Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shunyata Research
(29-Jul-2018, 10:33)David A Wrote: Pim,

You can't change the location of the window but you can change the location of first reflection points by moving the speaker and/or the listening position in many cases so if you've got a normal size window you may be able to leave it uncovered and enjoy the scene by rearranging the speakers and the listening position but all bets are off on that if you've got a wall to wall, floor to ceiling window. 
Looks like all bets are off  Big Grin
I have had the window open the last few days and it does make a difference but the room is still too empty at the moment. We've ordered new bigger furniture and we still have to hang pictures on the walls so hopefully I can get it to sound reasonable. I've set the speakers up so they cross just in front of me and that has reduced some of the reflections reaching my ears as loud or almost as loud as the original sound so we're making small improvements. But it's still a long way from perfect.

Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Hi guys,

Here's a review of the UK Denali, literally just out.  Smile

Guillaume

.pdf   88-90 HIFI+162_Shunyata_POSTFINAL.pdf (Size: 117.8 KB / Downloads: 70)
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(30-Jul-2018, 11:53)Pim Wrote: Looks like all bets are off  Big Grin
I have had the window open the last few days and it does make a difference but the room is still too empty at the moment. We've ordered new bigger furniture and we still have to hang pictures on the walls so hopefully I can get it to sound reasonable. I've set the speakers up so they cross just in front of me and that has reduced some of the reflections reaching my ears as loud or almost as loud as the original sound so we're making small improvements. But it's still a long way from perfect.

Pim,

Thanks for the photo, it makes it a lot easier to understand your reflection problem.

Cathedral ceilings can be an issue because you can end up with 2 first reflections from each speaker, one from each side of the slope. It's hard to guess angles from the photo but moving your chair position forward or backward a bit may help reduce any problem from that source by putting the chair in a position where the combination of speaker placement and ceiling angle means that there can't be a first reflection to the listening position. Another issue is that large expanse of bare wooden floor. I'd definitely recommend a rug between the speakers and the listening position.

I can only see the right side of the room in the photo since the left side is behind the photographer. I'm assuming that the left wall is going to be closer to the listening position than the right. That means that the first reflection paths from the right wall is going to be longer than the first reflection paths from the left wall so the left wall first reflections, one from the left speaker and one from the right speaker, are going to be more of an issue than the first reflections from the right wall (the shorter the path, the higher in level the reflection will be relative to the direct sound) so if the left wall is closer I'd pay attention to reflections from it before worrying about the right wall (if the right wall is closer, deal with it first). The right wall looks to be a lot further away from the listening position than the speakers so the reflections from it won't be as strong relative to the direct sound as they would be in a smaller room and that's a plus.

We're getting way off topic for a Shunyata thread so if you want to discuss this a bit more please PM me.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(30-Jul-2018, 12:47)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi guys,

Guillaume

Nice Review. I also spotted Denali 6000s in one of the rooms at California Audio Show on Saturday.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1

Guillaume

Guillaume,

I'm in Australia and waiting on the Australian release but in the photo of the rear of the UK version it appears that the output sockets don't have the cradle surrounding them that the US version has. Is that correct?

David
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
(31-Jul-2018, 02:31)David A Wrote:

Guillaume

Guillaume,

I'm in Australia and waiting on the Australian release but in the photo of the rear of the UK version it appears that the output sockets don't have the cradle surrounding them that the US version has. Is that correct?

David

Hi David,

As far as I know only the US version has the cradles (the Schuko ones don't). I will check though as I'm not sure about the Aussie version.

Guillaume

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK

Guillaume

Guillaume,

David

I picked that up also David. I think the cradle idea is a great one. I have the Shunyata Hydra and my US plugs fit really loosely in it which is annoying.
(31-Jul-2018, 10:47)wikeeboy Wrote:

Guillaume

Guillaume,

David

I picked that up also David. I think the cradle idea is a great one. I have the Shunyata Hydra and my US plugs fit really loosely in it which is annoying.

You don't need a cradle for the UK and Schuko plugs. The Australian plug though is very similar to the US one and would definitely benefit from a cradle.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(31-Jul-2018, 10:58)Pim Wrote:
(31-Jul-2018, 10:47)wikeeboy Wrote:
(31-Jul-2018, 02:31)David A Wrote: Guillaume,

David

You don't need a cradle for the UK and Schuko plugs. The Australian plug though is very similar to the US one and would definitely benefit from a cradle.

I agree Pim. I am going to speak to them and find out more the the Australian version. 

Guillaume

UK
Pim,

Thanks for the info.

Guillaume,

Thanks for the reply. Any info you can find out will be very gratefully received. I asked my dealer to get me a 6000S around 2-3 months ago now and he still can't get any date on when we can expect to see the Australian version. The distributor just keeps telling him it's going through the certification process. The distributor's online price list simply says "Coming soon" but it's been saying that for most of this year. I've learnt from experience with Australian distributors that "2 weeks" usually means "2 months" and I find myself wondering whether "coming soon" means something like "it will be here for Christmas but who knows what year". Getting my hands on one is proving rather difficult but at least I'm really appreciating my Shunyata power cords.

David

Brisbane, Qld, Australia