Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon 1.6 ... with Qobuz
(24-Jan-2019, 19:40)Sailor4W Wrote: I don‘t know about Ethernet cables: there are many saying that Cat 5a is perfectly well suited for even high res streaming. I wouldn’t worry too much about cables!

I got a Cat7 cable not because of data transmission speed but Cat7 requires better shielding so hopefully less noise
(26-Jan-2019, 18:39)Music or sound Wrote:
(24-Jan-2019, 19:40)Sailor4W Wrote: I don‘t know about Ethernet cables: there are many saying that Cat 5a is perfectly well suited for even high res streaming. I wouldn’t worry too much about cables!

I got a Cat7 cable not because of data transmission speed but Cat7 requires better shielding so hopefully less noise

See:

https://audiobacon.net/2017/05/31/supra-...xperience/
(24-Jan-2019, 19:40)Sailor4W Wrote:
(24-Jan-2019, 18:17)Music or sound Wrote: I upgraded Roon as soon 1.6 got released and I am listening to Qobuz via my Innuos Zenith II and I am very happy with the sound and UI. The Zenith/Roon allows 2 different connections to my D250: USB or ethernet via AIR.It sounds little different but I have not any preference. It is great to have so much more music available through Qobuz and it is a nice Roon feature that one can see what is available on one owns selection and what is available on Qobuz. I see that quite a lot of my weird albums are not in the Qobuz catalog but obviously the reverse is much more true. Comparing the the same album from local storage or streamed via Qobuz I find the local sounds better (more resolution , better decay). I wonder wether a better ethernet cable (cat7 already) would make a difference or should I obsess about my ethernet router?

Initially, when looking for a new streamer, I was very much attracted by the Innuos Zenith! I must say I liked it and I was about to order one, till I got a chance to audition a Nucleus. It not only sounded good, it was the most streamlined solution I could get. The inbuilt Roon AIR protocol is rock solid and I don‘t need the remote control anymore.

Roon‘s version 1.6 with Qobuz is GREAT! Interestin that the locally stored albums should sound better than the streamed ones. I do not doubt that you hear a difference but when reading through the force, people say there‘s no difference. Whatever, you trust your own ears!

With the version 1.6 I find myself streaming a lot via Qobuz. It might change once I get used to seeing it integrated, but I essentially replaced all my Tidal library albums with Qobuz albums, except one.

I don‘t know about Ethernet cables: there are many saying that Cat 5a is perfectly well suited for even high res streaming. I wouldn’t worry too much about cables!

I feed my Devialet Expert 120 exclusively through the Ethernet port. Initially, I had the Nucleus connected via USB, but once switching to Ethernet, I heard a bit better channel separation. Also the sound is alittle smoother via Ethernet. Not by much, but noticeable. So I stick to Ethernet.

Do you really think that the Nucleus through ethernet sounds better than the INNUOS by USB without any network traffic ?

Hard to believe that Rock by ethernet with a Nucleus/NUC without any power supply improvement should be better than a especially constructed streamer connected by USB. Yes. for computer power [nneded for DSP] the NUcleus\NUC is the better choice but in regard of SQ ?
Formerly Devialet 220PRO CI, Magico A3, 2 Gold Phantoms, Dialog/Raspberry PI2 Digi+, ROON Rock NUC8i3, Bluesound Powernode 2i, B&W 607, Audirvana
(26-Jan-2019, 22:39)midi Wrote:
(24-Jan-2019, 19:40)Sailor4W Wrote:
(24-Jan-2019, 18:17)Music or sound Wrote: I upgraded Roon as soon 1.6 got released and I am listening to Qobuz via my Innuos Zenith II and I am very happy with the sound and UI. The Zenith/Roon allows 2 different connections to my D250: USB or ethernet via AIR.It sounds little different but I have not any preference. It is great to have so much more music available through Qobuz and it is a nice Roon feature that one can see what is available on one owns selection and what is available on Qobuz. I see that quite a lot of my weird albums are not in the Qobuz catalog but obviously the reverse is much more true. Comparing the the same album from local storage or streamed via Qobuz I find the local sounds better (more resolution , better decay). I wonder wether a better ethernet cable (cat7 already) would make a difference or should I obsess about my ethernet router?

Initially, when looking for a new streamer, I was very much attracted by the Innuos Zenith! I must say I liked it and I was about to order one, till I got a chance to audition a Nucleus. It not only sounded good, it was the most streamlined solution I could get. The inbuilt Roon AIR protocol is rock solid and I don‘t need the remote control anymore.

Roon‘s version 1.6 with Qobuz is GREAT! Interestin that the locally stored albums should sound better than the streamed ones. I do not doubt that you hear a difference but when reading through the force, people say there‘s no difference. Whatever, you trust your own ears!

With the version 1.6 I find myself streaming a lot via Qobuz. It might change once I get used to seeing it integrated, but I essentially replaced all my Tidal library albums with Qobuz albums, except one.

I don‘t know about Ethernet cables: there are many saying that Cat 5a is perfectly well suited for even high res streaming. I wouldn’t worry too much about cables!

I feed my Devialet Expert 120 exclusively through the Ethernet port. Initially, I had the Nucleus connected via USB, but once switching to Ethernet, I heard a bit better channel separation. Also the sound is alittle smoother via Ethernet. Not by much, but noticeable. So I stick to Ethernet.

Do you really think that the Nucleus through ethernet sounds better than the INNUOS by USB without any network traffic ?

Hard to believe that Rock by ethernet with a Nucleus/NUC without any power supply improvement should be better than a especially constructed streamer connected by USB.  Yes. for computer power [nneded for DSP]  the NUcleus\NUC is the better choice but in regard of SQ ?

This is not what I said. I have never heard an INNUOS, so I can't judge at all. All I am saying that my Nucleus sounds a tiny bit better through Ethernet than via USB.
SonicTransporter i5 - AirPort Extreme - Devialet Expert 120 - ATC SCM 19 v1
I must say, I’m really impressed with quboz and Roon. Roon seems to integrate very easily with the devialet. I never used Roon before, so 1.6 is the only version I have used. I am still awaiting my final streaming solution (lumin u1 mini), but I have been pleased with the integration from Roon to the devialet via AIR. I thought I would have  to airplay from my Roon/quboz app via my Apple TV and be limited to 16/44.1 but according to Roon, I’m connecting to the devialet via AIR over WiFi up to 24/192. And it will even power on my devialet from the Roon app; Bonus!

I understand there is a Roon Air(Roon RAAT) option that is preferred over Devialet Air? Is that even available? If so where do you select it?
(01-Feb-2019, 23:20)mmorrison55 Wrote: I must say, I’m really impressed with quboz and Roon. Roon seems to integrate very easily with the devialet. I never used Roon before, so 1.6 is the only version I have used. I am still awaiting my final streaming solution (lumin u1 mini), but I have been pleased with the integration from Roon to the devialet via AIR. I thought I would have  to airplay from my Roon/quboz app via my Apple TV and be limited to 16/44.1 but according to Roon, I’m connecting to the devialet via AIR over WiFi up to 24/192. And it will even power on my devialet from the Roon app; Bonus!

I understand there is a Roon Air(Roon RAAT) option that is preferred over Devialet Air? Is that even available? If so where do you select it?
ROON RAAT was promised by year end last year but still in final bug checking...think it should be coming soonish...DEVIALET style.  Suspect it will drop by end of Feb.
The integration of Qobuz with Roon has exceeded my expectations.  You get the full deal, including access to the Qobuz PDFs through Roon.  Roon Radio which also accesses the Qobuz catalogue has already uncovered some wonderful performances unknown to me before (I was “semi-listening” when I had to sit up and take notice of Byron Janis playing Prokofiev PC no 3). My “pop” friends were very impressed with my newly acquired catalogue of 1960s music.  I am tempted to upgrade to the Qobuz Sublime + option when my subscription comes up for renewal later this year.
(02-Feb-2019, 06:42)Will Wrote: The integration of Qobuz with Roon has exceeded my expectations.  You get the full deal, including access to the Qobuz PDFs through Roon.  Roon Radio which also accesses the Qobuz catalogue has already uncovered some wonderful performances unknown to me before (I was “semi-listening” when I had to sit up and take notice of Byron Janis playing Prokofiev PC no 3). My “pop” friends were very impressed with my newly acquired catalogue of 1960s music.  I am tempted to upgrade to the Qobuz Sublime + option when my subscription comes up for renewal later this year.

I must doing something wrong, when I run a search on the Qobuz app I get more results than running same search using Roon .
Any thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(02-Feb-2019, 08:21)no32 Wrote:
(02-Feb-2019, 06:42)Will Wrote: The integration of Qobuz with Roon has exceeded my expectations.  You get the full deal, including access to the Qobuz PDFs through Roon.  Roon Radio which also accesses the Qobuz catalogue has already uncovered some wonderful performances unknown to me before (I was “semi-listening” when I had to sit up and take notice of Byron Janis playing Prokofiev PC no 3). My “pop” friends were very impressed with my newly acquired catalogue of 1960s music.  I am tempted to upgrade to the Qobuz Sublime + option when my subscription comes up for renewal later this year.

I must doing something wrong, when I run a search on the Qobuz app I get more results than running same search using Roon .
Any thoughts?

The search results are certainly different - using my example of Byron Janis, the Qobuz search yields mostly correct matches to the artist whereas the Roon search yields a number of “false” matches (in terms of what I am looking for) - such as Janis Joplin and Janis Ian and Byron.  (There are also differences between the Qobuz app search and Qobuz search through the web page).  It is an area for improvement that Roon/Qobuz should address, but far from being a show stopper.

There are other oddities - a came across a multi disc set of Wilhelm Kempf, through Roon/Qobuz, which I thought I might purchase. I could not find it in either the Qobuz app or website - whatever I did. I added it to my library through Roon/Qobuz and noticed that it now appears in my Qobuz app. However, while I am able to stream it using Roon/Qobuz, I get an error message when I attempt to do the same using the Qobuz app.
(02-Feb-2019, 09:06)Will Wrote:
(02-Feb-2019, 08:21)no32 Wrote:

Any thoughts?

The search results are certainly different - using my example of Byron Janis, the Qobuz search yields mostly correct matches to the artist whereas the Roon search yields a number of “false” matches (in terms of what I am looking for) - such as Janis Joplin and Janis Ian and Byron.  (There are also differences between the Qobuz app search and Qobuz search through the web page).  It is an area for improvement that Roon/Qobuz should address, but far from being a show stopper.

There are other oddities - a came across a multi disc set of Wilhelm Kempf, through Roon/Qobuz, which I thought I might purchase.  I could not find it in either the Qobuz app or website - whatever I did.  I added it to my library through Roon/Qobuz and noticed that it now appears in my Qobuz app.  However, while I am able to stream it using Roon/Qobuz, I get an error message when I attempt to do the same using the Qobuz app.

From what I understand, Roon needs some time to update its library with new additions in Tidal/Qobuz. So with Qobuz only just added, it might be better in a couple of weeks.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.