Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reactor now available in stereo!
Yes all stable here too.

Yes stereo is a big upgrade!

I didn't really notice a loudness difference between the 3.5mm and Bluetooth but I don't really play them loud anyway.

I just put some relaxed music on whilst working most of the time
Living Room: Devialet Dione
(22-Mar-2019, 14:00)RMK Wrote: Yes all stable here too.

Yes stereo is a big upgrade!

Do you notice a difference in sound quality when playing in stereo connected to analogue through Audio Interface vs the new way?
Hi. Josh here, new to the forums and possible future 2x Phantom reactor 600 owner. Just a question that I’m waiting on the answer before buying:

Now that stereo pairing is out, can anyone answer as to what sort of connection the units use for wireless stereo pairing? Ie is it it’s own internal radio frequency connection?

Hopefully it doesn’t require piggy backing on to an existing WiFi connection. I’m hoping to use the stereo function on location where WiFi may not exist or the existing connection might not be as strong or stable. (Outdoor and indoor function rooms, outdoor areas etc.) And I don’t want to bring a router and setup my own WiFi network just to be able to connect these speakers together.

Anyone able to help? I saw someone mentioned requiring them being on the same power strip. What’s that about? Assuming it doesn’t require a WiFi connection then. Can anyone confirm this?
Pretty sure they run off your network WiFi.

As with regards to quality I do think it is better through WiFi or Bluetooth but I need more time listening.

I've only had about 10 mins listening since the update as I'm currently decorating
(22-Mar-2019, 18:48)Josh Wrote: Hi. Josh here, new to the forums and possible future 2x Phantom reactor 600 owner. Just a question that I’m waiting on the answer before buying:

Now that stereo pairing is out, can anyone answer as to what sort of connection the units use for wireless stereo pairing? Ie is it it’s own internal radio frequency connection?

Hopefully it doesn’t require piggy backing on to an existing WiFi connection.  I’m hoping to use the stereo function on location where WiFi may not exist or the existing connection might not be as strong or stable.  (Outdoor and indoor function rooms, outdoor areas etc.) And I don’t want to bring a router and setup my own WiFi network just to be able to connect these speakers together.

Anyone able to help? I saw someone mentioned requiring them being on the same power strip. What’s that about? Assuming it doesn’t require a WiFi connection then. Can anyone confirm this?

There are actually 3 options in the software : auto / wifi / cpl. And if both are plugged on Ethernet, then you won't have no choice, it will sync through Ethernet.

At first mine were on auto. First listening experience was horrible with lots of desync and glitches. I guess auto was relying on cpl, and I have to admit that I have a lot of things plugged in under my TV furniture,so so it might not be the best choice... I switched to WiFi and the problem was gone . I will make more tests tomorrow, but the sound was completely different than with only one reactor. Unfortunately I have guests tonight so I can't make extensive sound test !

In terms of pairing process, it worked on first try...
(22-Mar-2019, 22:21)cilwang Wrote:
(22-Mar-2019, 18:48)Josh Wrote: Hi. Josh here, new to the forums and possible future 2x Phantom reactor 600 owner. Just a question that I’m waiting on the answer before buying:

Hopefully it doesn’t require piggy backing on to an existing WiFi connection.  I’m hoping to use the stereo function on location where WiFi may not exist or the existing connection might not be as strong or stable.  (Outdoor and indoor function rooms, outdoor areas etc.) And I don’t want to bring a router and setup my own WiFi network just to be able to connect these speakers together.

There are actually 3 options in the software : auto / wifi / cpl. And if both are plugged on Ethernet, then you won't have no choice, it will sync through Ethernet.

At first mine were on auto. First listening experience was horrible with lots of desync and glitches. I guess auto was relying on cpl, and I have to admit that I have a lot of things plugged in under my TV furniture,so so it might not be the best choice... I switched to WiFi and the problem was gone . I will make more tests tomorrow, but the sound was completely different than with only one reactor. Unfortunately I have guests tonight so I can't make extensive sound test !

Hi Cilwang, thanks for your help and reply so far. So it does indeed PLC (Power Line Communication) meaning I can indeed do a stereo pair without a WiFi connection, though it might be glitchy, depending on the quality of the power line. I'm looking forward to your testing. Please let me know how you go.
(23-Mar-2019, 04:12)Josh Wrote:
(22-Mar-2019, 22:21)cilwang Wrote:

Hi Cilwang, thanks for your help and reply so far. So it does indeed PLC (Power Line Communication) meaning I can indeed do a stereo pair without a WiFi connection, though it might be glitchy, depending on the quality of the power line. I'm looking forward to your testing. Please let me know how you go.

If you connect them from the same power plug, you should not run into any issue with PLC. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Stereo tested good. I used to connect my 2 Reactors by RCA cables, which are now unplugged, replaced by one single toslink with a MacBook.

Both Bluetooth and optical input sound great!
Hello everyone, i have couple questions.
Im ready to buy my second Reactor, i work onboard a ship so I cannot use it with the ship’s
Wifi. I was thinking if it’s possible to buy a router and set them up that way, but im not shure if the app will work without internet connection.
I saw here that some of you talk about connecting them on the same power strip, or toslink etc..
But to be honest I’m new to all this and got confused.
Can anyone of you tell me all the ways i can connect them to get stereo and more importantly 
Which would be the best way for best sound quality?
Best!
Juan
(23-Mar-2019, 10:06)ken46 Wrote: Stereo tested good. I used to connect my 2 Reactors by RCA cables, which are now unplugged, replaced by one single toslink with a MacBook.

Both Bluetooth and optical input sound great!

HI Ken, 

Do you just plug the toslink into 1 reactor and the other one works WiFi then ?

Think I might have to do this too and ditch the audio interface and rca cables. 

The new update doesn't play well with stereo rca