Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reactor now available in stereo!
Got Toslink Stereo working.

Sound quality is night and day different to RCA.

Fantastic!
Living Room: Devialet Dione
(23-Mar-2019, 19:52)RMK Wrote: Got Toslink Stereo working.

Sound quality is night and day different to RCA.

Fantastic!
Same I was using 3.5mm analogue cable to connect phantom pair to pc and sound was average.  Compared same songs via Bluetooth sounds way way way better.  Bought an audio card for pc with optical out and grabbing cable now.  
Another thing I noticed is that without wifi stereo pair is impossible,  for those asking about that.  Even with them pre-configured in stereo, moved to a location without wifi, connecting to the same power outlet/strip, I wasn’t able to get stereo to work.  The Devialet will not work without wifi.same as spark
So here is my "review" after a few days of listening musc in stereo.

It indeed changes everything. the separation of instruments (which I think was already done well in "mono") is wonderful. the voices stand even more and their presence is more "palpable".
Also the reverb (especially on live concert recording, but also on studio) is more detailed to my opinion, it adds a more emotional feel to the music.
Of course the space taken by the sound is a lot broader, my room is now filled with very detailed sound, and this is very pleasing to my ears !

unfortunately, being in a appartment, impossible to test the volume above 55 without risking death by beheading with my neighbours. but so far, the stereo experience is really amazing. I didn't think it would be such a step forward...
Stereo is indeed a game changer. And as sophisticated as you can be in how you mix the two channels, and the phantoms are quite sophisticated by preserving the energy per spectrum band, you cannot fully avoid a certain level of cancellation that disappears with stereo.

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Hello Everybody, 

Is it possible to run 2 reactors  and  2 Phantom Golds in one app? Or is it only possible by separate applications? I am an owner of 2 golds and looking for 2 reactors, but want to operate them in one app. Now i am using Spark.  Thanks for the info!
(26-Mar-2019, 23:09)Per Wrote: Hello Everybody, 

Is it possible to run 2 reactors  and  2 Phantom Golds in one app? Or is it only possible by separate applications? I am an owner of 2 golds and looking for 2 reactors, but want to operate them in one app. Now i am using Spark.  Thanks for the info!

Roon is the app you are looking for.  You can group your reactors and golds via AirPlay.
(26-Mar-2019, 23:09)Per Wrote: Hello Everybody, 

I have two Classic Whites and one Reactor 900 using Air Play controlled from iMac or iPhone with Apple Music as source and they all work well together. Volume control for both combined or Whites and Reactor separately.
Thanks! that is nice that Roon and Apple music works well. But works each speaker simultaneous with each other, no delays between your Classic Whites and the reactor? I want to put them in separate areas, but you can hear them together, so delays would be irritating. I hope that this is not a problem. Thanks for the response.
(28-Mar-2019, 21:42)Per Wrote: Thanks! that is nice that Roon and Apple music works well. But works each speaker simultaneous with each other, no delays between your Classic Whites and the reactor? I want to put them in separate areas, but you can hear them together, so delays would be irritating. I hope that this is not a problem. Thanks for the response.

I was surprised as I didn't think I would be able to use them together in the same room but to my ears they sound great together.  I actually purchased the Reactor to use in an RV when traveling but it now gets a spot in the Living Room with the Classic Whites. I'm not using Roon, using Apple devices playing Apple Music and Airplay.
How does the classic white compare to the Reactor?
Living Room: Devialet Dione