Black Mains & Ultra Black Speaker Cables, Naim Ovators S600, Sonore microRendu (Roon & HQP) with Uptone JS-2
TRNC (North Cyprus)
I was under impression that ipad can control a headless unit...
How do they suggest to control it then?
It is controlling my headless RoonServer.

iPad Mini running Roon, controlling Roonserver on a headless PC.

Configuration for the Roonserver is done via a Roon client ( i.e. the iPad application ).

So yes it can control a headless unit.

The previous scenario is one where there is a Roon (Core) or Roonserver running Core, and a second Roon client with a DAC attached to it accessing Roon (core) for the music library information. In this case the iPad cannot control playback on the Roon client (endpoint) with DAC, only the system running Core.

When Roonspeakers is released this issue become moot.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
Sorry guys but I'm a little confused and really don't understand the ROON concept.

If someone has a Devialet 200 + Auralic Aries (which supposedly supports ROON), how does all this interact with ROON.

Can the FLAC music files be stored on an external USB hard drive and connected to the Aries via USB and controlled via ROON or do you need some sort of computer/server to use ROON?
(09-Sep-2015, 13:18)samurai7595 Wrote: Sorry guys but I'm a little confused and really don't understand the ROON concept.

If someone has a Devialet 200 + Auralic Aries (which supposedly supports ROON), how does all this interact with ROON.

Can the FLAC music files be stored on an external USB hard drive and connected to the Aries via USB and controlled via ROON or do you need some sort of computer/server to use ROON?

Have you had a look on the Roon forums - it's been discussed there. I believe its via Airplay at this time so limited to 44.1 until 'RoonSpeakers' come out later in the year, wihch would add proper Roon support to as yet undisclosed hardware endpoints.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<