Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon 1.6 ... with Qobuz
I updated Roon yesterday to the 1.6 version. Great software, I must say! Being a long-time Aurender N100H user, seeing now this fantastic Roon software, makes the Aurender Conductor app totally obsolete. In Roon's 1.5 version I missed Qobuz that is integrated in the Aurender app, but now after Qobuz integration into Roon, I couldn't be happier. I actually replaced my Aurender N100H with a Roon Nucleus, connecting it via Ethernet to my Aurender Expert 120. Very happy with the setup!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

SonicTransporter i5 - AirPort Extreme - Devialet Expert 120 - ATC SCM 19 v1
@Sailor4W , you might want to replace those flat cables with some proper twisted pair. A mate of mine spent days trying to get his Sonos working after moving house with no luck. I switched one flat cable with a Cat.5 cable and it was fixed.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(23-Jan-2019, 09:47)Pim Wrote: @Sailor4W , you might want to replace those flat cables with some proper twisted pair. A mate of mine spent days trying to get his Sonos working after moving house with no luck. I switched one flat cable with a Cat.5 cable and it was fixed.

Thanks for the tip! Will try. Although, so far, I have no problems whatsoever. The setup works flawlessly. But I'll try and see what difference it makes.
(23-Jan-2019, 10:02)Sailor4W Wrote:
(23-Jan-2019, 09:47)Pim Wrote: @Sailor4W , you might want to replace those flat cables with some proper twisted pair. A mate of mine spent days trying to get his Sonos working after moving house with no luck. I switched one flat cable with a Cat.5 cable and it was fixed.

Thanks for the tip! Will try. Although, so far, I have no problems whatsoever. The setup works flawlessly. But I'll try and see what difference it makes.

Another tip is, try supra cat8 :-)

It won't make a difference at all. It's just an insurance you won't bump into problems down the road. A little bit of corrosion on top of the cross talk that the flat cable 'provides' and it might just be the straw that broke the camel's back.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(23-Jan-2019, 08:46)Sailor4W Wrote: I updated Roon yesterday to the 1.6 version. Great software, I must say! Being a long-time Aurender N100H user, seeing now this fantastic Roon software, makes the Aurender Conductor app totally obsolete. In Roon's 1.5 version I missed Qobuz that is integrated in the Aurender app, but now after Qobuz integration into Roon, I couldn't be happier. I actually replaced my Aurender N100H with a Roon Nucleus, connecting it via Ethernet to my Aurender Expert 120. Very happy with the setup!

Is that your music stored on the small Hard Drive attached by usb to the Nucleus ?
This is an option I am considering .......sorry to derail the thread Shy
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(23-Jan-2019, 10:12)Johnnydev Wrote:

The house is wired with Cat 7a Ethernet, never heard of supra Cat 8. Will check, though.
(23-Jan-2019, 10:36)Womaz Wrote:
(23-Jan-2019, 08:46)Sailor4W Wrote: I updated Roon yesterday to the 1.6 version. Great software, I must say! Being a long-time Aurender N100H user, seeing now this fantastic Roon software, makes the Aurender Conductor app totally obsolete. In Roon's 1.5 version I missed Qobuz that is integrated in the Aurender app, but now after Qobuz integration into Roon, I couldn't be happier. I actually replaced my Aurender N100H with a Roon Nucleus, connecting it via Ethernet to my Aurender Expert 120. Very happy with the setup!

Is that your music stored on the small Hard Drive attached by usb to the Nucleus ?
This is an option I am considering .......sorry to derail the thread  Shy

Yes, exactly, it's a 2TB Samsung T5 SSD. When I bought the Nucleus, I was thinking about putting an internal SSD storage device. But I already had the small SSD available, as I previously had my i7 Mac Mini running Roon and my library on the Samsung device. It also worked flawlessly, but the Mac Mini setup sounded a bit harsh.
(23-Jan-2019, 10:32)Pim Wrote:

It won't make a difference at all. It's just an insurance you won't bump into problems down the road. A little bit of corrosion on top of the cross talk that the flat cable 'provides' and it might just be the straw that broke the camel's back.

I see, so the flat cable might develop some mechanical issues. Thanks for the tip!
(23-Jan-2019, 11:04)Sailor4W Wrote:
(23-Jan-2019, 10:12)Johnnydev Wrote:
(23-Jan-2019, 10:02)Sailor4W Wrote: Thanks for the tip! Will try. Although, so far, I have no problems whatsoever. The setup works flawlessly. But I'll try and see what difference it makes.

The house is wired with Cat 7a Ethernet, never heard of supra Cat 8. Will check, though.

https://audiobacon.net/2017/05/31/supra-...ience/amp/