Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shunyata Research
Disarmamant, I couldn't begin to try and tell you exactly what it is doing, but can tell you with some certainty that it makes a massive difference to sound stage, both in depth and scale and speed and rhythm.

Guillaume kindly demonstrated it to us here at Oxford Audio and we bought it (and the rest!) after being blown away by the demonstration. You're more than welcome to try one out in your own system if you're at all close to us? I'd just have to retrieve the demo unit from the Boss's house!

Alasdair
(13-Oct-2018, 15:35)oxfordaudio Wrote: Disarmamant, I couldn't begin to try and tell you exactly what it is doing, but can tell you with some certainty that it makes a massive difference to sound stage, both in depth and scale and speed and rhythm.

Guillaume kindly demonstrated it to us here at Oxford Audio and we bought it (and the rest!) after being blown away by the demonstration. You're more than welcome to try one out in your own system if you're at all close to us? I'd just have to retrieve the demo unit from the Boss's house!

Alasdair

Hello Alasdair

I’m assuming it’s some sort of power conditioner? I’d be willing to give it a go in my system (Devialet 440 Pro CI, Harbeth SHL5 Plus) if you can spare it for a few days. I’m 10 Minutes away from J10 of the M40.

Martin

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Roon Rock, Devialet 220 pro CI, Palmer 2.5 Turntable, AT OC9MLii, Classic Audio MC Pro Phono and Harbeth SHL5 Plus
(13-Oct-2018, 18:49)disarmamant Wrote: I’m assuming it’s some sort of power conditioner? 

It's a type of passive power conditioner; it offers no voltage regulation or mains regeneration and instead improves the power quality through noise suppression, transient impulse protection and an innovative (patented) circuit that improves instantaneous current flow into AC/DC PSUs. The device is quite unique in that it eschews most of the traditional solutions including inductive components (i.e. coils), capacitors, transformers and ferrites all of which have advantages but also corresponding negative effects. For example coils and transformers typically limit instantaneous current leading to a loss of dynamics.

The device includes a number of technologies developed/refined by Caelin Gabriel for medical applications, specifically medical imaging. Here is Shunyata's sister company Clear Image Scientific (CIS), the Denali shares many of the tech with the CIS Model-6:

http://clearimagescientific.com/technology/

So you could say it delivers demonstrable results in environments where it matters, the subjective stuff for hi-fi will always come down to individual tastes and preferences. With that said in pretty much every environment I have placed it in the impact has been quite dramatic.

Cheers,

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(14-Oct-2018, 12:00)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(13-Oct-2018, 18:49)disarmamant Wrote: I’m assuming it’s some sort of power conditioner? 

It's a type of passive power conditioner; it offers no voltage regulation or mains regeneration and instead improves the power quality through noise suppression, transient impulse protection and an innovative (patented) circuit that improves instantaneous current flow into AC/DC PSUs. The device is quite unique in that it eschews most of the traditional solutions including inductive components (i.e. coils), capacitors, transformers and ferrites all of which have advantages but also corresponding negative effects. For example coils and transformers typically limit instantaneous current leading to a loss of dynamics.

The device includes a number of technologies developed/refined by Caelin Gabriel for medical applications, specifically medical imaging. Here is Shunyata's sister company Clear Image Scientific (CIS), the Denali shares many of the tech with the CIS Model-6:

So you could say it delivers demonstrable results in environments where it matters, the subjective stuff for hi-fi will always come down to individual tastes and preferences. With that said in pretty much every environment I have placed it in the impact has been quite dramatic.

Cheers,

Guillaume
Is there any guidance as to what Devialet models the Denali is suitable for?  Is this all the way up to a 1000 Pro?  I'm guessing that the Hydra range is better in all cases, but is there a limit to what would run satisfactorily from the Denali?

From the spec sheet for the Denali it looks like the two "HC" outlets are good for 16 amps, considering that that many of us are running 1000 Pro's from standard 13 amp UK outlets, then it would seem to me that the Denali is well within specification for anything Devialet.  Maybe there are some subtleties I have missed?

One other question I have, are the two HC outlets insulated from each other?  It is known a Devialet amp can create noise and push this back into the mains, or back into something like the Denali, if you like.  So can the Denali help to stop this getting back to the other Devialet also plugged into "zone 3 HC", as well as the other zones where the more sensitive "front end" kit might be plugged in?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(14-Oct-2018, 12:21)Confused Wrote:
(14-Oct-2018, 12:00)GuillaumeB Wrote:

Cheers,

Guillaume
Is there any guidance as to what Devialet models the Denali is suitable for?  Is this all the way up to a 1000 Pro?  I'm guessing that the Hydra range is better in all cases, but is there a limit to what would run satisfactorily from the Denali?

From the spec sheet for the Denali it looks like the two "HC" outlets are good for 16 amps, considering that that many of us are running 1000 Pro's from standard 13 amp UK outlets, then it would seem to me that the Denali is well within specification for anything Devialet.  Maybe there are some subtleties I have missed?

One other question I have, are the two HC outlets insulated from each other?  It is known a Devialet amp can create noise and push this back into the mains, or back into something like the Denali, if you like.  So can the Denali help to stop this getting back to the other Devialet also plugged into "zone 3 HC", as well as the other zones where the more sensitive "front end" kit might be plugged in?

The Denali has been tested fairly extensively by us with most Devialet models, and many other brands including the giant Constellation Audio Hercules. I know there are also a few on here that run pairs of Devialets on Denalis. There really are no limitations other than the current that you supply to the Denali, I think the specs quote a peak instantaneous current of 1000 A @ 10 ms which I imagine would cover most situations.

As to the filtration between outlets, the CCI filters are fitted to firewall each zone from another. So yes switches, renderers, reclockers etc can be placed on zones 1 & 2 and will be isolated from the Devialets by a massive 67+ dB of noise reduction. The filter technology also ensures that noise isn't "reflected" back out to the opposite socket in the same zone. The QR/BB circuit actually sits within an NIC chamber (which is the bigger cylinder thing that feeds the 2 high current outlets) so the Devialet dual monos are actually benefitting from a range of noise reduction technologies.

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
(14-Oct-2018, 12:21)Confused Wrote: Is there any guidance as to what Devialet models the Denali is suitable for?  Is this all the way up to a 1000 Pro?  I'm guessing that the Hydra range is better in all cases, but is there a limit to what would run satisfactorily from the Denali?

I run 1000pro on these with Sigma cord and never felt it was limiting any current/dynamics. Give it a try if you get a demo unit.
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
I’ve been a Shunyata user for about four years. In fact my use predates Guillaume’s involvement.

Unlike many members on here, I don’t base my purchase decisions on detailed discriminatory listening tests as I find them generally inconclusive and pretty much a waste of time. I listen, but not for long and not really in a comparative way. What I base much if my decision-making on is the integrity and longevity of the supplier (invariably one key person) and the extent to which the technical background is convincing to the degree I understand it. Obvious examples of this are Peter Walker, Alastair Robertson Aikman, Roy Gandy ( to a degree) and Steve Jobs. And to some extent the Calmel/Pernot combination at Devialet albeit that was almost derailed by Sannie and now appears back in track with Joachim.

On specifics, prior to getting into the Shunyata mains units I had PS Audio Power Plant Premiers where the good attributes had to be balanced against dynamic compromises which were clear when you drove the equipment direct from the mains.

In my opinion, as with Apple and Quad (though some would disagree) the full complement of their product makes you feel that you have signed up to the designer’s overall proposition ... whole greater than the sum of the parts. This is obviously easier on cost grounds if one has a single source and single room installation rather than something different ... and not as expensive as it might otherwise be given that there is no Shunyata Ethernet cable.

And despite their locality half the globe away, they are thoroughly decent to deal with with no bull*** like you get from some cable companies.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
So, for the 1000 Pro, Denali 2000T or 6000T? I'm guessing the recommendation is to plug the Devialets into the high current outlets -- which favors the 2000T? Or have some had better success with plugging into the lower-current but more filtered outlets on the 6000T?
Devialet 1000 Pro Core Infinity, Magico M3, Nordost Frey 2 speaker cable, PS Audio P15 Power Plant, Shunyata Alpha EF AC cable, Mac Mini running ROON.
(25-Oct-2018, 20:11)flohmann Wrote: So, for the 1000 Pro, Denali 2000T or 6000T? I'm guessing the recommendation is to plug the Devialets into the high current outlets -- which favors the 2000T? Or have some had better success with plugging into the lower-current but more filtered outlets on the 6000T?

There are 2 High Current outlets and 4 filtered outlets for 6000T. 
I plug 1000pro into the high current outlets of 6000T. 
I was told by Shunyata that more outlets you use on 6000T, the beefier the input cord should be for 6000T. (I'm not sure if this applies to European 220V models).
Oppo-203 / SonicTransporter i7 Roon Core ->Trinnov Altitute-16->TAD M2500MK-1 -> TAD CR-1
Hi

This is my first post here.  For my Expert Pro 1000, I am seriously considering getting the Sigma power cords and the Denali D6000T.  I have read most of the posts here, but would like to ask the following:
1.  I don't really mind if the lid of the Expert Pro 1000 is on or not.  Given that I will have the Denali (which has its own CCI filtering), will it still make sense to get two Sigma NR to connect the Expert Pro 1000 units to the Denali or the Sigma ER will do?  In other words, is there any discernible difference between the NR and ER if one has the Denali in place already?

2.  Then between the Denali and the wall socket, the same question, is there any discernible difference to use the NR over the EF?  I recall reading over at whatbestforum a response from the guys at Shunyata that for the Denali, it makes minimal difference whether NR or EF to the wall (unlike say Hydra)

3.  This may be addressed by answers to question 1, I am also planning to upgrade the power cord for my PS Audio Directstream Memory Player to the Sigma power cord.  Again, any difference between the NR or EF given that the PS Audio DMP will be connected to the Denali as well?

4.  Last but not least, any ideas why the Sigma EF cables are not listed on the Shunyata website?

Any views appreciated.

Ryan