Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reactor now available in stereo!
(21-Mar-2019, 12:28)RMK Wrote: Let me know how it goes. Either I'm too stupid to work it out or it doesn't work on Android.

Currently back to using 2 Reactors in Analogue through Audio Interface

Did you plug them into the same power strip like the app suggests?
Yup. I cannot see how this would make a difference though.

I have contacted Devialet customer care. Let's see what they say.
Living Room: Devialet Dione
(21-Mar-2019, 16:36)RMK Wrote: Yup. I cannot see how this would make a difference though.

I have contacted Devialet customer care. Let's see what they say.

Phantoms communicate with each other over power line. That is how they send the stereo signal between them. The Reactor may also be able to communicate via ethernet like the other Phantoms.
In the help pages of the Reactor, it is writen that stereo is still impossible for now.
(21-Mar-2019, 20:17)mac Wrote: In the help pages of the Reactor, it is writen that stereo is still impossible for now.

if you update your devialet app to v1.3(3022) and you connect a single reactor, then goto settings (top right hand of the volume screen), there is a button that says "Configure Stereo Pair".
I'll have to try that. Is it working for you!?
Works, thank you Ryu!

Sounds great and no connection issues on Android.

[Image: 2nbzjo2.jpg]
[Image: 29na6br.jpg]
(21-Mar-2019, 23:23)RMK Wrote: Works, thank you Ryu!

Sounds great and no connection issues on Android.

[Image: 2nbzjo2.jpg]
[Image: 29na6br.jpg]

Awesome and no worries glad I could help....just got back in town and going to set mine up now.  Enjoy!
Awww just bought one Reactor now I need one more Big Grin
Can you elaborate on the sound quality? Is it well balanced in stereo? Do you feel that it is worth upgrading?
Thanks in advance!
(22-Mar-2019, 08:28)Chris_Devialet Wrote: Awww just bought one Reactor now I need one more Big Grin
Can you elaborate on the sound quality? Is it well balanced in stereo? Do you feel that it is worth upgrading?
Thanks in advance!

Totally worth upgrading, the soundstage is totally different compared to a single Reactor, as expected. It sounds really wide and open now. I think even the sound quality improved a bit because frequencies are not all jammed coming from a single point. The stereo connection worked really well on the 1st try and seems to be very stable, no matter the source.
Also the stereo work from any input source, including optical and analog. Analog still plays not as loud as digital sources but overall the stereo was a great improvement. Looking forward to Airplay 2 update now to have multi-room ambient sound.