Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Roon supports Devialet AIR
Thank you @ogs. I'm using similar settings.

I guess I'll need to contact Devialet support again.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Are you using gigabit ports? I still use 100TX for most of my devices including the Devialet.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
Excellent question. The Roon Nucleus+, the Netgear switch, and the Devialet are all having gigabit ports. Also the network cables are cat6. Therefore I believe I'm experiencing some AIR related issue again.

I remember having a call with Devialet support sometime last winter and they were then saying that there are some known problems with high res streaming. They were also highly recommending using Ethernet instead of Wifi. So that's what I'm doing right now. I thought that maybe these high res streaming problems would have been fixed already, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I'll check this support again.
Bluesound Node > Matrix Audio X-SPDIF 2 > Genelec 8351B & 7360A
Devialet 1000 Pro
Bluesound Node 2i > Genelec 8330
Tampere, Finland
Actually, my only problem is even contemplating trying anything other than Roon which might be a little sloppy. I can’t be bothered messing around with the settings. That and I have an outstanding question with Roon as to why Peter Gabriel’s albums, available and playable through Tidal, are classified as unavailable through Roon.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
So I guess in the Devialet profile settings it’s best to turn off Wi-Fi if you have an ethernet cable plugged into the Devialet and going into your router?
(09-Sep-2018, 00:23)salk61 Wrote: So I guess in the Devialet profile settings it’s best to turn off Wi-Fi if you have an ethernet cable plugged into the Devialet and going into your router?

Yes
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Ok thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hello everyone,

I would really like some feedback and advise as to how to get my set up sounding good.

I am running ROON on a dedicated i7 NUC feeding my Devialet 400 using direct ethernet connecton.
I have excellent power and speaker cables and the speakers are Lenehan Audio ML2 Reference.

It all works superbly except that i am not very happy with the sound quality and i know that it is not due to the amps (obviously) or the speakers.

The room is large and well damped so it is also not the culprit.

The sound is flat and a bit brittle sounding with no real sound stage depth. Highs could definitely be a bit sweeter.

I am pretty sure this has to do with the digital front end. What can i do to make very noticeable and obvious improvements to the sound ?

Should i add a dedicated power supply for the NUC ?
Should i do away with the ethernet connection and use USB ?

I don't really know but i am a bit frustrated since everything a read assured me that going the dedicated ROON ROCK NUC would be a large improvement.
To be truthful it sounded better fed from a laptop running fidelizer..

Please help with solid advice if you can.

Thanks a lot
James
@Saunter: would you be able to expand on how you're judging the sound of your system? For example: have you used the same set-up before -- perhaps with a different front-end -- when it sounded better? Are you comparing the sound with a different system you've heard in the same room? If so, what has changed? Or is this a from-scratch installation? In that case, what's your reference point for how you'd like your system to sound?

ETA: I just re-read your post and saw you mentioned "a laptop running fidelizer" so perhaps that's all that's changed...?

More questions: What does the Roon signal path look like? Are you streaming in the same format/quality using Roon as you were with the laptop? Is there any DSP enabled in Roon?
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
interesting comment that a optimized laptop sounds better than Roon Rock. I'm using an optimized noiseless Mini PC with Fidelizer pro and Audiophile Optimizer and Roon Server. I have made a good progress with optimizing the Ethernet connection. Instead of a cheap ethernet CAT7 cable I'm now using an Aqvox cable with the Aqvox switch SE. The switch has a ground connection to the Devialet ground. This has made a good improvement.
But before you spend any money try to measure the room response. Get a USB microphone and REW (free) and measure both channels separatly.
REW allows to correct the frequency response and creates correction files for the Roon convolution DSP.
Even if you don't use that you will get an idea why it sounds like it does.