Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Roon 1.6 ... with Qobuz
@thumb5 - how do you set up ROON to use the volume with the Dev? Also, by any chance do you use HQPlayer and does the volume in ROON work for that as well? 

For me it is helpful to use the Devialet Remote App (when it is working - which is at best 50% of the time) to see what the volume is since different tracks I play require different volume levels.
Nucklehead AMD Server  -   Devialet 1000Pro  -  Magico S3 Speakers
New England
USA
@Dan Roon also gives you the option of volume levelling. Its not perfect, but it does reduce the number of times you need to adjust the volume
Roon -> AIR -> Ethernet ->  D220-> KEF Reference 3
(02-Feb-2019, 19:35)Dan Wrote: @thumb5 - how do you set up ROON to use the volume with the Dev? Also, by any chance do you use HQPlayer and does the volume in ROON work for that as well? 

For me it is helpful to use the Devialet Remote App (when it is working - which is at best 50% of the time) to see what the volume is since different tracks I play require different volume levels.

Volume control is included in the ROON AIR app. It shows up as a small loudspeaker icon on the bottom right. You click on it and you can set any volume you want to (see attachment). ROON AIR actually takes over the volume settings from the Dev. When I start it, it takes the -40 dB settings from the Devialet. very handy.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

SonicTransporter i5 - AirPort Extreme - Devialet Expert 120 - ATC SCM 19 v1
Thanks to both of you - I have always done Device for volume - I will now do some listening with these options.

Dan
New England
USA
(02-Feb-2019, 19:35)Dan Wrote: @thumb5 - how do you set up ROON to use the volume with the Dev? Also, by any chance do you use HQPlayer and does the volume in ROON work for that as well? 

@Dan, I see @Sailor4W beat me to it! His picture shows exactly what I was talking about.  I don't use HQPlayer so you might have to experiment to see whether it still works in that configuration, though I'd expect so.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(02-Feb-2019, 23:19)thumb5 Wrote:

@Dan, I see @Sailor4W beat me to it! His picture shows exactly what I was talking about.  I don't use HQPlayer so you might have to experiment to see whether it still works in that configuration, though I'd expect so.

I use another RAAT device to stream to the D, but still have the RoonAIR setup just for volume control - it works for me even while streaming through another source.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

I didn’t mean to hijack this thread....

Unless I’m wrong the volume control on the bottom right of ROON only reflects the Dev volume if one is using ROONAIR. Since I either use HQPlayer or a NUC as an Endpoint (streaming to the Dev) this doesn’t help me. I used to do exactly as you do - enabling ROONAIR as a zone in ROON so I could check the volume but after a few issues someone suggested to me that having two zones enabled could be an issue - so I set of on a quest to somehow make the Devialet Remote APP work. The latest thing I have done is to reserve the same IP address for my phone on my router.
So far this is working (famous last words...)

Dan
New England
USA
I just noticed that Roon RAAT appears to be integrated now. I guess it went in with 1.6? Or is their a different RAAT that you guys are expecting?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

No, RAAT is not yet integrated into the Devialet.

What your display is showing you is that Roon is using RAAT to communicate with the USB output of your Lumin.

When we get RAAT on the Devialet what you will see in the listing of Zones you can activate in Roon's Audio Settings menu is an entry for your Devialet which says that it is "Roon Ready". When you select that you will see that the Devialet will be shown in the signal path display where your Lumin is now shown, with the RAAT statement below it to show that Roon is communicating with the Devialet via RAAT. The Output entry below that will show Analog output which is what the Devialet outputs, not USB output.

Items in the signal path listing appear in the order they occur in the signal path. The fact that the RAAT description occurs before the USB output means that the signal is conveyed to the USB output of the Lumin by RAAT, not that the Devialet is receiving RAAT.

Addition: The Devialet needs an OS/firmware update to become Roon Ready so Roon can communicate with it via RAAT. Roon is currently doing certification testing of that software with Devialet. Once it is given certification we will see an OS/firmware update from Devialet and once that update is installed the Devialet will then show up as Roon Ready in Roon's Audio Settings file. An update to Roon isn't required and Roon version 1.6 didn't do anything to RAAT capability or that would have been listed in the log of changes for that Roon update.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Ahh.key word is with the devialet. I guess I misunderstood the Roon thread and thought the RAAT integration to come had something to do with the Qobuz/Roon update.

Both qobuz and Roon are new to me (less than a week) so no idea if what I’m seeing is new to everyone else or not.